[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

If one of you is using the Mod Launcher, try to start up the game. When it fails, go back to the Mod Launcher, go to the View menu, and click on Log Files. You'll see a small drop down; select the game's output.txt file, and click on the Upload log file button. Then give us the pastebin.com link it gives you.

That'll help us troubleshoot.

https://pastebin.com/VvFxJ9Fs

I'm having the paprika problem. Deleting the mods file in my 7d2d folder got rid of the "mod already exists" error, but it still gives me the block unable to load error

If one of you is using the Mod Launcher, try to start up the game. When it fails, go back to the Mod Launcher, go to the View menu, and click on Log Files. You'll see a small drop down; select the game's output.txt file, and click on the Upload log file button. Then give us the pastebin.com link it gives you.

That'll help us troubleshoot.

I can do that it about 1.5 hours if gonna can't. I have to leave but I am trying g one more thing. I did another random search through c Windows.old and found another folder with starvation still in it. If that works I'll let you know as well.

https://pastebin.com/VvFxJ9Fs

I'm having the paprika problem. Deleting the mods file in my 7d2d folder got rid of the "mod already exists" error, but it still gives me the block unable to load error

You log is saying there SDX didn't even attempt to initialize.

Could you do the same steps as my other posts, but instead of upload the game's output log file, would you mind uploading the Launcher log file? It's in the drop down menu.

Also, what anti-virus software do you guys use?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Same issue as CountCracksalot. Hopefully we can get this figured out for you guys.

You log is saying there SDX didn't even attempt to initialize.

Could you do the same steps as my other posts, but instead of upload the game's output log file, would you mind uploading the Launcher log file? It's in the drop down menu.

Also, what anti-virus software do you guys use?

How come i have that problem too and i don't even use the launcher thing? It's super weird and it didn't happen last time i installed and played this mod like 1-2 weeks ago...

And i have Norton, But i checked that already and so on and so forth. No problems there! And i used norton last time as well without problems.

How come i have that problem too and i don't even use the launcher thing? It's super weird and it didn't happen last time i installed and played this mod like 1-2 weeks ago...

And i have Norton, But i checked that already and so on and so forth. No problems there! And i used norton last time as well without problems.

it's definitely an interesting problem, and I don't think it's the Mod Launcher doing anything incorrect. Something is off though, so that's what we are exploring.

With norton, do you have the launcher folder excluded? Say, like C:\7d2dlauncher\? Norton could have pushed an update that kills the SDX files.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the launcher log

https://pastebin.com/iJuf4Wvh

Thank you. Everything looks fine there. What anti-virus program do you use?

it's definitely an interesting problem, and I don't think it's the Mod Launcher doing anything incorrect. Something is off though, so that's what we are exploring.

With norton, do you have the launcher folder excluded? Say, like C:\7d2dlauncher\? Norton could have pushed an update that kills the SDX files.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Everything looks fine there. What anti-virus program do you use?

It's all fine there i double checked and even triple checked! And that launcher folder does not exist on my PC because well i dont use the launcher. But i get your point, BUT no problems as i said.

It's all fine there i double checked and even triple checked! And that launcher folder does not exist on my PC because well i dont use the launcher. But i get your point, BUT no problems as i said.

Without the Launcher, it would be your 7 Days to Die folder :) SDX uses DLL injection, which can cause problems with some anti-virus tools.

The thing is that it's all good on that part! So i'm stuck it seems.

Check under your AppData folder for some files. Hold down Windows Key, and hit R, then type in %appdata%. If you have an SDX folder there, delete it. It'll get re-created when you start the mod.

Oh I see the problem.

Assembly-CSharp.dll was removed from the github folder. That's why it's not working. Weird things will start happening to existing installs, and new installs will just out right fail.

Wakey Wakey, Spider :)

So in other words we have to wait for him to update or?

So in other words we have to wait for him to update or?

Yeah. You could grab the version of the DLL from the previous build, but I'm not sure if that'll work-work, depends on what changes Jeoshua has done to it, and if it depends on anything in the XML files.

We don't have Boss and Mook "Damage Classes"... but we could is my point. Note that I capitalized the damage class, this time. The game runs ToLower() on it, so it's not case sensitive. Try to be consistent tho, because I can't assert that to be true through the entire code path.

Jeo, I made a post about this on our private development discussion thread on Steam. We have a naming convention for the new armor types, so while we can use "mook", lets please not. The standard will be armorName, such as armorSteel, armorMilitary etc.

That said, I am good with armorMook.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. You could grab the version of the DLL from the previous build, but I'm not sure if that'll work-work, depends on what changes Jeoshua has done to it, and if it depends on anything in the XML files.

The previous build must be working. I'm running it without issues. The link to the DLL is a few posts back.

And we are trying to wake the Spider for quick fix

I will wait for our dear Spider to update then! :D Thanks though Sphereii! Your help was and is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeo, I made a post about this on our private development discussion thread on Steam. We have a naming convention for the new armor types, so while we can use "mook", lets please not. The standard will be armorName, such as armorSteel, armorMilitary etc.

That said, I am good with armorMook.

- - - Updated - - -

The previous build must be working. I'm running it without issues. The link to the DLL is a few posts back.

Can you give me a direct link? I can't find it it seems :(

- - - Updated - - -

But personally i think it's better if Spider updates the mod properly which i'm sure he is gonna do when he has time! :) Thanks again folks!

Direct file: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/ae70392bfe7f6e39fdb6dd9aa014bd8c2af40bf2/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

For non-Launcher users, you can just copy it to your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder.

I can provide a workaround in the Launcher for it too.

- - - Updated - - -

I think XML changes without DLL support is safer than the opposite. If the DLL was updated and the XML wasn't, then the DLL could be looking for things in the XML files that wouldn't be there.

We'll wait until Spider can re-post the DLL. I dont want to adversely affect people using a Launcher work around.

Direct file: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/ae70392bfe7f6e39fdb6dd9aa014bd8c2af40bf2/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

For non-Launcher users, you can just copy it to your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder.

I can provide a workaround in the Launcher for it too.

- - - Updated - - -

I think XML changes without DLL support is safer than the opposite. If the DLL was updated and the XML wasn't, then the DLL could be looking for things in the XML files that wouldn't be there.

We'll wait until Spider can re-post the DLL. I dont want to adversely affect people using a Launcher work around.

Yeah i will at least wait for Spider to update it properly. Thanks again people for all the help and guidance :)

Archived