I have no clue...

Gamida

So, foolishly thought if I want somethings in my game I would have to mod them myself. Easy right.

Was thinking of making a secure storage chest that would shock player if they hit it...similar to the vending machines.

So I copied the recipe for secure chest and changed name and ingredients (they are just for testing right now, would change them later if it worked)

Then I copied the block for the secure chest and added <property name="Buff" value="shockedBuff"/>

Thought that would be it as it was all I saw in vending machine code.

In game I can make the chest ok but when I hit it nothing happens.

Below is my sad first attempt at a mod. have a look and tell me what idiotic mistake I have made or if the whole thing was a total clusterf......

<recipe name="ShockingSecureStorageChest" count="1">

<ingredient name="wood" count="100"/>

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="25"/>

<ingredient name="electricParts" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="carBattery" count="1"/>

<block id="2019" name="ShockingSecureStorageChest">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="Class" value="SecureLoot"/>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="cntChest01"/>

<property name="Material" value="wood+wood"/>

<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/> <!-- build restriction -->

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Buff" value="shockedBuff"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="FuelValue" value="300"/>

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/chest01" param1="main_mesh"/> <property name="HandleFace" value="Bottom"/>

<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterQuarter" param1="154"/>

<property name="LootList" value="10"/>

<property class="RepairItems"> <property name="wood" value="10"/> </property>

<drop event="Destroy" name="wood" count="1,3"/>

<drop event="Fall" name="woodDebris" count="1" prob="0.75" stick_chance="1"/>

<property name="LPHardnessScale" value="8"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="cntStorageChest"/>

<property name="Group" value="Basics,Building"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="cntSecureStorageChestDesc"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="10"/>

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10"/>

</block>

The shock buff when hit is controlled by the blocks class <property name="Class" value="VendingMachine"/>

you could do a BuffsWhenWalkedOn or you could make a quest that requires you to consume a consumable that would cast a shocked buff on you. That buff would then complete the quest and reward you with a key that could be used to upgrade a non working "locked" chest into the working unlocked version to receive its contents.

But to make it shock you upon striking it is not so doable as far as I can think of.

You could maybe make a new vending machine and add a window to its UI that would allow for item storage but IDK if its possible without dll edits or SDX mod where anything is possible.

The shock buff when hit is controlled by the blocks class <property name="Class" value="VendingMachine"/>

you could do a BuffsWhenWalkedOn or you could make a quest that requires you to consume a consumable that would cast a shocked buff on you. That buff would then complete the quest and reward you with a key that could be used to upgrade a non working "locked" chest into the working unlocked version to receive its contents.

But to make it shock you upon striking it is not so doable as far as I can think of.

You could maybe make a new vending machine and add a window to its UI that would allow for item storage but IDK if its possible without dll edits or SDX mod where anything is possible.

Thanks for the info

*hugs gambo*

Thank you sinda and back at ya (I don't feel so bad now :))

Archived