Tips and Tricks Console Version Ps4

another useful tip would be to stay away from bears... they have a lot like A LOT of health. it will take you like 10 gunshots IN THE HEAD to kill one! so stick to deers and pigs until you became the terminator or something.

Hey! So I've put quite some time into the game since the console release. Now at first I was just like you and really didn't know what skills to get. So about mid game I learned (IMO) that the best skills to invest in are as follows (in no specific order)

1. The Survivor

2. Run Forest Run

3. The Camel

4. Concrete Mixing

5. Steel Smithing

6. All Ammo Type Crafting

7. Leather Tanning

8. Fast Eddie

9. Quality Joe

10. Scavenging

11. Treasure Hunter

12. Workbench

13. Quicker Crafting

& 14. The Fixer

Now I know that's a lot of skills, points and leveling to do, hell, I haven't even gotten them all yet lol. But I find these skills in particular very useful as they have certainly saved my a** multiple times :)

One I find very useful that you left off your list is Miner69er.....good for gathering stone and other ores because I don't know about anyone else but I seem to use a lot of it. (Stone)

Tip for fighting a bear...

Once engaged he will pause then rage towards you and after each shot with a bow he tends to stop then re-charge at us...as hes charging quickly place wood spikes in his path. He will take damage and try to bypass/break while taking damage from the spikes and your bow.

Works well for me so far

Finding Clay in the snow bio.

If in the snow bio and are looking for clay try heading for the base of a hill or mountain and dig down at an angle till you reach dirt. Dig about a bit in a few directions and if you hit clay come out of your hole and place a pole 3 high with wooden blocks so you do not loose your place when it snows. Should look like Dirt with grass mixed in.

On getting your first stone axe, collect more fibres, destroy one boulder completely and fell one tree, immediately start crafting more stone axes. They increase fairly quickly and it's not hard to make a quality 20 one shortly after starting. This is dramatically better than a quality 1 tool.

During the first couple of days, collect wood, stone and fibres. Then overnight spam craft stone axes and wooden clubs. This raises your skill in Tool Smithing and Weapon Crafting. If you work at it, you can get to Blue level (400) by day 7.

You can place iron bars horizontally and then walk on them and shoot through them. So you can place spikes below and shoot down. Zombies aim to get to you, so if you're above them, they won't attack your walls. Just watch out for Structural Integrity.

You can craft a Blunderbuss and create ammo for it straight away. Gunpowder is Coal and Potassium Nitrate, relatively common above ground. Just be aware that it's relatively close range, and makes a lot of noise, so if you use it, you'll pull a lot of other zombies in the area.

Short Metal Pipes can be mined from toilets. A bone shiv is a way of extracting hides from animals (and zombie dogs), you can axe any corpse (including dead bodies) to get a bone. This means that when you start, create an axe, loot the body at the spawn point, and then axe the body to get your first bone.

you can cure stage 1 dysentery with vitamins, so if you find some, and are short on water, you can drink murky water (or directly from a water source) and then take vitamins to cure the dysentery.

I can't claim most of these as my ideas, I watch a Lets Player on Youtube (Kage848) and he provided some of the tips.

Anyone able to shed some light on the skills....what you think we shoulds spend our points on etc....would help immensely

I went with the treasure hunting skill first , I think I put 2 points in it. Then , I switched to survival skills. Especially Health Nut, some players will put into better loot first. But since this game is about SURVIVAL , I would start there first. When I play any role playing games, that's what I usually do first. I up my health,magic, stamina etc.....

Nothing having to worry about food and water and stamina all the time, makes it a lot easier to explore the game and survive. P.S. I am not currently logged into my game, plus I don't have all of them memorized either? But I am sure someone can tell you the names, of those other skills.

1. You can have infinite water. Place some hay bales or some block in a square making a mini pool. Grab a water bucket and fill it up somewhere. Then go back to your pool you made and empty in there. Mess around with it and you'll get the idea.

2. If you lose something that you drop because you can't see it if you hold the pick up button it acts like a vacuum.

Im pretty sure ive read somewhere that the zombie hordes tend to attack the same side of your base every 7th night....if it is indeed the case, take note on the 7th night so you can plan ahead

This is true, I am on day 28 and every horde they always come from the north every 7 days. So I set up a minefield in the direction they come and sit back and watch the fireworks.

This is true, I am on day 28 and every horde they always come from the north every 7 days. So I set up a minefield in the direction they come and sit back and watch the fireworks.

Sweet 😂....just started a fresh map on RG..hoping my theory works out because i have a cunning plan 🤔

- - - Updated - - -

If in the snow bio and are looking for clay try heading for the base of a hill or mountain and dig down at an angle till you reach dirt. Dig about a bit in a few directions and if you hit clay come out of your hole and place a pole 3 high with wooden blocks so you do not loose your place when it snows. Should look like Dirt with grass mixed in.

Surely just check your map....white blobs are clay....brown is stone/iron...grey is stone...black is coal

- - - Updated - - -

Need to learn to unquote

Well we made it to the next horde night, standing along the north wall waiting for zombies to hit our mines. They changed it up and attacked us from the east wall. Totally threw us off lol I even fell, ran for the door with two ferals on my ass, couldn't get the door shut and then died.

