Tips and Tricks Console Version Ps4

• 4 weeks later...

steps are here. kinda pointless but awesome to watch.

1. start a game in creative mode.

2. give yourself 1 full stack of fuel barrels

3. give yourself an auger and arrows with a bow.

4. dig all the way down to bedrock with auger. (trophy awarded). be careful not to go too fast. you can be killed that way.

5. look straight down and while jumping place fuel barrels below you boosting you back to the surface.

6. shoot top explosive barrel and enjoy the show.

it makes a pretty decent size hole in the ground and will start shooting gas barrels into the air which is funny to see. the hole it makes is great for building a mine shaft or spiral staircase.

NOTE: this method not recommend for survival mode. obviously...

Psychological first

Be afriad,get perenoid,be warry

Melee Weapon of choice:hunting knifes( alot will disagree ) i consider blunt weapons easy to use specialy for beginners its very effective for self defense

Got ammo / weapons early ? save them i advise to get good with bows silent roaming is critical specialy if you are on harder difficulty

Use skill points wisely dont spend them on trainables skills ever survivor and camel is good option for a start so you cant save time roaming early on and not wasting much on hunting and looking for specfics

Last make plans for tommorow i mean you write them down before you even start playing as it will give a mission fucosing everthing you got into it without distraction (its key)

• 4 weeks later...

ok some of these were previously listed but im just going to fire off a few ideas in case they havent been covered or they were read over earlier:

ALWAYS keep crafting, no matter what, no matter when. if you want great tools churn out axes over and over and over, want weapons? make stack upon stack of arrows. i typically go with arrows because they stack and you can never have enough projectiles (unless your one of those melee weirdos) even if your just making plant fiber clothes over and over, you will not only level up that specific trait but as you keep leveling up different attributes your player level will keep increasing. never stop crafting.

Learn to recycle-craft. It sounds odd but especially while your just chillin at your base over nite make 10 of something then break them down upon completion for the materials and restart the process. This will make it so your materials dont run out as fast but your constantly getting roughly 2/3-3/4 of the items back, leather boots for example cost 5 leather but give you back 3 leather upon breaking them down.

Using the always-crafting mentality you can churn out level 200 equipment in just 18-36 hours depending on how you play.

Do not scrap things unless you need to, especially things that have brass and lead. For example a car radiator will only give you 7.5 brass per scrap but smelted on the forge it gives you significantly more (i think 50-60 units) per item, this applies to trophies, batteries, and so on. this does not apply to ALL things, such as lead fishing weights which have the same outcome, scrapped or smelted, but holds true for 80% of the other items.

ALWAYS make the higher quality food, sure it seems to make sense to have 2 charred meats and 4 boiled eggs, i mean hell you now have 6 items, but that is not the case. make eggs and bacon instead, the fullness rating is way better and it adds a lot to the wellness. stews are GREAT for this too. Cornbread is good too (especialy on navesgane with the massive corn farm) while it seems like it doesnt offer a lot, keep in mind that its easy to make, doesnt fill you up but you can eat a lot at once and CRANK up your wellness. Not as stellar as eggs and bakey but it also doesnt have a scent if you bring them for travels.

Water is great for sprinting, not only does it make you feel like a marathon runner chugging jars of water in stride, but it also adds a nice chunk of stamina back (20-30 each cup) and you dont have to stop to use it. Yucca is good too, as it adds 10stamina but only fullness so you can just keep nomming away over and over. Beer is a life saver, it gives a fat stamina boost initially and the stamina regen while its in effect is amazing, you really cant run out of stamina while having a good buzz going. This is extremely useful if you wander a lot but dont have bikes yet.

Always search toilets and tree stumps, they usually have goodies and for some odd reason have a higher pistol spawn rate than a lot of other containers, why pistols are hidden in toilets is anyones guess though.

Learn to make your own ammo instead of waiting for the game to provide. This may seem like a laborious process, however hunt down ever shred of nitrate and coal you can find, nitrate being the more uncommon to come across, and just mass produce gunpowder. after about 1000 or 2000 your level will be high enough to spit out 9mm rounds, make them by the 100s until you unlock shotgun, then 7.62. Shotgun ammo is oddly the easist to make and requires the least amount of resources that are more obnoxious to find for other bullets, plus having 200 shells on you makes you feel really badass, untill that one a-hole bear disagrees. 7.62 rounds cost more gunpowder but hunting and sniper rifles are way worth it. i personally stay away from making 10mm rounds as they are only used in the smg, and i personally dont use automatics often. Reason for this? One magazine of ak47 has 30 7.62 rounds in them. Each round takes 3 gp, one brass and one lead, each gp needs 2 nitrate and 2 coal... so doing the math one clip of ak47 requires 180 coal 180 nitrate and 30 lead and 30 brass, and you just emptied the clip in 5 seconds.... see where im going here?

Also the blunderbuss in my exp is a huge waste of time, even though its impressively loud

when building a wall around you base utilize iron bars in its construction at the top like so:

[]__

[]

[]

[]

(the [] are wall blocks the _ is the bars, jutting out from the side of the top block)

why do we do this? few reasons.... it gives a better walking area around the top of your wall so you dont accidentally fall into your own spikes, you can shoot through them, and most importantly since they overhang the wall spiders USUALY cannot make it up and over, as their wall climbing is fairly linear.

they cost a bit in resources, but trust, the bars are completely worth it

and lastly...

