ComSenMod (now for A18)

Crater Creator

ComSenMod 3.4 Now Available!

Just in time for, um, the second half of Thanksgiving weekend :whistle:, comes ComSenMod 3.4. As always, the download link is in the first post. This update contains bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Ha, just kidding. I give you REAL release notes.

Version 3.4 11/25/2017

• Reorganized files to work best with 7D2D Mod Launcher
  • Synched files with A16.4 Stable

blocks.xml

• Set storage boxes to use new larger container definition
    They’re bigger and more expensive to make than chests, and so should offer more space

entityclasses.xml

• Scrap brass can be harvested from zombie dogs
    Representing brass dog tags, and adding more reward for killing a tough enemy
  • Greatly reduced minibike hit points
    The old value wasn’t balanced, making the minibike virtually indestructible
  • Narrowed the gap in hit points between basic male & basic female zombies, but reduced entity attack damage for basic female zombies
    Physical differences in e.g. upper body strength are better manifested in attack damage, rather than hit points. Unfortunately the game doesn’t support a random range of values to represent individual human variation.
  • Set feral zombies to use same loot lists as their non-feral versions
    Many were using fat zombie loot, which is tailored specifically for fat zombies
  • Assigned basic male & female zombies to use gender-specific loot lists
    So that, for example, males don’t carry skirts
  • Reduced hit points on fat Hawaiian shirt zombies
    Unlike cop zombies, these have no special abilities, loot, or appearance of strength to support the extra hit points over other fat zombies
  • Gave zombies Boe, old timer, farmer, & stripper the same hit points as other basic zombies
    These have no special abilities, loot, or appearance to support the extra hit points over other basic zombies
  • Reduced burnt zombie’s hit points
    To match their new, lower quality burnt loot

items.xml

• Added handZombieFemale that does reduced damage
    If zombies are going to incorporate physical differences between males and females, let’s do it in an authentic way. Research indicates women have significantly lower upper body and grip strength, which would affect how hard they can attack with their arms, while the amount of pain or trauma they can sustain relative to men is less clear, which would affect their hit points.

loot.xml

• Defined separate loot list for storage boxes
    They’re bigger and more expensive to make than chests, and so should offer more space
  • Added empty cans to canned food loot
    Anywhere you might find canned food, you might also find an empty can
  • Substituted cupboard loot in coolers with canned food loot
    Other cupboard loot, like seeds and paint, wouldn’t be found in coolers
  • Changed minibike wheels found in car loot to tires
    Representing a single spare tire, instead of a set of minibike wheels
  • Added eggs & feathers to mailbox loot
    A convenient place for a bird to nest in a post-apocalyptic world
  • Created separate loot lists for fat male & fat female zombies & increased chance of them carrying clothes
    So that, for example, males don’t carry skirts
  • Made a new ‘burnt junk’ loot list for burnt zombies and furnaces
    A lot of regular junk would be destroyed in a fire

recipes.xml

• Added recipes for flagstone gable, brick gable, wood gable, and wood pyramid
    There are holes in the full upgrade path for these shapes, but this way players can still craft the blocks that already exist
  • Reduced time to forge newer brick shapes
    Applying the original adjustment to newer block shapes that hadn’t received the adjustment
  • Added alternate recipes to use clean water instead of murky water
    Clean water should work just as well; players shouldn’t lose out just because they boiled all their water
  • Added blueberries to paint recipe
    Red, blue, and yellow pigments are needed to create a full range of hues. Thanks, elementary school art class!

The first one from the screenshots without the bigger back pack

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42922-SMX-By-Sirillion

1) Click on Add new My Mods

2) Click on Add New Download link: http://chamotlabs.com/Bob/ComSenMod/ComSenMod.zip

3) Click on Add new Download link: https://github.com/Sirillion/SMX/archive/master.zip

That should combine them

Creator have you changed the properties for farming, the reason I ask is because I found some corn and potatoes already grown so I picked them and only got 1 each time, I changed them into seeds and it only changed them to 1 seed, so I am going around in a loop with no way to actually grow anymore food.

Creator have you changed the properties for farming, the reason I ask is because I found some corn and potatoes already grown so I picked them and only got 1 each time, I changed them into seeds and it only changed them to 1 seed, so I am going around in a loop with no way to actually grow anymore food.

Nope, that's vanilla farming for you. The key to farming is

good soil. You need to till the soil with a hoe to do better than breaking even, and fertilizer to get the maximal crop yields.

You both do amazing work and the SMX mod with this game makes it all work while.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, SMX isn't showing up with the new profile you put in

Does SMX conflict with ComSenMod as they both edit the same files?

Sorry about the trouble. I fixed the config, and seems to be working. Let me know :)

• 2 months later...
Okay, I see what you're getting at. I broke my own convention that if water's in the recipe, you use the pot. But intuitively, you don't boil breads or pies - you bake them. Grilling is the closest thing we have to baking.

So I researched real recipes for cornbread and blueberry pie with a cornmeal crust. The real recipes use more shortening than water. So in the game, these recipes will require animal fat instead of bottled water.

This kills 3 birds with one stone.

• It maintains the water=pot convention.
  • It keeps these recipes on the grill, which makes the most sense
  • It satisfies my desire to use animal fat as a cooking ingredient, in general.

Neither food hydrates you, so this doesn't create an exploit to get free hydration, either.

I think this will make the game better. I'll test it along with other changes for the next release of ComSenMod, coming soon™. Thanks for catching this, SenLim!

Wow ! I thought I was alone !

• 3 months later...

First, welcome to the forums!

There's a good chance they're compatible. I need to know what files SMX LITE touches to know for sure. I don't have an account on NexusMods, so I wasn't able to download it. I'll try it through the mod launcher when I get a chance, and get back to you.

Clothing and Temperature

First. Very excellent work. Ejoying the common sense of your effort.

Clothing and Temperature. I disagree with clothing not having a minus effect on temperature. Having been in several hot locations clothing is essential in protecting from temperature. Taking off all your cloth to keep from going over temperature is as unrealistic as going into hypothermia at 50 degrees because you had all the minus clothing on.

Since the game doesn't have proper hot weather gear we have to accept that shorts, tee-shirt and cowboy hat fill that role. Perhaps not at the the vanilla listed values but something.