Valmod + SMX (+better Forge) succesful merged ! :-D (includes bigger backpack 72) !

MoD256

It costs me much time, but finally I was able to merge succesfully my favorite mods and I'm willing to share my success.

First my biggest thx to Valmar and Sirillion for your really great work. God bless you both :smile-new:

This modification merges the following 3 parts of mods:

Valmod (Tested and developed only with Expansion, but eventually should also work on Overhaul I guess)

and

SMX (changeable UI -> Valmod, Sirmod, SMX, SMX2; better(longer) queues, bigger backpack [72]+ minibike [112], eliminated sway/bob)

and

better Forges (3 Input slots)

Preparation/Requirement:

Valmod Expansion is already succesfully installed.

Operation:

1. Backup your (and your Servers) following folders: 7DaysToDieServer_Data; 7DaysToDie_Data; Data; Mods

2. Download one of the compressed archives SMXmergeValmod.zip/.7z/.exe

SMXmergeValmod.7z

SMXmergeValmod.zip

SMXmergeValmod.exe

3. Extract/Selfextract the SMXmergeValmod archive to your 7 days to die Game Folder and overwrite all files

4. Singleplayer: By default you can play with Sirmod UI/Design, if you want to change the UI you must change/rename the xui.xml in 7 days to die/Data/Config to xui.bak and then you must rename one of these:

xui - valmod+.xml -> xui.xml for Valmod UI/Design

xui - sirmod+.xml -> xui.xml for Sirmod UI/Design

xui - smx+.xml -> xui.xml for SMX UI/Design

xui - smx2+.xml -> xui.xml for SMX2 UI/Design

5. Multiplayer: If you want to use the mod on an server, you also must Extract/Copy the Content from SMXmergeValmod.zip to your Servers Game Folder and to every Users Gamefolder and don't forget to reboot the server afterwards, otherwise the bigger backpack will not work correctly.

6. Multiplayer: To change the UI on server (for all users) you must change the xui.xml on server to the preffered one. (also look 4.)

Have Fun

Your question should be already answered:

I'm not sure if you must have Valmod installed or not

Preparation/Requirement:

But I have edited the Mainthread for better seeing this one really important step :-)

Thx

Could you make one that doesn't require Valmod to work without errors?

For Vanila you can just dl the sdx 7.1 and add any mods you want, no need to post them here. Just have a clean copy and you can add what ever you want thats current with 16.3, if you have a mod installed then its nice for sdx post here, As I spent a day trying to get some sdx mods with val.

Loot.xml

It costs me much time, but finally I was able to merge succesfully my favorite mods and I'm willing to share my success.

First my biggest thx to Valmar and Sirillion for your really great work. God bless you both :smile-new:

This modification merges the following 3 parts of mods:

Valmod (Tested and developed only with Expansion, but eventually should also work on Overhaul I guess)

and

Can you tell me what you changed in the loot.xml, Im merging this with drkstardragons NPC , Bandit mod

Can you tell me what you changed in the loot.xml, Im merging this with drkstardragons NPC , Bandit mod

And you are using also Valmod?

So far I can see the only difference or added lines in your bandit loot.xml are these:

<!-- lootcontainer 100 DeadSurvirorLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="100" count="1,2" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="clubWood" />

<item group="medicine" count="1" prob=".5"/>

<item group="beverages" count="1" prob=".5"/>

<item group="weaponsPistol+ammo" count="1" prob=".3"/>

</lootcontainer>

<!-- lootcontainer 101 DeadBanditLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="101" count="1,2" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="clubSpiked" />

<item name="fireaxeSteel" prob="0.15"/>

<item name="sledgehammer" prob="0.15"/>

<item name="chainsaw" prob="0.15"/>

<item group="flamethrower+ammo" count="1" prob=".2"/>

</lootcontainer>

<!-- lootcontainer 102 DeadNewbieLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="102" count="1" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="torch" prob="5" />

<item name="bottledWater" />

<item name="canChili" />

<item name="firstAidBandage" prob=".2" />

</lootcontainer>

The ids are already used by Valmod, so I would recommend to use other ids for the lines:

