How to lower XP gained from mining?

-Holo-

I found it out moments later in Items.xml, the

<property name="ActionExp" value="4"/> under pickaxeIron, gonna change this to 2 and see how it plays!

Had been staring me stupid in progressions.xml thinking everything related to leveling was in there x.x

------------------------------------

As the title say: does anyone know how to change the amount of xp gained from mining?

It's beyond OP at this point so our group of players feels like it should be atleast half the amount it is, but I'm unable to deduce where to change it :/ Any tips?

-Holo-

This is how a lot of the xp works in A16 vanilla

materials.xml

* Experience (1.0f) :
Making blocks fertile provides fertile block's material player exp.
Repairing a block now gives xp based on materials used multiplied by their count.
Upgrading a block now gives xp based on materials used multiplied by their count.
Harvesting a block now gives xp based on item materials gained.
Planting gives block material exp
DO NOT use values <1. Actual XP awarded WILL be rounded down to int so it would zero on a harvested count of 1.

You are right that code you posted does give xp toward your Mining Tools Skill but the xp in materials also goes toward your player level.

This is how a lot of the xp works in A16 vanilla

materials.xml

* Experience (1.0f) :
Making blocks fertile provides fertile block's material player exp.
Repairing a block now gives xp based on materials used multiplied by their count.
Upgrading a block now gives xp based on materials used multiplied by their count.
Harvesting a block now gives xp based on item materials gained.
Planting gives block material exp
DO NOT use values <1. Actual XP awarded WILL be rounded down to int so it would zero on a harvested count of 1.

You are right that code you posted does give xp toward your Mining Tools Skill but the xp in materials also goes toward your player level.

Oh! thanks! then iIll go and tweak that around. Didn't even cross my mind they'd calculate players levels and skill xp separately!

Archived