Port Forwarding.

dougietofresh

my ipv4 is 192.168.0.100 is that not what i want to forward too?

- - - Updated - - -

Or do i want to use my public ip in my router to forward these

well i got the server to work how it did before but the thing is all the ports say there closed when i look them up and stuff like that

- - - Updated - - -

well i got the server to work how it did before but the thing is all the ports say there closed when i look them up and stuff like that

and now it says its open -_- im so lost

I wouldn't open ranged ports, just the ones needed and defined in your server config.

You have an external IP, and internal IP of the host machine running the server. I use a DDNS (Dynamic DNS service) to perform the external IP management, so my friends can use that URL to always have the current external IP of my host.

Unless you'll be doing remote console management via TELNET, I'd remove the 8080-8081 route. Also this port (8080) can be blocked by some ISP's as it's a common web server port. But you can make that any port you want, just make sure it's not a reserved port for other services.

If you cannot open both protocols for a single port forward, make the UDP one the same config as the TCP one.

For your config, you have to make sure the machine hosting the server is on IP 192.168.0.100 . Then you have your friends hit your external IP address using the port 26900 and they should be able to connect to your hosting machine.

Did you get it?

Sorry I havent replied Ive been busy. I'll be around for a while today, If you're on I'll try to catch you.

for the most part i can start the server and friends can join only by me giving them the ip and port to connect to

but im having a fight with windows 10 at the moment ill keep in touch i had to take a nap earlier.

why you opening up admin to outside world though?

i got everything working again and this server is only for 2 people but id like to keep the same game running when say im not at home the other person that plays with me can join it freely. But thanks to everyone for there help.

The only ports you need to forward are the following:

UDP: 26900-26902

TCP: 26900

UDP: 27000-27099 <- this one lists your server with the master server list.

TCP: 8082 <- webmap from alloc's

Unless Alloc changed something, the webmap is the control panel port +2, if he defaults from the base ports. I tend to do that in case any dbag wants to try and hack the remote access to the game. I also do not have 27000-27099 forwarded and both my instances are listed in the server list.

I also do not have 27000-27099 forwarded and both my instances are listed in the server list.

Steam uses those ports for various things, but I have never port forwarded those on my router either.

Unless Alloc changed something, the webmap is the control panel port +2, if he defaults from the base ports. I tend to do that in case any dbag wants to try and hack the remote access to the game. I also do not have 27000-27099 forwarded and both my instances are listed in the server list.

I have 27000-27099 open to both servers, and none of them show up. I don't use forwarding as it needs to go to multiple IP addresses.

I am pretty sure 26902 is the port required for the instances to show for the server list anyway.

I have 27000-27099 open to both servers, and none of them show up. I don't use forwarding as it needs to go to multiple IP addresses.

I am pretty sure 26902 is the port required for the instances to show for the server list anyway.

I incresed my udp range and once I did that my 2nd server (pve) showed in the list, although modded. I'll have to change the time from 50 to 60 minutes, though I did mod the recipes.xml so it may still be modded.

• 1 year later...
Im on windows 10 i have no other firewall on my pc i can bring up the old thread to kinda give you an idea basically i can forward the ports on my router but they do not forward. I had it working about 3 days ago to the point where me and a friend can play on the server i made but the server was not public even tho i set it to true. So we would both connect with the ip and port thru game. but i had to reinstall windows last night and now it will not work at all

- - - Updated - - -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54534-Port-Forwarding That is the old thread.

A windows firewall is kept on unless you disable it under services (even if your PC says its 'off')

Search your PC in the windows bar for 'services'

Look for the windows firewall service.

Left click, top left of screen there is a red square. Hover over it and it will say "stop" so you can stop the firewall service.

You will then want to right click windows firewall service and click "disable"

Finally, if you are still having problems, the problem lies in your modem itself.

All routers have built-in firewalls. You will need to port forward THAT, not windows.

To get into your modem, its likely 192.168.0.1 in your web browser.

-Good luck!

Archived