For the new people console or not, don't scrap anything brass unless you have to. Always smelt any brass you get if you can. When you scrap it you only get a percentage of the items total brass value, versus smelting it where you get its total brass value.

Dont scrap at all if you can help it as you say scapping looses value but its not just brass lead is the same ;)

For the new people console or not, don't scrap anything brass unless you have to. Always smelt any brass you get if you can. When you scrap it you only get a percentage of the items total brass value, versus smelting it where you get its total brass value.

Damn I never knew this, I always just scrapped the brass I had so I can free up inventory space.

• 1 month later...
Hey! So I've put quite some time into the game since the console release. Now at first I was just like you and really didn't know what skills to get. So about mid game I learned (IMO) that the best skills to invest in are as follows (in no specific order)

1. The Survivor

2. Run Forest Run

3. The Camel

4. Concrete Mixing

5. Steel Smithing

7. Leather Tanning

8. Fast Eddie

9. Quality Joe

10. Scavenging

11. Treasure Hunter

12. Workbench

13. Quicker Crafting

& 14. The Fixer

Now I know that's a lot of skills, points and leveling to do, hell, I haven't even gotten them all yet lol. But I find these skills in particular very useful as they have certainly saved my a** multiple times :)

What about sexual tyrannosaurus? That is the most important in my opinion.

This is incorrect.

I am on day 33, and my hordes have come 3 different directions already.

Also as already stated, do not scrap items, smelt them down for the most effect.

Just to say if you look on the map you will see lots of white spots these are clay spots at ground level

Sorry if duplicating previous ideas but here are my tips;

1) In early days avoid Zombies at all costs. Use stealth mode at night (R3 on PS4).

2) Manufacture a stack of stone axes, each time you craft one it increases its rank.

3) Same with wooden bows but manufacture all the arrows you can first.

4) Try to make your first base in or near a house with a swimming pool. Source of water for you.

5) On 7th night don't bother getting your base trashed. Find a two storey house with an attic. Hide in attic and let the house get trashed rather than your base.

6) I don't bother keeping brown ranked weapon parts in the beginning, good source of scrap iron. You will soon discover better quality parts.

7) Cooked meat, corn on Cob, meat stew, boiled eggs are some of the ones that increase your wellness rank which in turn increases your stamina rank.

8) No need to chase airdrops all the time. They wont disappear.

9) Skills I spend on first is Scavenger & Quality Joe. Always try to max out.

10) Look out for tree stumps. They usually have good items in them.

Scraping

So it's better to scrap vs. smelting ? Because i had wonder about that, thanks:)

No it is not better to scrap items (unless you really need the space). Never scrap brass items tho. The ratio to scraping verses smelting it huge, don't remember what it is. (But if you smelt a radiator you get about 50 brass compared to scraping it you get about 5 brass) and brass is a rare resource. (But if your just starting out I wouldn't worry about brass as you need a forge with calibers)

Anyone able to shed some light on the skills....what you think we shoulds spend our points on etc....would help immensely

Miner 69er. (Stamina is very important in the beginning. The survivor perk) don't invest point into the skills that take 1 point, only the ones that take 10points. And don't invest in the amMO types(they take 5 each) until you are ready to craft said ammo (when you are settled in and have found calibers).

On my one play through im on day 150something and didon't find calibers until day 135 then I unlocked the ammo perks.

Don't worry about the water perk if you have a water source or know how to do the unlimited water source ( 1×1 block hOle with an water pale and if you hit L2 fast enough you can refill your bucket and have water in the ground still)

And if you tend to die alot don't worry about your wellness until you think you can survive a long period of time (your health and stamina drop 10 points everytime you die)

And when you get a forge and some materials invest in the steel perk to craft better tools and weapons.

• 2 months later...

Mining.

1. The Survivor

2. Run Forest Run

3. The Camel

4. Concrete Mixing

5. Steel Smithing

7. Leather Tanning

8. Fast Eddie

9. Quality Joe

10. Scavenging

11. Treasure Hunter

12. Workbench

13. Quicker Crafting

& 14. The Fixer

Don't forget mining and miner 69er. Mining the ground under you base will help you bet lead and other important minerals. Also it's a great way to level up.

In your starting days, when you are producing loads of stone axes to get your construction tools up, place a wood frame (or any other frame) and put a secure wooden chest on top (must not be up against a wall or will not work). Fill the chest with all the stone axes you make and once full, remove the frame. The chest will then be in mid air so will drop and self destruct, along with all the useless axes you just made. Rinse and repeat. Note the chest will be destroyed each time so you will need to build a few chests before starting the process.

• 2 weeks later...

After you get good stone axes you can bust up boulders for stone, Iron, and skill points. sometimes got 20 just doing a few before night comes. Also collect 1,500 plant fibers for at night when you have nothing to do, craft plant fiber pants in batches and scrap them, builds up tailoring skills and you get skill points as well. Cobblestone frames and cobblestone are good until you can make cement.

Archived