ALWAYS BE A TEAM PLAYER. theres up 4 of you in the map and you really dont need to keep that 40 meat and spare gun parts you arent using to yourself, someone might need it more than you. being a hoarder isnt just a ♥♥♥♥ move but screws over the entire team. also you can all do specific crafting for each other, for example: person A will handle all weapons, person B will do all tools, person C armor and so on. im not saying not to craft anything that your not assigned to, but when your all in the first week still and pumping out 400+ equipment for eachother it makes the game a breeze.

theres so so so so much more to list, so ill add another post later on, but i hope this helps for now.

The best tips for someone just starting out begins with setting your game up.

Set your spawn options to low or very low to allow you to get a feel for the game before getting demolished by tons of zombies. If you are running low on supplies like brass or food, set loot to 200%. This will double the amount of items you get for most things. Leave block durability at 100%. These things can all be changed at any time by logging out and back in and choosing continue game options.

Once in the game, garden hoes clear dirt faster than a shovel, so if you find one, you'll love it.

Save challenges for horde nights. Read them all right before horde night kicks off and you should complete them all before the time limit is up giving you the bonus skill points.

Never connect a ladder to the ground. Always leave one block at the bottom of a ladder empty, and jump on the ladder to get up. This prevents zombies from climbing up. The best place to hide early on is a house with an attic. Chop out the bottom of the wooden. Ladder inside and hide for the night., Works good for getting caught out scavenging late and losing track of the time.

Make storage chests and put them in an attic so you can scavenge a town and keep your loot safe. This will allow you to have a loot drop point so you can take only the best or most important stuff back to your base and be able to return any time you want to get the rest.

Stay away from bombed out cities otherwise known as hub cities early on. Bees, dogs, cops and ferals will rip you to shreds and this just happens to be their home. If playing on random gen maps, they are located at or near 0,0 on the map.

Scrapping items like for brass, lead and iron early on is recommended, but should be saved for smelting later on when you have a forge and can craft bullets.

Chop the wood in fireplaces and burning embers on the ground in burned out zones for wood and coal.

You can't pick up landmines anymore, so don't even try. They will one shot you till you have about 200 health.

And last but not least, read the stickied article on structural integrity. It will save you lots of headache when building bases and digging mines. Not to mention save you tons of materials.

Good luck out there..... You'll need it till you get the hang of it all. And above all else, have fun, play your way and this game will be worth every penny you spent on it.

• 5 months later...
So does any console players have any tips and tricks to share with the "noobs" it can include crafting,perks, strategy etc....

It seem like they need a lot of help. In playing the console version? P.S. This covers the PS4 version only, for the Xbone version someone will have to start a thread to cover that?

More than welcome to come join me and I'll show ya the ropes and some skill. Poleclimbing is my PSN.

Any advice on how to make a chem station ? And how to make fertilizer??? I just can't figure it out!

You make the chem station in the workbench. You'll need 2 beakers, a gas barrel, & I forget what else but it'll tell you in the workbench list of recipes.

Fertilizer is VERY SLOW to craft no matter where you make it. I make mine in the chem station so I don't tie up my cement mixer. It took days just to make 12 fertilizer!!

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here.

As soon as you can, start a farm. You can find Goldenrod/Mums very easily. Start growing them on tilled soil to stock up for making tea. If you have a cooking pot early, make tea all the time. In this scenario, don't waste perk points on Camel/SexyTyran/HealthNut. The tea will increase your HP/Stam pool and you start with 100/200 pools anyway. If you have a problem dying a lot, then consider only taking HealthNut.

Do not consume more than 2 Snowberries back to back and wait at least 90 seconds before eating more.

Break EVERY small boulder. This is probably the best source for iron day 1 and will remain the best source for lead for the rest of the game at this time.

Conserve wrenches, found in cars, sinks, Working Stiffs POI until you can craft them. Use them to snag yourself a forge or 2 early on if luck is on your side. Weaken a forge from a POI with your axe then finish it off with the wrench. Fast way to also get a grill and cooking pot if luck has not been on your side, just make 1 of each in the forge.

Don't run forges/mixers/stations where you spend the most time for screamer control until you have confidence/resources to no longer care.

Start crafting cloth armor right away to increase the perk, will help on repairing results later.

The poncho is a great item to craft if you spend time in wasteland/desert regions or to afk next to a forge. Additionally, tank tops and shorts/skirts further reduce the temperature buildup - beware when you go to cooler regions or overnight underground, you will get cold.

Avoid using the minibike to kill Z or animals. The bike takes significant damage from the impacts. EXCEPTION - those dame dogs.

Barb wire is best dog defense.

Alternative is catwalks with railings. (cred to Skippy0330 for this discovery) 8/3 PS4 Lets Play vid.

Cops will shake and then burst run when fixing to explode...keep watch. Hard to tell on Horde night since they always run. You can stagger lock them if you have good aim and the ammo.

Ferals and dogs always run....

Level up blunt weapons and bladed weapons by cutting the grass.

Can also increase your athletics by punching the grass.

Learn to use the crouch fog for detection awareness. There is a darkish haze halo when you crouch and are undetected. As soon as you are sensed or detected that haze disappears. Head on a swivel alert.

Most importantly, go check out the PC Pro-Tips thread for more!

Lastly - console specific - the left D-pad is bound to the first 3 toolbelt slots

Up is slot 1

Right is slot 2

Down is slot 3

Using these maps makes it faster than bumper cycling in a bind.

• 5 months later...
whaaaat I never got that dog hord and Im on day 25....

one thing to say about dogs find a bone that's not a joke get a bone make a skve knife thing skin the dog you will need to know that better I think then hunting if you have not got a gun that is you can kill a dog with your hands or a bat fast

Archived