Tips and Tricks Console Version Ps4

So does any console players have any tips and tricks to share with the "noobs" it can include crafting,perks, strategy etc....

It seem like they need a lot of help. In playing the console version? P.S. This covers the PS4 version only, for the Xbone version someone will have to start a thread to cover that?

Glass Jars will also work , for crafting water but you will need the cooking pot. You can find a cooking pretty much anywhere? I got mine with a air drop but you can find them anywhere and that goes for beakers too. Snow is a very good source of fresh water , and make sure you attempt to boil it before you drink it. Or you will get Dysentery and die. You can cure it with tea or the proper medicine. also when starting out , you won't have necessary materials to build your own base, home, shelter etc. so pick an abandoned house, cabin etc... and fix it up. Just remember you will attract noise when doing so... and make you eventually craft some wooden spike traps as well. There is an abandoned cave or I would assume they're are several caves those are "prime real estate" try to keep with one door on your house, cabin etc.... less to defend in the beginning. You might end up possibly painting yourself in a corner BUT I had a 2 door house and I ended up putting a bunch of spikes on the front porch and those flippin zombies came in the back door lol! Face facts you be dying a lot in the beginning of the game. IF worse comes to worse, use your stone ax and knock a block or 2 and escape. More then likely , you can choose the first house you spawn near at. You can always move later , if you wish too.

when you start scavenging, make sure to scrap the things that gives you lead,brass or iron because you will need these thing later in the game to craft bullet for example.

So it's better to scrap vs. smelting ? Because i had wonder about that, thanks:)

Yes definetly...also saves on bag space early on too

So can you eventually get more bag space w/bigger backpacks or are you stuck with what you got in the beginning. I know when you get a mini bike it expands your inventory a bit. But I am talking in the very beginning of the game.

So can you eventually get more bag space w/bigger backpacks or are you stuck with what you got in the beginning. I know when you get a mini bike it expands your inventory a bit. But I am talking in the very beginning of the game.

right now what you have is all you get. don't know if they will add more backpacks in the future (or if it is modded ofc)

when it comes to challenges you can wait to do them , like when killing the nurses it's best to wait until your near a nurse spawn point. Because your also timed to do them. Plus it's an extra "free" skill point and you can't re-do the challenges, except re-starting a new game.

- - - Updated - - -

right now what you have is all you get. don't know if they will add more backpacks in the future (or if it is modded ofc)

K, Thanks:)

I have no idea tbh...im sure they may add bigger backpacks in the future. I find inventory space is my downfall...i empty before going exploring and within a while its full again...trying to not pick up everything i find but im one of those people who thinks theres a use for everything lol

I have no idea tbh...im sure they may add bigger backpacks in the future. I find inventory space is my downfall...i empty before going exploring and within a while its full again...trying to not pick up everything i find but im one of those people who thinks theres a use for everything lol

Same here and I think we can kinda blame the Fallout/Skyrim games for wanting to pick up everything lol! I empty it all say for food an water and medical supplies and clothing. It doesn't take long before mine get's filled quickly though. I am in a winter biome, so I can get hypothermia very quickly and die.

yeah that is the worst lol...I hate it when I find an item I really want and my inventory is full. All you can do then is decided which of your items you can do without.

yeah that is the worst lol...I hate it when I find an item I really want and my inventory is full. All you can do then is decided which of your items you can do without.

Lol same thing happened to me earlier....decided on disposing of 6 eggs for a padlock....my son scorned me as he wanted to make bacon n eggs

Im pretty sure ive read somewhere that the zombie hordes tend to attack the same side of your base every 7th night....if it is indeed the case, take note on the 7th night so you can plan ahead

I've only been attacked on the same side of my base at least twice. Those would be Days 7 and 14. After that it has always been a random side of base. So it's always good to fortify every side equally, or you could do what I did with my friends, build a scrap iron tower not too far from your base with iron bars for "windows" in which you can shoot out of as well as some sort of bridge with a door you can jump out of if the tower is compromised. Surround it by about 4 rows of wood spikes all the way around and barbed wire fences to finish it off.

My tips/tricks:

I've noticed that every two days before the 7th night, a small pack of dogs will attack your base indicating that you have 48 hours until Blood Moon. If someone could confirm this for me, it'd be much appreciated.

If you're building a base, try to make it about 3-5 blocks high in the air, as the only zombie capable of climbing is the spider zombie. (unless some others glitch their way up)

Also, a big tip, stay well stocked on ammo and weapons and at first rely heavily on melee weapons because after day 49 every night I get 7 day hordes and occasionally some during the day. So without guns and ammo it can be pretty overwhelming. Also, kill the spider and screamer zombies first as they tend to spawn more hordes.

