Question about Forge and Inventory exp.

Gravoc

Hello guys,

I know that in order to gain exp from the Forge, Workbench, Campfire and Chemistry Station, you need to have them open while crafting.

My question is can I still gain experience from my normal player crafting menu, while using any of the secondary work stations?

Example being:

Lets say I start crafting something like 2000 wooden spike traps in my normal player inventory. Can i then open up the forge and start crafting say 1000 forged steel and gain experience from both the wooden spike traps and the forged steel at the same time? In this scenario, the Forge will be open 100% of the time.

Great Question!

I just bought the game for myself and 4 friends last week. Very interested in the answer to this. I don't think we knew about needing to have the "stations" open while crafting to gain XP.

Yup, they did this to ensure people don't abuse ways to powerlevel by having 6 forges producing stuff at once.

I just found out about it myself recently, but I can't seem to find an answer to the one I made the post about. Hopefully someone can shed some insight, or else I'll just have to figure out a way to test it myself.

Yes, you would get the exp for both in this situation.

There were a couple of glitches that allowed you to stack the exp further, but I believe all of them have been removed.

- - - Updated - - -

On the PC, the way the exp is applied is a bit different. I don't recall where the console is at in regards to matching the PC version for this. Will have to test sometime.

Hello guys,

I know that in order to gain exp from the Forge, Workbench, Campfire and Chemistry Station, you need to have them open while crafting.

My question is can I still gain experience from my normal player crafting menu, while using any of the secondary work stations?

Example being:

Lets say I start crafting something like 2000 wooden spike traps in my normal player inventory. Can i then open up the forge and start crafting say 1000 forged steel and gain experience from both the wooden spike traps and the forged steel at the same time? In this scenario, the Forge will be open 100% of the time.

Yes, I frequently do this - often crafting building supplies or basic medical supplies, while I watch the campfire/forge/chem station/workbench to gain the XP from both.

The XP is only given as each item is produced so if something takes a few minutes, you can go and do something else then pop back - I know some players do this to get as much XP as possible but I find it a pain to keep track so tend to have quick things in my inventory and longer jobs (say making gunpowder) in the chem station, then dip in and out as I can.

A way to still get xp from the stations is depending on how much you're crafting. If multiple items, you need the window open. If one item, put wood frames in the output boxes so you can collect the xp from it if you have to step away.

You can do that but it was costing double the resources if you do - it was reported a while ago but I can't remember if it was a bug or working as intended.

Not sure what you're referring to. The purpose of putting wood frames in the output boxes is so if you craft an items that takes some time to make, you can leave it crafting and go do something, then come back later to collect it and xp. Never seen/heard any bugs about this.

It was reported by several people a bit back - might have been patched now. If you're going to use this method, I would just make a few to start with and see if it works normally, or consumes extra materials, just to be on the safe side. If it has been patched, then it's a great way to ensure you get the XP.

It was reported by several people a bit back - might have been patched now. If you're going to use this method, I would just make a few to start with and see if it works normally, or consumes extra materials, just to be on the safe side. If it has been patched, then it's a great way to ensure you get the XP.

I was on the thread that reported it. Basically instead of getting the items and the xp, you got half of what you were trying to craft. I haven’t tried it again since the updates but I also haven’t seen anything in the release notes that it was fixed. Basically if I want the xp i make sure I’m in the menu but I supposse it’s easy enough to test on something small.

I was on the thread that reported it. Basically instead of getting the items and the xp, you got half of what you were trying to craft. I haven’t tried it again since the updates but I also haven’t seen anything in the release notes that it was fixed. Basically if I want the xp i make sure I’m in the menu but I supposse it’s easy enough to test on something small.

Thanks for the clarification - I knew I'd read something about this.

I would think it was fixed since we're on what A15 on console and every youtube video of 7days on pc you see them using that method. How would you only get half of what you were crafting? So I would've received only half a steel pickaxe?

I would think it was fixed since we're on what A15 on console and every youtube video of 7days on pc you see them using that method. How would you only get half of what you were crafting? So I would've received only half a steel pickaxe?

I dont ever recall trying it with one item. This was crafting multiple items like gunpowder or bullets, etc.,. This was the thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72674-PS4-Workbench-Items-can-vanish-when-output-is-full&highlight=darkphnix

Archived