Port Forwarding.

dougietofresh

I cant get it to work. Its plain and simple ive been trying for weeks. The last person to help me said it had something to do with my firewall and i have no idea how he fixed it. Dust was the one to help me but ive contacted him a few times with no reply. can someone help me i have teamviewer and discord.

I cannot get on with teamviewer or anything because I am working. If you turn your firewall off does your port forward? If so then reenable your firewall and go through the port settings, you have to unblock the port you are forwarding through.

Which firewall are you using?

Im on windows 10 i have no other firewall on my pc i can bring up the old thread to kinda give you an idea basically i can forward the ports on my router but they do not forward. I had it working about 3 days ago to the point where me and a friend can play on the server i made but the server was not public even tho i set it to true. So we would both connect with the ip and port thru game. but i had to reinstall windows last night and now it will not work at all

- - - Updated - - -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54534-Port-Forwarding That is the old thread.

Hello! I too have had major issues in getting a server to work... And I too have TWC... Last I remember I contacted TWC and asked them to do something, which they said was 'okay' but to this very day I couldn't get it to work. I presume that you have a PC with a Server installed from what little I've read. It seems like it is very hard to get a 'dedicated PC' to operate as a server for this game. I even went so far as to put that PC into the DMZ but that didn't help at all. I have a feeling it is because that PC was running Windows XP and the network is 'based' on Windows 10, IE: I setup everything on the network with Windows 10 and then added that PC... I know there were issues with XP and Windows 7 and I presume they carried over to windows 10. Maybe that's why I couldn't get it to work. I have a modem with only one port that's connected to my router and that's where everyone hooks up to.

Maybe adding a bunch of information as to what you have in your setup would help? IE: What kind of box you have, all pertinent software on it, etc. I see very little info about that.

I wonder if it is a TWC thing that's stopping 'us' from hosting a server...

Per the Dedi setup instructions:

Firewall Ports

You will need to open the following ports on your PC's firewall in order for people to be able to see and connect to your server.

TCP

8080-8081 (ONLY if you plan to administer your server remotely.)

8082 (If you are using Alloc's mods, this is for the web map.)

UDP

26900-26902

Looks like you have not opened all the required ports yet. More info here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server

Firewall Ports

You will need to open the following ports on your PC's firewall in order for people to be able to see and connect to your server.

TCP

UDP

26900-26902

Looks like you have not opened all the required ports yet. More info here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server

okay so now i have those in windows firewall

now what do i put in my router. ill provie a screenshot

Firewall Ports

TCP

UDP

26900-26902

I totally missed the 8080-8081 and 8082.

Not required to do that in the windows firewall. Only thing you need to do in the windows firewall is when a popup occurs the first time you launch the dedi server, say ok to allowing access on the private network. Just click ok, don't change anything.

The port forwarding changes must be done in your physical router via port forwarding.

Not required to do that in the windows firewall. Only thing you need to do in the windows firewall is when a popup occurs the first time you launch the dedi server, say ok to allowing access on the private network. Just click ok, don't change anything.

The port forwarding changes must be done in your physical router via port forwarding.

https://gyazo.com/ff8d863f8af923bc0e09dfdabbc99fe1

So then like this?

- - - Updated - - -

and when it gives the pop up do i check both boxs?

On the windows firewall, don't check anything, the internal network box should already be checked. Just click ok

On the firewall, you should only be port forwarding on the external ports, not the internal. Leave the local entries blank.

On the windows firewall, don't check anything, the internal network box should already be checked. Just click ok

On the firewall, you should only be port forwarding on the external ports, not the internal. Leave the local entries blank.

On my router i cant just fill in the external if thats what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

On my router i cant just fill in the external if thats what you mean.

if you are available to do team viewer i can let you show me all the proper ways to do this

oh, just checking the obvious...is your dedicated server PC's ip address 192.168.0.100? That's where you forwarding to per your screenshots. If that's not the right IP address, that's your problem.

oh, just checking the obvious...is your dedicated server PC's ip address 192.168.0.100? That's where you forwarding to per your screenshots. If that's not the right IP address, that's your problem.

my ipv4 is 192.168.0.100 is that not what i want to forward too?

- - - Updated - - -

Or do i want to use my public ip in my router to forward these

Archived