[MOD] Change all Player Level Requirements to Level 1

Qyzer

Moved to here from now on:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95007-Qyzer-s-Xpath-Mods

This is just a simple edit of the progression.xml that changes all player level requirements to 1 for those, like me, who don't like level gating. I personally modify some of the point costs after this, but that's up to you.

It's a zip file. Rename or make a copy of your progression.xml file in ...\7 Days To Die\Data\Config then unzip this and copy it in, overwriting the original if asked.

A16 Download

A16 Download

• 1 year later...

Here is the same thing as an xpath-version. I'm a bit worried that it does not work or something, cuz it's literally just 2 lines.. In my proper game, so far it works of course, but I've only tested it fairly briefly.

How to install:

Go to the game's folder that usually is at:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die

If it does not yet exist, create a folder "Mods". Copy the folder from the archive into the "Mods"-folder.

Kubikus Perks Unbound.zip

Here is the same thing as an xpath-version. I'm a bit worried that it does not work or something, cuz it's literally just 2 lines.. In my proper game, so far it works of course, but I've only tested it fairly briefly.

How to install:

If it does not yet exist, create a folder "Mods". Copy the folder from the archive into the "Mods"-folder.

Thanks! I plan to move towards the xpath version for modding, just haven't had the time to sit down and try it yet.

Thanks! This will be great. Got to spend the points to get the perks anyway, but makes it my choice what I level and what I leave for later or never. Much more enjoyable to play my way rather than some arbitrary unskilled level lock requirements. I see level locks as a compensation for design failure that could be done in much more inventive manners.

It doesn't seem to work for me. It says there are no level requirements in the skills menu, but will tell me I'm too low of a level to put points into that skill
Dunno how Qyzer's mod works, the xpath I posted only removes the player level requirements. You still need to have the attribute at a certain level, for example: To buy Healing Factor level 3, you need the attribute Fortitude at level 5.

How to install:

Been using this one since you released it and it has been working great so far.

It doesn't seem to work for me. It says there are no level requirements in the skills menu, but will tell me I'm too low of a level to put points into that skill

If you want all level requirements gone, player level as well as stats level requirement for a skill, do a search and replace in progression.xml and change operation="GTE" to operation="LTE"

Is it saying your player level is too low or your attribute level is too low? This is just a Player Level change.

Dunno how Qyzer's mod works, the xpath I posted only removes the player level requirements. You still need to have the attribute at a certain level, for example: To buy Healing Factor level 3, you need the attribute Fortitude at level 5.

You nailed it, that is all I did as well and beat me to the punch on the xpath. Thanks again.

Been using this one since you released it and it has been working great so far.

Yeah I now use the xpath version Kubikus made as well, but the wife and I wanted level requirements gone fast and a quick search replace was faster for us (and figured I'd share).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived