AbiliMOD

TheDay755Hero

AbiliMOD is in progress MOD so, please post your feedback down in the replies section to help me continue to develope the MOD!

AbiliMOD aims to make building defenses easy and relaxing while also making it exciting and to make Nomadic play style fast-paced and rewarding by adding a new in-game currency Known as XP (read more to get more in depth about the mod)

What Is This Mod About ?

the mod adds new items known as abilities which make combat fun, easy and exciting...abilities include:-

1- Peltast: Unlocked at level 20 Spear Master Skill which allows the player to throw spears!

2 - Hoplite: Unlocked at level 45 Spear Master Skill which allows the player to craft a shield and Pike!

3 - Axe Man: Unlocked after buying the Close-Quater-Fighter Perk which allows the player to make long ax!

4 - 007: Unlocked at level 78 Heavy pistols Skill which allows the player to assemble a Walther PPK!

5 - Real Miner: Unlocked at max level Mole Skill which allows the player to make a jackhammer and use it

6 - Magician: Unlocked at level 7 Fantasy Reader Perk which allows the player to make terrible magic spells and use it!

also tons (yeah literally tons!) of new item including :

magic bow, magic crossbow, 25 spell books, long barreled blunderbuss (or Thunder Stick), Auto BlunderBuss, 60 types of new ammo every type can have different buffs/debuff ability like heal, damage, set on fire, bleed, infect, protect, staminize, rush and more, 12 tiers of tools including, wood-->stone-->scrap-->iron-->steel-->zinc-->tungsten-->obsidian and more!

if the mod got more attention I might continue to develop it so, tell me your feedback in the replies below!

NOTE : THIS MOD IS PLANNED TO BE RELEASED IN ALPHA 17-21 MAY NOT BE SOONER

The idea of a purely nomadic mod i think is quite interesting and logical. But then it is necessary to consider the reasons why you can not long sit on one place.

In my opinion - i think it's worth to do the mod only when You want to play it, without regard for others. First of all, do it for yourself, if you need it.

Otherwise it will be useless thing.

The idea of a purely nomadic mod I think is quite interesting and logical. But then it is necessary to consider the reasons why you can not long sit in one place.

In my opinion - I think it's worth to do the mod only when You want to play it, without regard for others. First of all, do it for yourself, if you need it.

Otherwise, it will be a useless thing.

Thank you for your reply first and yeah I play the mod and enjoy it a lot here's the reason(s) why no one will stay in one place:-

the reason that will make anyone not stay in one place is that all of the new workstations are easily crafted but Generates 7x more heat as normal stations do, also zombies now carry corrupted food which gives a buff that lasts 6 days and only can be cured by searching special loot containers, XP is very important even for cooking, building, weapon smithing and it won't be gained expect by Looting and completing very insane quests (like kill 20 ferals to get 1000 XP) and you won't be able to literally make ANYTHING Without XP and the best reason is the max level cap for the player is now 1200 and all the skills range from 420(minimum) to 4000(maximum), every level gives you 15 skill points instead of 5 and block upgrades are now very very expensive since every block requires 5 XP & it's base upgrade resource but it's still fun and easy (for grinders) also (sorry for my bad typing style i was busy) also zombies now has a chance to give you a "Fearing" buff (which is gained by standing in an area with zombies) which makes you run slightly fast but decreases you heart beats (health) and you can't regenerate during that fear!

there's tons and tons more that I can't write here (since I am busy right now)

one more thing this mod isn't a joke or just a click bait it has been in development since Alpha 13

hope to see what you say about the mod idea again after reading this

.... also zombies now has a chance to give you a "Fearing" buff (which is gained by standing in an area with zombies) which makes you run slightly fast but decreases you heart beats (health) and you can't regenerate during that fear!

:D! this a Great idea!...

You have already implemented it? I imagine that it's cool :D

....also zombies now has a chance to give you a "Fearing" buff (which is gained by standing in an area with zombies) which makes you run slightly fast but decreases you heart beats (health) and you can't regenerate during that fear!

this a great idea...!

And after you should find a stack of turds in you inventory or an amount equal to how scared you were...:)

:D! this a Great idea!...

