A15 bugs?

spudicus

Just curious where we can report bugs for the experimental A15...

The one I know of for sure is that you dont get skill points in the forge for what you craft there unless you have it open, otherwise the skill points you could have gained for crafting arrowheads, anvils, etc are lost to oblivion. Seems you should still get the points for crafting them even though you arent standing there looking at the forge UI.

heh. i think it´s a bug that you get xp for things crafted in the forge at all. if the game would force us to be in the forge while crafting it would be a different story.

i see a problem in MP here. does the guy who just joined and immediately starts using the forge really deserve the xp?

do you generally deserve xp for pushing a button and waiting? yeah i know it´s the same with crafting, but that´s something your character does and it would be a very boring game if you actually need time to craft and can´t do anything else meanwhile.

you can still level very fast with spamcrafting and not beeing in the forge meanwhile. it also makes the fun last longer if you don´t skill like crazy. i don´t know any game that let´s you level so fast with such signifcant bonuses. in fact i think you will level way slower when the game is ready. at least i hope that.

that said, it was like that in A14 already. i doubt this is a bug. not very well designed imo, but no mistake.

well it seems to me that if you get exp for crafting in your own inventory, you should absolutely get exp for everything you craft, otherwise what is the point of any of it. Just seems strange that you have to have it open to get the exp.

As far as MP goes, I havent considered how to fix that, maybe the way it is now IS the fix, but i play a lot of SP and it sure sucks to have to have it open for the exp. Im not grinding levels or anything, but it sure would be nice to not have to supervise it to get the bit that you should get....

They are extending that logic now, so that workbenches are replacing a lot of backpack assemby. So really basic stuff is still magically happening in your pocket (yes, intended), but the really great combinations require a platform.

You are supposed to role play that you are doin' stuff at the forge while the UI is open. Sure it is not perfect, but it stops the gaming of the system. Also, they are moving away from crafting XP and have given XP for zombie kills. As that system advances (multi-kill bonus during hordes, etc), crafting will not be the grind any longer.

• 2 years later...

How do I install Alpha 15?

I have been searching the web for the past 3 hours and i havent found an Alpha 15.0 download anywhere. I would like to know where exactly i can find one.

If any of you know where i can find one, please comment below.

How do i install Alpha 15.0 version

Archived