XP for trap kills :)

Gilthanaz

Hello everyone!

I recently worked a lot on blade-trap defense layouts and noticed I have a serious problem once I got a good defense up and running: I barely get XP anymore because I'm busy repairing blocks and the traps themselves, which basically means I don't get too much time to kill some Z's. "Well", you'd probably ask, "Why don't you get out there for some kills then?"

That is what I do, but I would prefer a system that also rewards players that like to play hedgehog-style. For SP, that's probably not hard to implement - just give some XP for every Zombie a trap kills to the Player (Of course a lot less XP than for manual kills). In Multiplayer, I can think of a few scenarios, e.g. The builder of the traps gets XP on a Z kill, or all players close to the trap killing a Z get a small amount of XP (as it is likely they are currently there to repair and defend the barricades). Given how fragile Traps are and how much effort it is to build them, a bit of XP return for those who use them sounds fair :)

- G

Hello everyone!

I recently worked a lot on blade-trap defense layouts and noticed I have a serious problem once I got a good defense up and running: I barely get XP anymore because I'm busy repairing blocks and the traps themselves, which basically means I don't get too much time to kill some Z's. "Well", you'd probably ask, "Why don't you get out there for some kills then?"

That is what I do, but I would prefer a system that also rewards players that like to play hedgehog-style. For SP, that's probably not hard to implement - just give some XP for every Zombie a trap kills to the Player (Of course a lot less XP than for manual kills). In Multiplayer, I can think of a few scenarios, e.g. The builder of the traps gets XP on a Z kill, or all players close to the trap killing a Z get a small amount of XP (as it is likely they are currently there to repair and defend the barricades). Given how fragile Traps are and how much effort it is to build them, a bit of XP return for those who use them sounds fair :)

- G

The main issue with that is the game then has to track who placed every trap. Then there are scenarios that would beg the question of who would get the xp if.......

You repaired a trap but didn't place it

You loaded trap but didn't place it

You upgraded trap but didn't place it

You weren't on when the trap killed an enemy

etc.

It's already really easy to level and making traps give xp would just trivialize it even more.

The main issue with that is the game then has to track who placed every trap. Then there are scenarios that would beg the question of who would get the xp if.......

You repaired a trap but didn't place it

You loaded trap but didn't place it

You upgraded trap but didn't place it

You weren't on when the trap killed an enemy

etc.

It's already really easy to level and making traps give xp would just trivialize it even more.

Actually, the game tracks who placed every trap (and every block). TFP could implement this function if they wish but thanks god they don't want to give XP for trap kills. It really does not make any sense. You can easily sit down on your house and wait for the XP... in my current game, I have 1-2 hordes on each day, the speaker in my perimeter alarm does not stop buzzing... XP on traps is unfair :D

You should just get XP for repairing your traps.

There is lot more inconsistenzy in xp rewards. Hitting stone like a retarded gives you xp. But tilling soil, planting or harvesting, which is helpfull keeping your food supply up, doesn't give you anything.

This is where we need XP. Not traps.

• 1 year later...

IMO Many people who enjoy constructing complex systems of traps to deal with zombies put a lot (if not more) time, thought, and effort into it than simply getting a bunch of buddies together to smash heads from inside a turtle base. They deserve to be rewarded for that time and effort every bit as much as people who like taking z's head on. This is especially important in SP. They could easily make it an option like they have done with xp gain, blood moon freq, and everything else just about. It irritates me when people act like their way to play is the only valid and respectable option and insult others for doing things differently.

Archived