Cop question

Walterstj

Just what is the radius for the cops explosion or is it random or is it more severe based on how much damage you've done to them? I've had a couple horde night deaths and due to this and I am in the same spot as always... 99% there's no issue, but every once in a while, it gets me... Any ideas or thoughts?

Best be as far away as possible when they blow - been withing 5 or 6 blocks and have either died or been left with just a few health points after the explosion, meaning I had to limp off and fix myself up before something else got me. If I'm building a rig or platform to stand on, I like to be 6 blocks above where the cops will be - keeps me safe most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been safe at around 7 blocks up (you lose maybe 30 health or so depending on type and quality of armour)

But you need to be 6 to 7 away at ground level too or you go dead shaped in my experience.

But for deal with cops? If seen whole out and about I back away and snipe them in the head as fast as possible, if on horde nights a full auto weapon firing rapid 3 to 5 round bursts will drop them before they have a chance to go pop

Just what is the radius for the cops explosion or is it random or is it more severe based on how much damage you've done to them? I've had a couple horde night deaths and due to this and I am in the same spot as always... 99% there's no issue, but every once in a while, it gets me... Any ideas or thoughts?

My set up here on top of Stiff working tools shop. 50 cement pillar keeps them at bay.

http://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/52b9e8ef-7dca-41a3-a82f-808c011e36dc

I find the Magnum with the entity dmg in the 60% range does it in 3 shots... I use the vertical pillar wall at my horde night building and the radius and dmg varies from night to night... I have 2 horde night places, one @ Diersville, and one @ Perishton... One is 8 blocks, the other is 6 and I've been killed at both with my back up against the wall at the center building... I never have an issue with the vomit, just the explosion... Are the spikes causing it, or is it just player dmg only that makes em go splat?

You guys must be having fun with close combat tactics dealing with cops that close. I'm always on a roof top during a blood moon. That reminds me. I should get the sledge hammer out of the locker in my tunnel. I was a sweeper team when I was chopping trees a while back. Killed 12 in a roaming horde. Start the swinging action just before they're near. Works like a charm. Cause other wise they try the cheap shot as in their classic left hook upper cut.

Archived