owl79's prefabs

owl79

I'm going to hop on the bandwagon and post some prefabs here too :)

I usually just customize existing prefabs for fun. Building these from scratch was a first, so they're simple but detailed. One is based on a place where I used to spend summers as a kid, a mix of fond memories and creative changes. For the other I just saw pics and thought the design/layout would translate well, and went with my imagination from there.

Built with Pille's and HAL's tools, complete with sleepers and distant meshes, and not too OP loot-wise (some mods like WotW that heavily change loot may skew this). I'm also careful not to have too many active lights to keep it performance-friendly.

I know they're no complex mega-builds, but I hope you still like them (and that they don't crumble as soon as Zs destroy something). Maybe more to come if I find more inspiration...

Sneak peeks:

Alpha_16_4_2018_04_30_17_12_30.jpg Alpha_16_4_2018_04_30_17_05_11.jpg

I also did another pass updating IceJudge's compo pack prefab I already posted earlier in that thread. Tbh I'm not sure if I went overboard with changing details around, I tend to get carried away a bit. I really like this prefab and just wanted to make it feel fresh/new again.

Alpha_16_4_2018_04_30_17_46_54.jpg Alpha_16_4_2018_04_30_17_46_03.jpg

EDIT for updated links (for pics of all prefabs, see the posts below):

my own prefabs AIO: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uo...Q6wthavj04vggT

updated version of a compo pack prefab by IceJudge: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QP...TfexjcywHeKp7S

One more! This is fun. I never really built anything because I don't know enough about architecture to freebuild like the pros here, and need a base to go off of. Browsing house pics, trying to approximate a design I like and riffing off that is a great solution for people like me who love to decorate and need a canvas to play (and want to avoid butchering someone else's hard work, lol).

I also now understand the dilemma between trying to achieve a certain aesthetic and adding zombie-apocalypse flavor, the struggle is real. I was itching to build something more representative this time (and aesthetics mostly won, I couldn't bring myself to barricade those window walls but broke them - the owners must've died at the very beginning of things. ;) Someone did try to hide out in the garage at some point though)

EDIT: download link now in first post.

Alpha_16_4_2018_05_02_23_51_35.jpg Alpha_16_4_2018_05_02_23_50_43.jpg

I shamefully forgot to mention in my last post that I borrowed some ideas I found particularly clever when exploring the community's prefabs. I remember seeing arch ledges like I used here in Stallionsden's Farmer Joes, and more that I already used previously, like the lamps with candles and the painted computers/microwaves also definitely weren't my idea - I think I saw them in KamR's and TopMinder's houses. I really hope you guys don't mind. If you consider something your signature and want it removed, let me know and I'll do it.

@Magoli: Great, I'd be very happy if something of mine finds its way into the compo pack! :)

looks very nice

tbh - i haven't downloaded and checked ur prefabs yet - but i def will (latestly before i release the next pack ;) )

but when they look like from inside how they look from outside they are an amazing add to the variety

rock on dude ;)

And another one :) Building really has been sucking up all of my time lately. This layout is inspired by another house I used to visit in my childhood, but I couldn't remember the facade design, so I made my own and it turned out quite a bit more luxurious than the original (yeah that cellar is also pure fiction). I gotta say, without Pille's editor I would never be able to build anything, it's invaluable for getting a floor plan together and you can change it around quickly if you miscalculated somewhere (which I do constantly, especially when going by memory like this).

EDIT: download link now in first post.

Alpha_16_4_2018_05_06_22_19_10.jpg Alpha_16_4_2018_05_06_22_17_27.jpg

@Magoli: Well, I hope the interiors will be a pleasant surprise! But by now I do wish we had more paintable furniture elements and textures to play with, and that not-full blocks could overlap somehow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me know about the broken links Jax, and of course you can add them, I'm glad for the interest :) Sorry for not sorting this out sooner, I was really busy lately (and really over A16, but I realize it's still months till A17 stable). Uploaded elsewhere now, hopefully this time the links stay viable (I also took the opportunity for some small tweaks):

my own prefabs AIO: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UocgNN2GnMHDDPG_GXQ6wthavj04vggT

updated version of a compo pack prefab by IceJudge: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPvY_twIGeUteMZXhNTfexjcywHeKp7S

I shamefully forgot to mention in my last post that I borrowed some ideas I found particularly clever when exploring the community's prefabs. I remember seeing arch ledges like I used here in Stallionsden's Farmer Joes, and more that I already used previously, like the lamps with candles and the painted computers/microwaves also definitely weren't my idea - I think I saw them in KamR's and TopMinder's houses. I really hope you guys don't mind. If you consider something your signature and want it removed, let me know and I'll do it.

Honestly, there are a bunch of ideas/concepts where I wouldn't even be able to tell whom I got them from – candles in lamps are a perfect example for that. Been doing that forever, but I know i wasn't the one to come up with it. I think it would be too much of a pain in the A to always try and give credit to every single little idea you used. Also I don't think anyone in this community seriously would want to claim exclusive rights to using some decorative detail idea. We're all here to get better at prefabbing and rather try elevating than out-competing each other – At least that's my impression so far. Copying whole built structures from another person's prefab is ofc a different story, but re-using a small detail or slightly modifying said idea shouldn't be an issue. Ofc my personal opinion only.

Archived