You have already implemented it? I imagine that it's cool :D

yeah i have already implemented it it has 5 stages

1 - fearful

desc: you are feeling scared better run from this area.

effect : +5 stamina per second, 110% player speed, -0.125 health per second

blocks : healing

cured by : keeping your distance between horrifying blocks (gore, dead animals, zombies, etc...)

duration : 10 mins (real time)

2 - frightened

desc : you are fearful go listen to some music or stay new trees to mediate and feel better

effect : +3 stamina per second, 105% player speed, -0.5 health per second

blocks : healing

cured by: keeping your distance between horrifying blocks (gore, dead animals, zombies, etc...)

duration : 6 mins (real time)

3 - intimidated

desc : you are intimidated better run or stay near on a bed

effect +1 stamina per second, 120% player speed, -1.5 health per second

blocks : healing, stunned, buzzed

cured by : stepping on bed blocks, drinking coffee

duration : 2 mins (real time)

4 - ♥♥♥♥ scared

desc : hide, drink golden rod or red tea or black tea, stay on a bed or run away!

effect : -0.35 stamina per second, 145% player speed, -3 health per second

blocks : healing, stunned, drunk, buzzed

cured by : drinking golden rod, red tea, black tea, Apach secret healing recipe

duration : 5 mins(game time)

5 - Weak heart, injured brain

desc : good bye, harsh world

effect : -25 stamina every 3 secs, 245% player speed, -50 health every 10 secs

cured by : DEATH (but also there's a secret cure)

blocks : any good buff and stunned, buzzed

duration : positive infinity

thanks!

And after you should find a stack of turds in you inventory or an amount equal to how scared you were...:)

do you know what i wanted to add that when i first decided to write the mod but i'm so limited since it's a pure XML mod (i know how to use C# tho my be switch to SDX After alpha 18)so, i can't add custom events, thanks for being here after all!

do you know what i wanted to add that when i first decided to write the mod but i'm so limited since it's a pure XML mod (i know how to use C# tho my be switch to SDX After alpha 18)so, i can't add custom events, thanks for being here after all!

lol, when I first started playing, if this was in, I would have literally been swimming in sh....um fertilizer

I have very little experience in Buff-modding. I do not understand - how buff may be involved from the presence of nearby zombies or Gore-blocks ? Is there an example of this in the existing buffs?

The fact that i liked the idea as either depend on the presence of zombies and i want to use it, but perhaps with other effects (I have not idea now, but it's a great opportunity!)

I have very little experience in Buff-modding. I do not understand - how buff may be involved from the presence of nearby zombies or Gore-blocks? Is there an example of this in the existing buffs?

The fact that I liked the idea as either depend on the presence of zombies and I want to use it, but perhaps with other effects (I have not idea now, but it's a great opportunity!)

didn't you notice that when you stand near a Campfire/Forge you get the Warm buff?

that's what I use to give my buff when you are near a dead zombie or an animal carcass also I liked the mod is purely XML in terms of items and new buffs etc...

but i used SDX to add simple logic to do the same distance check with entities for example:

if (Vector3.distance(playerPos, entityPosition) < exampleDistance)
{
    givePlayerTheChoosenBuff ("bleeding", "stunned", "warming up");
}

that's how but for normal stuff like gore blocks you can do this directly by using the built-in XML function.

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(3)"/>

and that code is done by the Pimps so it's 256% working!

if you need any help post and I will try my best to help you.

also if you have already done any mod send me a link I would really like to try it out.

thanks!

Aaaah...ActiveRadiusEffects...:)

sadly that it does not work with entities by using xml-only. I'm not going to do it with SDX, but later i try to dig .dll (if this possible) when appears any specific ideas.....even with static blocks can make some big things...

...radiation, anomalies, triggers...Thank You!

PS: About how i play nomad:

Since the beginning of the game i did not even try to roam. Basically this is a game to the end.

After the construction the base , the accumulation of wealth - I get bored just sit at the base and I leave it.

I'm taking supplies and better weapons, and going in dawn - to see the world :)

You can mod custom hubs, and place whatever building you like there. Then you can make the building spawn whatever zombie(s) you want. So you can take, for example, the game's prison, make a copy, edit the prefab's xml to spawn a "The Prisoner" zombie and place that at, say 8000N / 5000W.

And then you can make a quest that will unlock an important recipe only after you killed The Prisoner.

That way, you can send the player all over the map and back again (and of course you lock the minibike somewhere inside that quest line, so it's not too easy).

You can mod custom hubs, and place whatever building you like there. Then you can make the building spawn whatever zombie(s) you want. So you can take, for example, the game's prison, make a copy, edit the prefab's xml to spawn a "The Prisoner" zombie and place that at, say 8000N / 5000W.

And then you can make a quest that will unlock an important recipe only after you killed The Prisoner.

That way, you can send the player all over the map and back again (and of course you lock the minibike somewhere inside that quest line, so it's not too easy).

Oh yeah! I invent something about similar to this...as "endgame" ;)

Oh yeah! I invent something about similar to this...as "endgame" ;)
I once had that in an endgame, when I had the idea I first modded it into an ongoing game. It's too easy, you just hop on the bike, pack a bunch of gunz n ammo, and that's it. Sightseeing.

