FUN PIMPS: Suggested Improvement to current game

PixelLife

Hey Fun Pimps and forum

Having gone back to play Vanilla for a few weeks now. I would just like to submit some feedback that would improve the playability of the game in its current state.

1. Brass = Seems to be a real struggle in game especially on a MP server. I would really like to see a recipe for Brass to be introduced with the combination of Copper and Tin, which leads me to the next point...

2. Ores = Ores need balancing i feel. Iron is TOO abundant to the point where you have so much it becomes useless. I would like to see the introduction of Copper and Tin the higher elevations, Lead/ Nitrate in the mid elevations, Iron & Coal in the Lower elevations. Keeping them within Biomes also works too. E.G. So Copper could be confined to Levels -10 and above in the Forest biome and Tin in the Plains Biome.

3. Electricity = I really like that you introduced electricity and the items that came with that patch. I would like the ability to "daisy chain" items, to allow multiple power sources into an item instead of 1, and to allow Generators to be linked to each other. Torches/ mining helmets/ Nail guns should have a durability bar to indicater level of power remaining. Rechargeble batteries could be introduced with charging mechanism. (Subnautica has a Charging station to charge batteries for example).

4. Zombie AI = This need to be improved to stop the "circling", but i believe that you guys are already away of this.

5. Weapons = The compound bow aim needs improvement, i find it very difficult to aim with it in comparison to other weapons. The Crosshair need realigning. Additional weapons would be nice to have or the addition to modding them in game, such as Silencer attachments. e.g. (In the walking dead, Carl had a make shift Silencer for his hand gun.)

6. Sound Optimisation = I believe sound has a factor when it come to performance. There have been many occassions where looping sounds has caused lag, such as Solar banks.

7. Cosmetics = Paintable doors would be nice to have. Oil should be introduced to Paint instead of the 4 types of plants. introduction of Carpets to to help heat a room. Snow to stop showing on the inside of a window but still showing in a opeing hole. Stop snow/ Rain falling through Glass block in the ceiling.

Thats it for now i have no other suggetions beyond this since i know you guys/ the Fun Pimps are working hard to improve the game, but these are the thing I would like see introduced in preference to Gyrocoptors/ Bike/ Jeeps.

Love the game guys, keep up the GREAT work.

Thanks

- Pixel Life

Hello and welcome to the foruns. :D

[*]Zombie AI = This need to be improved to stop the "circling", but i believe that you guys are already away of this.

TFP has hired 2 developers just to fix and improve AI.

[*]Weapons = The compound bow aim needs improvement, i find it very difficult to aim with it in comparison to other weapons. The Crosshair need realigning.

Compound bow aim is just right. Hard to aim? maybe, but realistic

Ill just comment on the number 1 and 2 from a game design perspective, cus most of ppl how have ideas usually have tunnel vision.

Assuming number 1 is correct when it comes to brass shortage (and i believe there it is), the number 2 is quite problematic. You are asking devs to add 2 new ore types just so you could get one new resource - brass. That is really bad from a game design view. Why just not add "brass ore" and thats it? "Oh but brass is an alloy so there is no such thing as a brass ore!"

Yes, but what else can u do with copper and tin? If their only purpose is to produce brass then we have multiple problems: random gen needs to be change to account for new ores, nav needs to be redone to account for new ores, furnaces and their ui need to be adjusted for new materials, the abundance of ores needs to be carefully coded so there wont be castles made of brass, etc.

Now you might say: "Well, tin and copper are used in electricity stuff so use them there you know..." That is not good enough. Every resource in the game needs to be carefully thought trough to justify it and that isnt that simple from the game design perspective.

You might say "But there is copper ore in the game already but its not available. You can see it in blocks and stuff". Until game devs figure out how to justify adding it to the game it might stay there forever locked.

When you suggest something try to think of wider implications of your suggestion and not just the "obvious" stuff. If you post your suggestion in great detail its much more likely to be seriously considered not only by players but even by devs. (I am not trying to discourage you, just trying to explain the problems of "simple suggestions")

Ill just comment on the number 1 and 2 from a game design perspective, cus most of ppl how have ideas usually have tunnel vision.

Assuming number 1 is correct when it comes to brass shortage (and i believe there it is), the number 2 is quite problematic. You are asking devs to add 2 new ore types just so you could get one new resource - brass. That is really bad from a game design view. Why just not add "brass ore" and thats it? "Oh but brass is an alloy so there is no such thing as a brass ore!"

Yes, but what else can u do with copper and tin? If their only purpose is to produce brass then we have multiple problems: random gen needs to be change to account for new ores, nav needs to be redone to account for new ores, furnaces and their ui need to be adjusted for new materials, the abundance of ores needs to be carefully coded so there wont be castles made of brass, etc.

Now you might say: "Well, tin and copper are used in electricity stuff so use them there you know..." That is not good enough. Every resource in the game needs to be carefully thought trough to justify it and that isnt that simple from the game design perspective.

You might say "But there is copper ore in the game already but its not available. You can see it in blocks and stuff". Until game devs figure out how to justify adding it to the game it might stay there forever locked.

When you suggest something try to think of wider implications of your suggestion and not just the "obvious" stuff. If you post your suggestion in great detail its much more likely to be seriously considered not only by players but even by devs. (I am not trying to discourage you, just trying to explain the problems of "simple suggestions")

I understand that the suggestion list i made in the OP, i didnt type them out expecting a simple fix and already understand the implication of the suggestions, however that still doesnt make them bad suggestion or unrealistic or the problems need to addressed. The inclusion of copper/ tin could further enhance the game into other areas, copper tools, brass tools, tin cans instead of iron, etc. i'm not expecting overnight fix, but more along the lines of "this area should be looked into, and here are my ideas"

I know that they are not unrealistic. Quite the opposite and that's the problem.

This is not the kind of game where you have to learn metallurgy or harvest even more kinds of resources.

Even steel-making is "magic". It got a little more real with the introduction of the crucible but that's probably the closest we'll want to get. =)

I know that they are not unrealistic. Quite the opposite and that's the problem.

This is not the kind of game where you have to learn metallurgy or harvest even more kinds of resources.

Even steel-making is "magic". It got a little more real with the introduction of the crucible but that's probably the closest we'll want to get. =)

I could see adding charcoal (carbon) to the forge as an input and require that plus iron when making steel, or requiring charcoal to be the fuel, but those are really just cosmetic changes. (And I don't want another sink for charcoal unless we can also make it in a campfire.)

Archived