[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Screwdriver DOES work on cars like a wrench, so does the Compact driver (power drill)

aswell as any other electronics, air conditioners etc.

Wrench - Journeyman crafting

Screwdriver - Engineering

Compact driver - Master crafting (good luck finding the parts tho)

They must have changed it

How do I set up my own server please? I only play with my girlfriend, but these resets are annoying the S@"t out of me. If I have to use a server until it's fixed I will.

I've downloaded the server files but I don't want to drag n drop to find out I've botched my install folder.

@ obsidianmcbovril

If you go back to the first page, post #6 has install walk though even saw a link for a video there.

If that doesn't get you going I could try to walk you through doing it by hand. That is how I do mine and I just created and started a fresh MP local server last night for me and my kids.

@ obsidianmcbovril

If you go back to the first page, post #6 has install walk though even saw a link for a video there.

If that doesn't get you going I could try to walk you through doing it by hand. That is how I do mine and I just created and started a fresh MP local server last night for me and my kids.

Its actually post #8 that has the link to the server install document. Post #6 describes the client install.

Update

Save Game Safe

Server and Player xml’s

Changed how the Crowbar works a little, it now makes the workstation pick up able after clicking on it 10 times.

Adjusted Zombie XP

Fixed Burn times on new wood items

Made Power Lines an open recipe anyone can craft if you have the materials

Fixed Screamer Night Horde spawning

Improved the Brute loot drops

Fixed the workstations that were only ticking when you stood in it. Now they run all the time.

Fixed reported gun sound bugs

It was working for me last night, and i dont see any new patches, Double checking right now.

Edit -

- Screwdriver

- Power drill

- (old)/wrench

Fridges

Sinks

Cars

Tvs

All three work on everything i've come acrossed.

Here, let me help you with that finding that patch then:

In other news I'm almost finished coding all the new buffs might be able to test them tomorrow. Then I think I'll work on redoing the tools. I'm thinking-

Hammers will disassemble wood/stone blocks and give primitive crafting

Wrench will disassemble Metal blocks and give journeyman crafting

Screwdriver will disassemble Metal blocks and give Engineering

Nail gun will upgrade and give Master Craftsman

Compact Driver will disassemble/upgrade steel and metal blocks and give master craftsman

Each giving its own assortment of parts.

This will help lessen the godliness of the Wrench and make more world blocks disassemble easily with the right tool

Changed how the Crowbar works a little, it now makes the workstation pick up able after clicking on it 10 times.

-Right clicking, not left, So you folks dont go out destroying your precious anvils/forges etc

- - - Updated - - -

Here, let me help you with that finding that patch then:

Thats not a patch tho, thats how spider WANTS to do it, and likely will in their amazing Tba a16 update

-The power drill CAN take apart steel blocks... just VERY slowly, its better to use a pickaxe

The various things DO give their respective crafting

-Right clicking, not left, So you folks dont go out destroying your precious anvils/forges etc

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not a patch tho, thats how spider WANTS to do it, and likely will in their amazing Tba a16 update

-The power drill CAN take apart steel blocks... just VERY slowly, its better to use a pickaxe

The various things DO give their respective crafting

It was changed, clearly you were not around prior to this change, moving right along...

There is an inconsistency with Wood javelin/spear burn time. They burn for 25 seconds whereas the wood that is used to make them only burns for 5 seconds.

Sigh. How come these things get reported "after" the patch.... Meanwhile, enjoy your bonus burn time.

"Fixed Screamer Night Horde spawning"

what thats its means?

i got out of my bunker at night to kill a screamer only to see hell breaking loose upstairs

i count at least 1 brute ,2 ferals ,2 cops, 2 fatties and a bunch of normal ones i already died 4 times before (i guess count on game stages?) and i was before day 14. i guess not going out on nights until better gear

Sigh. How come these things get reported "after" the patch.... Meanwhile, enjoy your bonus burn time.

Hehe, because you guys are always patching :)

If its any consolation, its not really worth it anyway because each spear/jav takes about 25 seconds to 'cook' in the fire anyway, Its just an inconsistency.

"Fixed Screamer Night Horde spawning"

what thats its means?

i got out of my bunker at night to kill a screamer only to see hell breaking loose upstairs

i count at least 1 brute ,2 ferals ,2 cops, 2 fatties and a bunch of normal ones i already died 4 times before (i guess count on game stages?) and i was before day 14. i guess not going out on nights until better gear

Screamers now summon the same zombie group at night as they do in the day. Previously the screamer summoned weaker zombies at night. However, the screamer will not summon anything worse that easy zombies until you are past day 49.

So, I was raiding a house while I had a splinted leg, I hobbled past a bunch of couches and marveled at how undervalued they are in their current state. I thought how cool it would be to be able to use these couches in the same way as the beds repair health, but couches could instead accelerate the repair of leg injuries.

Of course it shouldn't make it too fast, otherwise serial leg breakers would become fat slobs and sit around all the time, but just a little something to take the edge off the injury time by relaxing on the couch in front of the TV after the sun sets, while the hordes shamble about outside.

No idea if this could be implemented though.

edit: also, different couches could give different bonuses, similar to the beds, eg: leather/cloth couches

why machete has 2 buy perks?

i got the first one and came largeblade knife and machete

i missing something? or its a bug?

I don't understand exactly what you are asking. There is only 1 perk for a machete. You can buy that when your journeyman crafting skill gets to level 25. Once bought, it opens two recipes, the large knife blade, and the machete. You have to craft a large knife blade first, then use that blade as an ingredient to make a machete. I hope this explanation helps.

'Skirt' item allows 'Read' to learn, but even after it is learnt, the recipe is not able to be crafted. Same goes for 'Shorts' but with those, only the white ones are able to be crafted even though the item says that all colours are known after reading.

I don't understand exactly what you are asking. There is only 1 perk for a machete. You can buy that when your journeyman crafting skill gets to level 25. Once bought, it opens two recipes, the large knife blade, and the machete. You have to craft a large knife blade first, then use that blade as an ingredient to make a machete. I hope this explanation helps.

Unless it was changed in the last couple days, Machete currently has 2 perks you can buy. The first one gives you both recipes. OP was curious what the second perk gives. Obviously it does nothing, but might put it on a list for the next update.

Unless it was changed in the last couple days, Machete currently has 2 perks you can buy. The first one gives you both recipes. OP was curious what the second perk gives. Obviously it does nothing, but might put it on a list for the next update.

Ah, thanks. He meant 2 perk levels, not 2 perks. In the progression.xml, the machete max_level is currently set to equal "2", but it appears it should be set to "1" . I will fix that in the next patch.

Group Work!

AppleSeed

hopSeed

aloeSeed

mushroomSeed

CarrotSeed

WheatSeed

CoffeeSeeds

StrawberrySeed

SunflowerSeed

cornSeed

potatoSeed

blueberrySeed

cottonSeed

goldenrodSeed

yuccaSeed

chrysanthemumSeed

TomatoSeed

Anyone want to take a shot at sorting these from simplest to most advanced in terms of Farming Skill required to craft them. Can be done individually or in groups. If I missed any seeds just add them in.

Archived