Bypassing steam for offline play

Shadowkil338

I have not had internet in my apartment for almost a year now. Therefore i have not had internet. It does not matter if i am logged into steam or not...it will not allow me to play it. It keeps saying the steam client is not running or no connection possible. I have to go to the library downtown...which is not really an option since i work when they are open. I want to be able to play after work. I used to be able to play offline in 14 and 15 without logging into steam. I cant post files as im on my phone. I want the way to bypass steam. I have tried everything out there and ended up even re installing. Please help with a real solution...otherwise it is a waste of my time. (Already wasted 3 months worth of time trying since i updated to 16)

Yeah, Internet is now pretty much a staple like gas, electricity, and water. (Technically you can live without it, but I digress...)

I'll have to see if there is a workaround for this. I am not currently aware of one. This is the case with many titles that require DRM/Steam verification in order to run. It's a method of slowing down piracy.

Does your phone support USB Tethering? If it does, connect it to your computer via USB and turn on Tethering to have internet, depending on your phones Data package.

You might also be able to get somebody's WiFi info if you ask nicely and offer them baked goods. ;) You would then 1> Turn on tethering, 2>Turn on WiFi after the Tether connects. For some reason activating tether turns WiFi off but you can use both if you do it in that order.

I was able to play this game connecting from Minnesota to Ohio, and after finding the right spot/orientation for my phone it went well.

I'm also curious if there's a workaround.

---- updated ----

@skull - This is good to know, thx.

@Sylen - It's a method of slowing down piracy, and it's also promoting it.

Generally speaking, are the days of marketing a stand-alone game disc/code for an OS long over? Does the new game norm include third-party access and an internet connection?

hmmm.gif

I personally don't care for it and think it's not necessary (speaking from an SP perspective).

So yeppers, I'm all ears for this particular workaround.

Archived