Terrain is all messed up; missing chunks, land spikes, etc

Patizor

To use the launcher tool:

In steam <right click> 7daystodie in your library list and you'll see an option to "Show Launcher".

-or-

go to where the game is on your computer:

most common path -> c:\programfilesx86\Steam\steamapps\common\7DaysToDie then double click the 7dlauncher

look for the tools tab.

To fill out a bug report:

Go to the PCbug report section in the forums. Look towards the top and you'll see a sticky not which will give you all the instructions and where to find everything.

The sticky you want is the "Read before creating new thread".. (Brought to you by Alloc)

Hope that helps you out..

Thanks Tin, Roland and all others for assisting. There is one thing to remember... Patizor has an issue just like other people who have had this... nobody has tacked it down to the exact cause YET... could just be RNG (that cant be ignored). but...

while the player doesnt wish to lose his/her building efforts (there will be a choice to make). saving any region files because of wanting something you did, will 95% bring forth the problem that you were trying to fix (data corruption doesnt always stop on 1 file or in this case 1 region).

essentially, what everyone is pointing around to is... the fix is a brand new map and seed name in hopes of not having that problem again. until the devs figure out where the issue is, unfortunately, thats the best advice.

all the questions everyone has been asking and all the suggestions are done to try to pin point the issue cause and to find a pain free solution if possible.

RWG is WIP and will stay that way until Robert feels it's where he wants it and the more reliable information provided to him makes his job easier and benefits us all.

Thank you for your help, Tin. Right now I think I'll just uninstall this game. I go to games for escape from my troubles, not to add to them. Who needs this?

It's a shame it took three days for someone to finally help. But they've already got my money, don't they?

Thank you for your help, Tin. Right now I think I'll just uninstall this game. I go to games for escape from my troubles, not to add to them. Who needs this?

It's a shame it took three days for someone to finally help. But they've already got my money, don't they?

oh. brother.

They got your money and you got early access to the development process of an unfinished game. If you bought this only to get a game to escape troubles instead of to get access to experience the ups and downs of development then you did not understand what you were paying for. The print wasn't even fine in this case so a good life lesson is to read the large banners that explain what it is you are purchasing.

There's another fix for you and within the hour of you expressing the problem.

Archived