Having this in early game is much more interesting. I'm currently gating

1. forge

2. wood workbench (normal workbench + stuff for wood)

3. metal workbench (metal blocks, tools)

4. weapon workbench (mostly making ammo)

5. safe opening wrench

6. minibike

Gonna add some sightseeing after the six.

You can easily adjust the difficulty/challenge by deciding how far apart you place them and what kinds of zombies spawn in the hub. And with my very fine ringworld, I can also decide what biome the hubs are in.

It's an essential game changer, and of course I'm perfectly convinced, vanilla should have something like this. No more setting up in the first town you come across and never having to leave.

Good Idea! Implementing.....

I once had that in an endgame, when I had the idea I first modded it into an ongoing game. It's too easy, you just hop on the bike, pack a bunch of gunz n ammo, and that's it. Sightseeing.

Having this in early game is much more interesting. I'm currently gating

1. forge

2. wood workbench (normal workbench + stuff for wood)

3. metal workbench (metal blocks, tools)

4. weapon workbench (mostly making ammo)

5. safe opening wrench

6. minibike

Gonna add some sightseeing after the six.

You can easily adjust the difficulty/challenge by deciding how far apart you place them and what kinds of zombies spawn in the hub. And with my very fine ringworld, I can also decide what biome the hubs are in.

It's an essential game changer, and of course I'm perfectly convinced, vanilla should have something like this. No more setting up in the first town you come across and never having to leave.

Also i added Custom Lockpick system (again using SDX) with chance depending on your skill in lockpicking like this :

starting from level 1-25 : you can lockpick doors with chance 0.1-0.25

strating from level 25-50: you can lockpick doors and small safes with chance 0.25-0.5

starting from level 50-75: you can lockpick doors, small safe with chance 0.5-0.7

starting from level 75-100 you can lockpick doors, small safes, gun safes with chance 0.7-1

then after level 100 you get a bounes 0.005 succes chance

that's it

and also i have re-added the forge ahead book again and some old blue prints and the molds (with slots in the forge for 10 molds)

but i have a question can i increase the size of the random gen worlds and add custom HUB cities?

but i have a question can i increase the size of the random gen worlds and add custom HUB cities?

To increase the world - very easy, but there is one big problem associated with floating numbers from Unity engine. Further from the centre, even in vanilla, the problems begin. The shadow of bad overlap, the accuracy of positioning.

You need to fly in god-mode to the edge of map to see it.

By the way, beyond the generation of the landscape does not stop, only stops the generation of hubs.

I also expanded, but with the current problems - gave up. In 70000km you will walk with breaking legs every time.

in rwgmixer.xml, change distance here:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="10000" terrain_generator="vanilla">

and here:

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="10000,20000"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

-----

Custom hubs - problems here is less.

(but if you meant "custom hub layout" - it's all we can say is not working now).

But much can be done with what is available.

but at 16 Alpha, everything can change, so now is not the time to study it.

Also i added Custom Lockpick system (again using SDX) with chance depending on your skill in lockpicking like this :

starting from level 1-25 : you can lockpick doors with chance 0.1-0.25

strating from level 25-50: you can lockpick doors and small safes with chance 0.25-0.5

starting from level 50-75: you can lockpick doors, small safe with chance 0.5-0.7

starting from level 75-100 you can lockpick doors, small safes, gun safes with chance 0.7-1

then after level 100 you get a bounes 0.005 succes chance

that's it

Yes, lockpicking is an interesting addition, those safes should be gated from the early game, particularly with leveled loot disabled. I think it's coming to vanilla with a minigame at some point, Joel talked about it.

and also i have re-added the forge ahead book again and some old blue prints and the molds (with slots in the forge for 10 molds)
Me too, I have molds for everything, including all the tool heads. If you'd like some icons, lemme know, I can make a package. And have a look at this post:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61289-Unlimited-number-of-tools-per-workstation

You don't need to have a slot for every tool.

Yes, but like n2n1 said, there are issues beyond 10k away from the center. But you do it in the rwgmixer.xml. On top something like this:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1000" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="13500" terrain_generator="vanilla">

Generation distance is the size of the world, cell size is the size of "hubs", those cells that usually have a town or city in the center.

You also have to adjust the biome rules in the rwgmixer.xml:

<biome_spawn_rules>
	<biome_spawn_rule name="city_wasteland">
		<distance_from_center range="0,500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">
		<distance_from_center range="500,2500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="city">
		<distance_from_center range="2500,3500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">
		<distance_from_center range="3500,4500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<distance_from_center range="4500,5500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">
		<distance_from_center range="5500,6500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<distance_from_center range="6500,7500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="snow">
		<distance_from_center range="7500,8500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<distance_from_center range="8500,9500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<terrain_generator range="-28,1" />
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland_hub">
		<distance_from_center range="9500,10500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<distance_from_center range="10500,12500"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="12500,20000"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

</biome_spawn_rules>

So that you actually have biomes beyond 10k. Don't use this code though, look at the rwgmixer.xml and modify the vanilla code.

