Prefabs NESW settings ?

War3zuk

Not that I wanna be a pain but trying to understand, When you spawn a new Gen world is it the game that spawns building facing the wrong way sometimes ? Like on 1 spawn my prefab will always be facing the road then if I visit another town or city there will be instances where the building faces away from the road.. Just wondered if that was something im doing wrong or if its the game, Thanks

It depends on how you build it; if you're facing south and put in a front door, the prefabs will be backwards. The game defaults to 0, or "facing north", as if you're facing north, you'll see the front of the prefab.

In the prefab's xml there is a line:

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />

...0 is "Default", 2 means that the house would need to be rotated twice in order to see the front door if you're facing north.

I hope this information helps (and more importantly, I hope it's accurate. :))

Yeah I knew about the Direction thing :) 0 North 1 East 2 South 3 West... Did wonder about the other though so thanks :) So do you know why sometimes if the game makes a Road it then decides to spawn building facing the wrong way lol... Its a shame their needs to be a special block (Named what ever) Bit like the Trader block so the game knows no matter what it auto fixes that block to the road.. That way the whole direction thing would be mute & ALL building would face correctly when spawned...

Yeah it has an xml part that you just fill in to the best of your understanding.. Like you said you still need to fill it in but gives you control & a better understanding of the code, If it wasnt for that id have NO idea what I was putting lol...

I assume it's wilderness poi's that are not facing the right way.

I haven't tested it recently but I think they always spawn facing the same way and don't consider the road at all.

Also gup, I thought it was if you face south (in game) then you will see the front door if said door is placed on the north/top of the prefab and it has no rotation applied?

I assume it's wilderness poi's that are not facing the right way.

I haven't tested it recently but I think they always spawn facing the same way and don't consider the road at all.

Also gup, I thought it was if you face south (in game) then you will see the front door if said door is placed on the north/top of the prefab and it has no rotation applied?

Yep it is..... It seems that Biome dictates its facing the wrong way.. & Thats what I thought lol... Cos when facing north its south & sometimes other if in the waste biome, & in the wilderness they face west or east ....

Archived