help needed please

Bernard

hey guys i am trying to make a working oven that uses electricity as apposed to fuel

at the moment i can get it to appear on game with the e to use prompt

however pressing e does nothing and i just want it to work then ill edit its xui to have no fuel box (comment it out)

am i missing anything in its xml code below? except property required power and removal of fuel

many thanks :)

<block id="1685" name="WorkingOven">

<property name="Class" value="Campfire" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Crafting/workingoven" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="Model" value="Appliances/oven" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="ParticleName" value="campfire" />

<property name="ParticleOffset" value="0.5,0,0.5" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="10" />

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="2"/>

<property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>

<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(3)"/>

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>

<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket" />

</property>

<property class="RepairItems"> <property name="forgedIron" value="8" /> </property>

<drop event="Harvest" name="mechanicalParts" count="2" prob=".1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="4" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob=".35" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="3" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="electronicParts" count="2" prob=".5" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="electronicParts" count="2" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="shortMetalPipe" count="2" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapPlastics" count="2" prob=".8" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="10" prob="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob=".75" stick_chance="1" />

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Basics,Building" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="campfireDesc"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="360" /> <!-- disassemble value 355 -->

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1" />

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="true" />

</block>

<window_group name="workstation_workingoven" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowCraftingList"/>

<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>

<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>

<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />

<window name="windowFuel" />

<window name="windowOutput" />

<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />

</window_group>

I’ll see what I can do

I am fairly new at modding, managed to xml code a rocket turret (still needs a to fire a projectile and extract and edit auto turret to have a rocket launcher on it how ever I do that?), Barrett 50cal that appears in world as parts and has its own ammo (still needs an artwork to replace sniper rifle), plan to give all but rifles a choice of bullets (standard and dumdum)

But back to my issue

Any suggestions as to get this working?

Alternatively I could just forget Electrical power and just use what it already has and have a gas oven and xml in a gas bottle with icon could go as far as a gas bottle (lpg) block like the gas barrel

But with help the electrical one may be possible but if it’s a base code job I’ll certainly need help to do it

On my mobile so can't get the code, but download my mod and have a look at the code.

I have working ovens, but they work like a campfire. I also have an advanced forge that works without fuel so between the two you should be able to sort it out :)

On my mobile so can't get the code, but download my mod and have a look at the code.

I have working ovens, but they work like a campfire. I also have an advanced forge that works without fuel so between the two you should be able to sort it out :)

Cheers :) may be a wait till I can download it as my internet is down and had to use my personal hotspot to get my code up but if you get chance to get your code up that’ll be great then I can just pull it off here

Many thanks :)

Archived