I have reduced the cell-size, I believe 1800 in vanilla, 1000 for me, so I get more cells. But you can also increase the size, then you get bigger cells (yes, really!) Where I have to use fairly small cities (5 x 5 city blocks) due to the cell size, you could use bigger ones. You adjust the city size in rwgmixer.xml as well, it's the hub rule for "citySmall":

<hub_rule name="citySmall">
		<hub_type value="city"/>
		<width value="824, 824" />
		<height value="824, 824" />
		<path_material value="asphalt" /> 
		<path_radius value="7" />

<prefab_rule name="wastelandHub" prob="1"/>
	</hub_rule>

You have to play with the width and height values to see what max size fits in your cell.

To increase the world - very easy, but there is one big problem associated with floating numbers from Unity engine. Further from the centre, even in vanilla, the problems begin. The shadow of bad overlap, the accuracy of positioning.

You need to fly in god-mode to the edge of map to see it.

By the way, beyond the generation of the landscape does not stop, only stops the generation of hubs.

I also expanded, but with the current problems - gave up. In 70000km you will walk with breaking legs every time.

you are correct i tested it yesterday and also a protip for you...you dont need to fly just enable the debug menu and open the map and hold ctrl+left mouse button to teleport anywhere on the map

Yes, lockpicking is an interesting addition, those safes should be gated from the early game, particularly with leveled loot disabled. I think it's coming to vanilla with a minigame at some point, Joel talked about it.

Me too, I have molds for everything, including all the tool heads. If you'd like some icons, lemme know, I can make a package. And have a look at this post:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61289-Unlimited-number-of-tools-per-workstation

That would be really cool if you did send me those icons

and that great idea about the forge slot thanks a lot! (saved me 1000 more lines of code! THANKS!)

Guys, I found something interesting

I was today working on a personal project in unity and I wanted to confirm what n1z1 said (already confirmed in 7DTD) I found that the Vector3's are Floats which gives lag after 10000.10324f from the 0,0,0 point but when I made a custom DLL that handles Vector3's as double values it seemed not to give lag except after 10000000.86351f from the 0,0,0 point

that's because doubles are High precision (15 digits max length) values unlike floats which are fast but low precision (7 digits)

that's why it gives lag after 10,000f

check this post out : https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm

I'm full of skepticism about a simple change of variables in to DoubleWord....but... i always consider - what TFP are doing so that they may skip(not use) a useful opportunity for the PC, in favor of the poor performance of consoles.

If anyone might be able to get around this problem it would be a terrific opportunity to increase the size of the world ! ;)

So, You saying that made customly .dll? did I understand correctly that this is for 7dtd? Do You plan to deal with this problem? I would also try to explore with ILSpy, as far as I will allow my knowledge. I would like to clarify where You found these variables ?

Frankly, the release date of mod how you assign to OP - it looks not interesting. If you already have at least something implemented (and you already play it) - that i suggest for the release the unfinished version with the caveat that this is in "WIP". Maybe someone would be interested in this and would give feedback. But You know better.

I'm full of skepticism about a simple change of variables into DoubleWord....but... I always consider - what TFP are doing so that they may skip(not use) a useful opportunity for the PC, in favor of the poor performance of consoles.

If anyone might be able to get around this problem it would be a terrific opportunity to increase the size of the world! ;)

So, You saying that made custom .dll? did I understand correctly that this is for 7dtd? Do You plan to deal with this problem? I would also try to explore with ILSpy, as far as I will allow my knowledge. I would like to clarify where You found these variables?

Frankly, the release date of mod how you assign to OP - it looks not interesting. If you already have at least something implemented (and you already play it) - that I suggest for the release the unfinished version with the caveat that this is in "WIP". Maybe someone would be interested in this and would give feedback. But You know better.

yeah I made a custom DLL that handles Vector2 (2d), Vector3 (3d) which allows a distance of 100000000000000 instead of 1000000 from the 0,0,0 point and yeah I might release the unfinished version of Abilimod which lacks some main features like the full fear system and custom prefabs & enemies since it will be XML only!

and another yeah I was trying to check how can I pump the .dll in 7dtd since it's not made especially for it but for Unity itself so I will give it a shot and see my luck

the unfinished version of the Mod will be out in 10th of May 2017 since Alpha 16 is coming and I want to check if it breaks everything in the mod or just some stuff

Archived