Volunteering my services, doing simple changes to existing mods

dreamdancer

Grabbing all the things that make WotW itself would involve pouring over the following xmls:

archetypes, blocks, buffs, entityclasses, entitygroups, gamestages, items, localization, localization-quest,loot, materials, progression, quests, recipes, rwgmixer, and spawning, figuring out what was added/changed. Then going into starvation, figuring out what was directly incompatible, and making adjustments. Then either adding all the changes into Starvation directly, or packaging it into an SDX and doing a build. And of course pulling out all the new POIs(though I think most of them are just the Compo Pack, so that part is already basically done for you) and putting them in. Then finding all the places you ♥♥♥♥ed up along the way and ironing out the bugs.

This is out of the scope of what I'm up for today.

It is definitely -possible-, and the steps to do it are quite straightforward. It is just that it is a lot of steps.

First off let me say this is very nice of you and very cool that you want to get better. IDK if this would be hard for you or not but...I love valmod, but i also like the weapons of true survival. Is there a way for you to add the sword, bat and brass knuckles from the true survival mod (and all the different zombies if it's easy enough) to the Valmod Overhaul? (i think the sword and bat have special names from the walking dead) anyway, just a thought. Thanks Scott

PS, sorry if it's to hard, i'm not sure about what is SDX and XML or difficulty of doing this, thanks for your time.

Hey Scott. Finally finished with the task. So sorry it took so long. Ended up with a whole bunch of unexpected issue with Valmod having broken localization files, and the brass knuckles themselves being broken in TS. Fixed things up a lot, and finally got it done.

Let me know how it works for you and if you'd like any other weapons. Gonna work on the next project now though.

hi dreamdancer is there anyway u can add the TS weaps to dyinglands, GNAMOD and the better balance mod? take as long as u need RL comes first

Ok, this is my next project. Already have a baseline to start with, after pulling a few weapons out for the last project, so it ?should? be somewhat easier. Lol.

Another question: Do you want the secondary attacks or no?

Wow, thank you man. Very cool of you...i've tried to do a few things to modify stuff but just can't pull it off, so very thankful you offered. This will be VERY on going as people love this game and love the mods and will always want to personalise and tweek there mods to their liking. You may want to start a donation link or something like that so people can give ya a few bucks or something. Anyway, thanks again, will try it out. Scott

Weapon link should still be working...?

And I am not sure I follow your question. Are you trying to use the weapons with valmod or just with vanilla?

These files are specific to Valmod, but I still have the SDX, and with slight modification I can add it into any version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived