What's your favourite zombie movie, TV show and/or book?

Nice Loki

Just been talking with hubby about this question.

Such a hard question to answer with a single movie (or movie series) and a single book (or book series).

TV show is a no brainier for both of us. Without a doubt it is TWD.

Husband managed to narrow his movie favs to "Shaun of the Dead" and the original "Dawn of the Dead".

For me I totally love the "Resident Evil" series of movies, even though hubby doesn't class them as true zombie movies, I do.

For books, we both agreed that Max Brooks "World War Z" and J.L. Bourne "Day by Day Armageddon" are in our top spots, with John Ringo's "Black Tide rising" series featuring very highly too.

I haven't read any Zombie books, but I do love Reg Shoe, the Zombie member of the Watch in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Movie wise, Shaun of the Dead for me too. I love the whole Cornetto Series and this one is fantastic. Zombieland comes in a close second mostly because of the Billy Murray camero. Looking forward to The Girl With At The Gifts too, that seems interesting...

As for TV show.... hmmm at the moment TWD is probably my fav. I like how it's not just about zombies anymore, it's above societies forming to survive around them and how they interact with each other. Haven't gotten into FTWD yet or iZombie which a lot of people seem to like.

There is a fantastic set of books I can't remember the name of the series but the first book is called Married with Zombies or something very similar to that. It's about a couple who's marriage is on the rocks and the zombie apocalypse happens forcing them to survive and deal with their marital problems. The series is really good with lots of humor and not so much of the mushy stuff one would expect.

I highly suggest checking them out. You won't be disappointed.

I never rated zombie land. I've watched it twice now and still come away with the same 'meh' feeling about it.

I love Simon Pegg, he is a comic genius (IMO). I love both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, they're brilliant, but Worlds End was just bizarre. I didn't find it funny tbh.

Paul on the other hand was hilarious.

Anyway, back to subject at hand... What's this The Girl movie that you refer to?

- - - Updated - - -

I did enjoy ZNation and hope they do another season of it, but it doesnt rate in my 'best of' list.

I never rated zombie land. I've watched it twice now and still come away with the same 'meh' feeling about it.

I love Simon Pegg, he is a comic genius (IMO). I love both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, they're brilliant, but Worlds End was just bizarre. I didn't find it funny tbh.

Paul on the other hand was hilarious.

Anyway, back to subject at hand... What's this The Girl movie that you refer to?

- - - Updated - - -

I did enjoy ZNation and hope they do another season of it, but it doesnt rate in my 'best of' list.

znation started last week

Hey Nice Loki

Here's the trailer...

<--- warner bros UK based, hope you can watch it. Was released in Dublin recently, so hoping to go see it with my Dad soon.

Clare

That movie looks amazing. There is also one called Maggie. It has Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but the trailer looked good.

Can I say that I have a hard time watching a lot of zombie movies because they have too much "gore" and not enough "zombies?" Does that even make sense? It's like having a scene where a character is mobbed by zombies and disappears under the flood of bodies verses the same mobbed by zombies scene but instead they show the character being graphically pulled apart by hungry zeds. In both scenes the character dies but one does it with expensive props to try and make the movie feel more "real" by having the body disemboweled on camera.

I want to be scared for the hero and their chances of survival when I watch a zombie movie, not loose my lunch watching people in make up slip and fall from all the blood that is on the floor. I mean there has to be a difference between a good "oh no not like that!" death and "oh my god I didn't think a body had that much blood."

That movie looks amazing. There is also one called Maggie. It has Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but the trailer looked good.

If its the one I'm thinking of it is decent. Very slow paced in my opinion, not a lot of action, but for what it was, it was pretty good.

Onto the question...

TWD is my fav tv series in the zombie genre. I use netflix for my tv watching and jus now have gotten to start watching season 6. Crazy stuffs.

As far as books, I havent read but one book bout zombies and its called "State of Decay" by James Knapp. He has 2 others called "The silent army" and "Element Zero", I have them but yet to read them. The first one was pretty good. It isnt exactly about zombies like they are commonly known. Its more like a government thing that reanimates people after they are dead if they don't have enough money or position to get out of it. Pretty cool IMO.

Movie.... hmmmm "World War Z" was pretty sweet. I'm tryin to think if I've seen any others that I like better. "I am Legend" was pretty good.

DJ molles is the best zombie author around IMO, I have read pretty much every zombie book / series on kindle or at least started all of them. Some authors I don't care for and move on to something else, I have an insanely large list at this point though.

There is a really good one I read last year, but I borrowed using prime and now I can't figure out what it was called. been driving me crazy. The sickness in this one is progressive where people start out being A-holes and get progressively more violent. There was some pretty saucy imagery in this one ex: A chick rips out another chicks heart and the last thoughts she has is after she pulls the chicks heart out she is going to take a dump in her chest cavity. no joke. wish I could remember the title of this one. That was one detail, the entire book was sort of crazy like that.

There is another one where these people try to take over a prison (yes very ala walking dead) that I can't remember the name of.

Not so much a show, but what about the videos of "hordes" of people playing Pokemon Go, traveling all together through the city. Kind of reminds me of mindless zombies.... :)

There was one movie that put an interesting twist on zombie lore, where some of the zombies still had a minimal intelligence left, not all of them. Can't remember the name of it. But, when they would eat someone's brain, they would get some of their victims old memories. It was not my favorite one, just a clever twist on the zombie meme.

Archived