Mini bike disappeared

jackleroy

I'm on version 1.18 and I thought that this glitch had been taken care of. I left my mini bike on grass the other day with a full basket and ran into my base to shut down. I just turned the game back on and my mini bike is gone. I can still see the icon and when I walk over where it was, my character kind of jumps like he's walking over a rock or something. I can't interact with the area and when I stand close to it, I can hear a banging off in the distance that I've never heard before.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any hope of getting it back?

Very weird. Glad you fixed your own problem though. I've read a few other people had a similar problem.

If you can, maybe make a bug report.

Could have been a certain tree or the grass regrowing or who knows what that triggered it.

I can definitely make a bug report, I'm just surprised that it happened. Have there really been other people reporting it? I honestly thought that the whole bike falling through the world thing was fixed a long time ago.

It was fixed at one time, like specifically in one of the patches.

I had a minibike just float in mid air like 80 blocks or so high. This was like a few months after console release though, haven't run into anything since.

However yes I do remember a few other posters saying their bike has somehow buried itself.

I've had the opposite problem... Left a bike in a tunnel at bedrock and I've logged in to find it in the same place, just above ground... I break my bikes down now and store them now before I log or if I'm done with them for a bit... It's a pain I know, but I don't deal with lost bikes either

I've had the opposite problem... Left a bike in a tunnel at bedrock and I've logged in to find it in the same place, just above ground... I break my bikes down now and store them now before I log or if I'm done with them for a bit... It's a pain I know, but I don't deal with lost bikes either

i was thinking about building an extra bike in a mining tunnel I have. Its at -35 depth and I play on a PS. Is the bug on all consoles and would it put it above ground for me since im not at bed rock?

I believe this is part of the game's mechanics - if it thinks your bike has clipped into the ground, it moves it up to the next available free space. You may need to widen the area where you store your bike.

Archived