Me and my friends are currently on Day 59 and we've been forced to start building a concrete base because all of these random hordes deal a reasonable amount of damage to our scrap iron tower as well as our wooden base. We figured it's best to make a concrete base which would result in less resources being used for repairs.

A huge tip just in general, always mark on your map or just go for the air drops. They contain a lot of useful items such as weapons, weapon parts, med-kits, bandages, ect..

That's all the tips/tricks I've got as of right now. So if anyone knows something that I don't, please feel free to share! :)

I've only been attacked on the same side of my base at least twice. Those would be Days 7 and 14. After that it has always been a random side of base. So it's always good to fortify every side equally, or you could do what I did with my friends, build a scrap iron tower not too far from your base with iron bars for "windows" in which you can shoot out of as well as some sort of bridge with a door you can jump out of if the tower is compromised. Surround it by about 4 rows of wood spikes all the way around and barbed wire fences to finish it off.

My tips/tricks:

I've noticed that every two days before the 7th night, a small pack of dogs will attack your base indicating that you have 48 hours until Blood Moon. If someone could confirm this for me, it'd be much appreciated.

If you're building a base, try to make it about 3-5 blocks high in the air, as the only zombie capable of climbing is the spider zombie. (unless some others glitch their way up)

Also, a big tip, stay well stocked on ammo and weapons and at first rely heavily on melee weapons because after day 49 every night I get 7 day hordes and occasionally some during the day. So without guns and ammo it can be pretty overwhelming. Also, kill the spider and screamer zombies first as they tend to spawn more hordes.

Me and my friends are currently on Day 59 and we've been forced to start building a concrete base because all of these random hordes deal a reasonable amount of damage to our scrap iron tower as well as our wooden base. We figured it's best to make a concrete base which would result in less resources being used for repairs.

A huge tip just in general, always mark on your map or just go for the air drops. They contain a lot of useful items such as weapons, weapon parts, med-kits, bandages, ect..

That's all the tips/tricks I've got as of right now. So if anyone knows something that I don't, please feel free to share! :)

Ahh...that clears that up then...i have no experience past day 7 really...most of my games have either been bugged or wanted something done differently. Started a random gen earlier and building my own base..hopefully ill stick to this playthrough

yes, that is a dog horde...they start on day 5 and occur every 7 days after (Day 5, Day 12, Day 19, Day 26, etc)

Im pretty sure ive read somewhere that the zombie hordes tend to attack the same side of your base every 7th night....if it is indeed the case, take note on the 7th night so you can plan ahead

yeah, I went trough 2 hordes and both time they attacked the same door and the third horde didn't spawned or did and got lost somewhere:highly_amused:

Anyone able to shed some light on the skills....what you think we shoulds spend our points on etc....would help immensely

I personnaly started with stamina then upgraded the skills I needed to go furter in the game like leather working. but I have no clue if its the best way to upgrade.

Anyone able to shed some light on the skills....what you think we shoulds spend our points on etc....would help immensely

Hey! So I've put quite some time into the game since the console release. Now at first I was just like you and really didn't know what skills to get. So about mid game I learned (IMO) that the best skills to invest in are as follows (in no specific order)

1. The Survivor

2. Run Forest Run

3. The Camel

4. Concrete Mixing

5. Steel Smithing

6. All Ammo Type Crafting

7. Leather Tanning

8. Fast Eddie

9. Quality Joe

10. Scavenging

11. Treasure Hunter

12. Workbench

13. Quicker Crafting

& 14. The Fixer

Now I know that's a lot of skills, points and leveling to do, hell, I haven't even gotten them all yet lol. But I find these skills in particular very useful as they have certainly saved my a** multiple times :)

I personnaly started with stamina then upgraded the skills I needed to go furter in the game like leather working. but I have no clue if its the best way to upgrade.

Hey! So I've put quite some time into the game since the console release. Now at first I was just like you and really didn't know what skills to get. So about mid game I learned (IMO) that the best skills to invest in are as follows (in no specific order)

1. The Survivor

2. Run Forest Run

3. The Camel

4. Concrete Mixing

5. Steel Smithing

6. All Ammo Type Crafting

7. Leather Tanning

8. Fast Eddie

9. Quality Joe

10. Scavenging

11. Treasure Hunter

12. Workbench

13. Quicker Crafting

& 14. The Fixer

Now I know that's a lot of skills, points and leveling to do, hell, I haven't even gotten them all yet lol. But I find these skills in particular very useful as they have certainly saved my a** multiple times :)

Thank you both for the replies....at work atm so when i get on later ill take your info into great consideration. Just started a fresh random gen...on day atm so wont have too many point just yet :)

So it's better to scrap vs. smelting ? Because i had wonder about that, thanks:)

For the new people console or not, don't scrap anything brass unless you have to. Always smelt any brass you get if you can. When you scrap it you only get a percentage of the items total brass value, versus smelting it where you get its total brass value.

Archived