True Survival Mod Unofficial Server: With bug fixes and game play balancing.

I have been running a server for the wonderful True Survival mod by Spider, since the official server closed and any support was discontinued.

Lots of bugs still in the current build have been fixed, as well as balancing of the overall mod itself.

Some of the changes include;

No more duplicate grain alcohol recipe. you now need corn meal again.

Field knife now better than hunting knife.

carbon arrow perk removed. Was redundant in current build.

Added use of exploding bolts with carbon xbow.

Duct tape recipe included as perk when you can unlock glue. which now unlocks at chemistrycraft 15.

Lowered most perk unlocks so items are accessible BEFORE you are already beyond level 80. Still a grind but less so now.

TPx bat can be used to make nailed bat.

Forged frame cost lowered. Way too high a cost in current build.

Nail gun parts can now be found and gun can be built. (currently bugs out steel quest if you make a power drill and use on steel)

Axe mould now required to make steel axe in blast furnace.

20 of each tree type required to plant to advance farming quest. instead of 10.

Zombie puke and cop acid block damage greatly reduced. You can now build without fear of complete destruction. Damage to player unchanged.

Animal spawns almost halved. Food was never scarce on official server.

Airdrops buffed to be worth going collecting.

Lock picks now require forged iron instead of forged steel.

Steel spike club buffed. Originally(and probably still) not as good as nailed bat. WIP

My own personal amalgamation of different RWGMixers. Less hills, no water other than Tin's new prefabs(thank you Tin), compo pack 29 prefabs also added. WIP

Traders sell everything again. But they can also die and are no longer protected. Expect stuff to be expensive. It is and will remain so. No barter skill is being added back in to the mod.

Prep table can now make meat pies.

Super awesome special food added to loot ;)

I'm sure there are more changes, this is a 5min list off the top of my head.

I am currently in the process of revamping all professions with the intention to change around 75% of the current ones. TBA

I give full credit and thanks to Spider for an amazing mod, and am just offering continued support and hopefully interest in his mod.

Credit and thanks to Tin and Also Magoli for their work on the mixer and of course the prefabs.

If anyone is interested in playing the mod still, this is the server to be on. All feedback welcome.

Port: 26376

IP: 78.129.218.118

Discord channel: https://discord.gg/NdR3ak

All players welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Recent Fixes

Bulletproof glass can now be crafted in furnace.

MG4 unlocks with Sniper schematic(as gun increases sniper skill in mod)

Metal sign forge bug fixed.

Increased turn drop chance by 1 ( for the long fertilizer road quest)

Wellness cap increased back up to 300 (20 wellness increase per level of Health Nut)

The server has just gone live again. I took some time out to edit the mod some more, recent changes are as follows;

Removed perks:-

Purification Tablets. Once you get a cooking pot, this perk is a waste of points.

Free Diver. Map has limited water now. Not Required.

Door Knobs. They are everywhere. You never need this perk.

Added Perks:-

Molotov Cocktail. Don't wanna be a fireman to make one?...Now you don't have to be.

Shock Stick. Same as above but you now don't have to be an electrician to make one.

Gun oil. Very high end perk. Think twice over this or Cop profession.

Solar Power. Now you can craft and use solar banks and power cells in this mod. Or spend a fortune at the trader for them. Again very high end perk.

Balanced:-

Steel spiked club now better than nailed bat.

Lucille probably the best melee weapon in the game now.

Chainsaw given some love. It should ruin zombies right? Now it does.

Added craft times to some items. Adjusted some others.

Tweaked some skills, their unlock levels and skill requirements.

Also tweaked the mixer for better poi variance.

• 3 weeks later...

New map day 1

Changes:

Wellness capped to 225 with health nut level 5

Survivalist difficulty

Healthy diet speed reduced to 110%. You'll want a minibike again now.

Bladder bombs added.

Brewing alcohol perk added.

Short iron pipes added to some blocks.

minibikes can now be packed away back in to a box. The trade off is if you use quality parts, you'll get poor ones back. And you have to pack it in a workstation with a storage chest so resource cost also.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to BLue Fang Solutions(who I can't recommend enough as a server provider), I now have a fully credited subscription on this server for the next five months.

