Question: How long does it take a tree to grow?

Faolan

I know seeds for gardening take roughly 2 days to go from seed to harvestable plant.

I know trees have 4 stages, Seed, small tree 250HP, medium tree 500HP, and large tree 1,000HP. Only large trees drop additional seeds so you can plant more trees.

So how long does it take a seed to grow into a full tree? (1,000HP)

Another question, Dopes it matter if my days are set to 2 actual hours?

• 1 year later...
My tree farm quit growing entirely. No idea what is going on. Does anyone know where the game keeps the code that governs growth?

Have you monkied with SETTIME ?

I think if you jump back several days some things get hosed, not sure if they fixed that...

I do know timers for traders seem to be in the region files (as a reset of that region also resets restock timer)

different tree species grow at different rates, I believe. And sunlight is probably factor, I find the trees in the center of my forest mature slower than the ones on perimeter.

pretty sure the biome makes a difference too, like if you plant the large evergreens in the desert they dont mature to full grown or take a super long time.

My tree farm quit growing entirely. No idea what is going on. Does anyone know where the game keeps the code that governs growth?

I think it’s just the game giving up. We’ve seen all sorts of weird situations where things like all the potatoes grow except maybe 1 or 2. And it’s random. Or we plant a lot of trees and not all of them mature. Not sure how big your tree farm is or what you have around it as well. Might want to replant just a few and see what happens. But yes my experience has been maples grow much slower then the pines so we always use pine trees for a farm and maybe a maple here or there for looks. I still think the maples are a bit laggy but improved over the original version.

Are you staying close to home when or are you away exploring while the trees grow. if you move too far, the growth may be paused.

If you stayed close by and it's still not working, try clearing your cache - it might just solve it.

Archived