<!-- lootcontainer 100 DeadSurvirorLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="134" count="1,2" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="clubWood" />

<item group="medicine" count="1" prob=".5"/>

<item group="beverages" count="1" prob=".5"/>

</lootcontainer>

<!-- lootcontainer 101 DeadBanditLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="135" count="1,2" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="clubSpiked" />

<item name="fireaxeSteel" prob="0.15"/>

<item name="sledgehammer" prob="0.15"/>

<item name="chainsaw" prob="0.15"/>

<item group="flamethrower+ammo" count="1" prob=".2"/>

</lootcontainer>

<!-- lootcontainer 102 DeadNewbieLoot -->

<lootcontainer id="136" count="1" size="5,3" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="torch" prob="5" />

<item name="bottledWater" />

<item name="canChili" />

<item name="firstAidBandage" prob=".2" />

</lootcontainer>

and then insert in the merged loot.xml

Here a ready to use loot.xml for you:

loot.zip

If you want to use the Bandit & NPC Mod without Valmod, you still have to searching here:

Nexusmods->SMX

And compare the loot.xml from there (SGBBA16.3B12R5-22-A16-3B12R5) with yours.... and merge the differences, by yourself.

Soooo... My game now doesn't even start up, it's just a blank screen with the 7DTD cursor.

Using Alpha 16.3? and followed all steps correctly? and doesn't try to use a further/other modded game version ?

Preparation/Requirement:

Operation:

1. Backup your (and your Servers) following folders: 7DaysToDieServer_Data; 7DaysToDie_Data; Data; Mods

2. Download one of the compressed archives SMXmergeValmod.zip/.7z/.exe

SMXmergeValmod.7z

SMXmergeValmod.zip

SMXmergeValmod.exe

3. Extract/Selfextract the SMXmergeValmod archive to your 7 days to die Game Folder and overwrite all files

4. Singleplayer: By default you can play with Sirmod UI/Design, if you want to change the UI you must change/rename the xui.xml in 7 days to die/Data/Config to xui.bak and then you must rename one of these:

xui - valmod+.xml -> xui.xml for Valmod UI/Design

xui - sirmod+.xml -> xui.xml for Sirmod UI/Design

xui - smx+.xml -> xui.xml for SMX UI/Design

xui - smx2+.xml -> xui.xml for SMX2 UI/Design

5. Multiplayer: If you want to use the mod on an server, you also must Extract/Copy the Content from SMXmergeValmod.zip to your Servers Game Folder and to every Users Gamefolder and don't forget to reboot the server afterwards, otherwise the bigger backpack will not work correctly.

6. Multiplayer: To change the UI on server (for all users) you must change the xui.xml on server to the preffered one. (also look 4.)

And if all fails restore your backups or try again from vanilla + Valmod Expansion Installation

Yep, did all that.

To go for bughunting by yourself compare your crc64 information:

811142615_crc64-1.jpg.5b99f09e8a8c6a39e1891682fe54059e.jpg

for the complete Mods Folder (\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods)

and

1105109725_crc64-2.jpg.1ef05fd67660817d551b144113d3c2a0.jpg

for

xui.xml

+

xui - valmod+.xml

+

xui - smx2+.xml

+

xui - smx+.xml

+

xui - sirmod+.xml

+

loot.xml

+

XUi (folder)

(\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config)

You should get the same results, otherwise something is wrong extracteted, not overwritten.... or in a different way changed.

Thank you. I am now currently only useing the UI, Ive added drkstardragons NPC,Bandits with sdx windmill and grill with the larger forge from this ui. Have it all working with vals mod no errors on clean wipe.

Will be adding gunship humvee and a few others later

• 7 months later...

I am wondering if you have experimented with getting SMX with Big Bags working with ValMod Overhaul under 16.4, since you had worked with the ValMod Expansion before. I tried your above listed solution but 7D2D hangs when loading a new game, so I am figuring there's enough difference between 16.3 and 16.4 or between Expansion and Overhaul to keep things from clicking. If you have got them working, I would love to know how you did it.

Edit: I just tried 16.4 with Expansion and it worked fine, so the problem lies in a difference between Expansion and Overhaul.

Archived