Server is live again(only at day 3 currently) with these recent changes:

Difficulty: Insane. That's right, the hardest setting possible.

Balancing of buffs to go with the difficulty multiplier. You will get wounded and sick a lot.

More sleeper volumes and zombie respawns in the game world. It's harsh. Very. be prepared.

Tripled screamer/scout spawns. Got a screamer at your base because of your heatmap? Now you have three.

Loot set to 75%.

Three starter quests removed. Crafted rifle, crafted revolver and early barricades. Just seemed like a lot of effort for little reward.

Added Rabbit, chicken, bear and snake hordes. (untested. May have issues) WIP

A lot of level requirements for perks have been increased.

Compo pack 30 added. A lot of new poi's to explore/die in.

My own RWG mixer variant. More mountains, some water, Spiders original biomes left untouched.

Reduced recipes to improve menu lag some more.

Reduced grass in the game world to increase performance.

Skill books offer a decent amount of xp to be worth reading. 26 books will give you one skill level of that group.

Craftable tomahawks. With progression levelling.

Craftable weed whacker.

Finally my own custom UI. This will need to be added to github(which I'm in the process of learning) so that I can get the mod on to the mod launcher for people to activate.

Anyone interested in are required to join my Discord here...https://discord.gg/2BgjsRu And I will provide you with the current password.

This mod was already a challenge. I've cranked it up a notch. Not for the feint hearted.

Many thanks to Spider for the original mod. And also to Magoli for his excellent prefab pack which just gets better and better.

• 3 weeks later...

The creator of this mods actually writes "Feel free to use anything in my mod you would like. Code, assets, icons, modded systems or whatever. All I ask is that noone hijacks my mod name "True Survival" I would like to still use that when I eventually complete the Mod".

I.e. he is fine with you updating and fiddling with the mod, however, could you release the updates? Cause I'd love to play this mod when me and my friends get back to the game, we started last year but quit due to it being too easy, and too linear. You had a rough time until you got a bow, then it was easy from there on, and horde nights were a joke. This mod looks promising, but I need the updated version.

The creator of this mods actually writes "Feel free to use anything in my mod you would like. Code, assets, icons, modded systems or whatever. All I ask is that noone hijacks my mod name "True Survival" I would like to still use that when I eventually complete the Mod".

I.e. he is fine with you updating and fiddling with the mod, however, could you release the updates? Cause I'd love to play this mod when me and my friends get back to the game, we started last year but quit due to it being too easy, and too linear. You had a rough time until you got a bow, then it was easy from there on, and horde nights were a joke. This mod looks promising, but I need the updated version.

I actually asked Spider if he would mind me uploading my updated version on to his github, but he never responded to me.

As for the name 'hijacking', when/if I get it on to github for use with the mod launcher, the mod will be called True McBovril. :)

- - - Updated - - -

is it on 16.4?

Unfortunately it's 16.2. I do not possess the ability to update to current game version. What I have done is fix bugs, balanced the mod, added items, and cranked up the difficulty even more.

Rolling back your game version to play the mod is pretty simple....and in 16.3 AND 16.4 nothing of any significance has been fixed or changed.

Twitch Stream Of Mod

Anyone who wants to see this version of the mod in action(with slightly lower difficulty settings), can do so from 5am UK time on Wednesdays and Fridays by following the link below.

I will also be streaming the mod(on the settings listed above) in the not too distant future. Pending a decent headset and webcam....here..

Constant error

I keep getting this error in the command box and can’t figure out how to get rid of it. Tried turning eac off,tried running with it but when it’s on I just get a black screen.

Missingmethodexception: method not found: ‘easyanticheat.server.hydra.easyanticheatserver<clientinfo>.handleclientupdates.

And it just spams over and over in my command prompt so I can’t close it as it just pops instantly back open.

I keep getting this error in the command box and can’t figure out how to get rid of it. Tried turning eac off,tried running with it but when it’s on I just get a black screen.

Missingmethodexception: method not found: ‘easyanticheat.server.hydra.easyanticheatserver<clientinfo>.handleclientupdates.

And it just spams over and over in my command prompt so I can’t close it as it just pops instantly back open.

Correct game version used? 16.2? Server or local game issue? Installed with mod launcher or manually?

• 1 month later...

Archived