Laying down many blocks!!!

Cadamier

Hello! I was making a 'fighting base' and had this idea after realizing how many blocks it would take. What I propose is that there be a way for us to lay down a bunch of blocks 'in one fell swoop.' For example: I would note 'this block' to be the starting block of however many blocks I want to lay down. Then I go to 'that block' and set that one as the ending block then click "OK" and all the blocks are placed... It takes a lot of effort and clicking to make 'big' structures and something along these lines would help!

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the game is the building, and limiting the amount what you can do in day is what creates the game. You need to put some effort into it. Plan ahead, estimate time what it takes to build something. Little learning curve there and some fun times playing the game.

There would not be much point if you can build 10 000 block mega fortress in minutes. You have choose between looting, harvesting and building. And same time fight the zombies.

Unfortunately i have to say big no no to this. (maybe in creative mode could use this).

I don't like that idea, half the fun is building up your base, in between going out scavenging and fighting off the wandering zombies that come while building. If you could just build your base in one block that would take half the fun out of building

its a two bladed sword

Empyrion offers this to the player (making rows, or plates)

And Empyrion offers to use Blueprints.

And so good and fun it sounds and maybe it is for the moment.

Finally these blueprints destroy the fun. Many player dont even know how to build ships.

So if then i would vote for rows in 7D2D and only a small amount of Prefabs (Like Defense tower i build along my Loottour)

Archived