A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Thanks. i have a question on the terrain gen. does it gen cave systems? what i mean is if i was to dig a big hole down a mountain could i find a large cave structure?

The caves in the game are only prefabs like the bunkers, the caves dont work like they used to where they were actually part of the generation so you have to find the caves just like you find any other POI like campsites. You will see small flat circle and it will appear to have no POI there but it will have a small hole in the ground. So no mountains wont have caves deep under them but it is possible for a cave POI to spawn on a mountain side.

Thanks. i have a question on the terrain gen. does it gen cave systems? what i mean is if i was to dig a big hole down a mountain could i find a large cave structure?

I want the old cave systems back. Maybe people will make new cave systems in creative, and they can be added to the combo pack!

I havent gotten many books to drop, keep an eye on that as you play. Progression is nice and slow, but i find myself just grinding alot.

I want the old cave systems back. Maybe people will make new cave systems in creative, and they can be added to the combo pack!

I havent gotten many books to drop, keep an eye on that as you play. Progression is nice and slow, but i find myself just grinding alot.

Caves would be great if they could be properly generated with the terrain, prefabs i dont like but will have to do, Yeah I like the grind of getting skills up, and books are here and there I have gotten a few in my small sample of play testing and that is with next to no scavenging skill too.

So why is it easier for zombies to go thru a steel door then a steel fence. I have been watching them eat thru the door but hardly ever get thru the fence. oh BTW always wondered how flesh and dead blood could beat thru steel and a wooden club can knock off a arm or leg.

So why is it easier for zombies to go thru a steel door then a steel fence. I have been watching them eat thru the door but hardly ever get thru the fence. oh BTW always wondered how flesh and dead blood could beat thru steel and a wooden club can knock off a arm or leg.

Metal doors HP are currently balanced properly and they have multiple stages even if some prefabs use the tier 1 metal door which will have 1000Hp

The fences were overlooked along with every other block that was being extended from corrugatedMetalNoUpgradeMaster

I have now fixed all the blocks that extend from that block.

If zombies could not use their flesh and bone to break through blocks the game would not work, you would build one concrete wall and never have to worry again. Good luck knocking off a leg with a wood club I have decreased there dismemberment bonus chance for legs both upper and lower, maybe an arm though they are rotting flesh after all.

Thanks for letting me know about the fences.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (7/30/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed material of corrugatedMetalNoUpgradeMaster to 1000HP

-Fixed HP values of all blocks that extend from corrugatedMetalNoUpgradeMaster that should have 500Hp (these blocks consist of metalRailing, chainLink, fusebox, conduit01, burningBarrelPlayer, and barStool)

Btw i think i found some bugs:

1 after craft wet cloth i losing jar (hard to explain for me.. should be i think -> water jar+cloth fragment= wet cloth +empty jar)same this another recipe.Not big deal late game but early jars are important (but still im thinking we start stinking to fast)

2 cant cook wolf meat in campfire

Me and my big mouth. now my chain link is toast. the breaking thru metal and earth in the zombie movies really bothered me. You could use a baseball bat and kill these guys but they could eat thru metal and earth with out loosing any body parts. unless they were gifted with invulnerability which is unlikely wear and tear should have most laying on the ground in pieces. time should be our friend. decay would do a lot in just wiping out the zombies. BTW im having a hard time moving water around, my basement was full and i have been doing buckets. but dumping the water in a hole is a real challenge to find the right place. anyway to dump on the same spot to fill in a huge hole?

Btw i think i found some bugs:

1 after craft wet cloth i losing jar (hard to explain for me.. should be i think -> water jar+cloth fragment= wet cloth +empty jar)same this another recipe.Not big deal late game but early jars are important (but still im thinking we start stinking to fast)

2 cant cook wolf meat in campfire

The wet cloth is a recipe and so you can not have two outputs from a recipe so yes you will lose the jar that is intended.

Fixed the wolf meat now added all the recipes for grilled, boiled and charred thank you for letting me know!

- - - Updated - - -

Me and my big mouth. now my chain link is toast. the breaking thru metal and earth in the zombie movies really bothered me. You could use a baseball bat and kill these guys but they could eat thru metal and earth with out loosing any body parts. unless they were gifted with invulnerability which is unlikely wear and tear should have most laying on the ground in pieces. time should be our friend. decay would do a lot in just wiping out the zombies. BTW im having a hard time moving water around, my basement was full and i have been doing buckets. but dumping the water in a hole is a real challenge to find the right place. anyway to dump on the same spot to fill in a huge hole?

Its easiest to place a block beside the hole and dump the water against the block then it will fall down into the hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (7/30/17)

+Recipes

-Added missing Charred, Grilled, and Boiled Wolf Meat

How about adding recipes to this food cans like bowl of chili, tuna ect. (same hunger stat but no negative welness)(campfire craft. Can+ bowl= something ? Im not force You to do it just asking;)

i will think about it but currently food and survival are one of the main aspects in this mod, and since charred food gives a tiny bit of wellness it will offset any wellness loss taken from canned food.

Until i get my nutrition system implemented that is. If I can get my nutrition system working as intended I will introduce more food variety and no longer will food directly decrease wellness but rather your nutrition level will.

How about adding recipes to this food cans like bowl of chili, tuna ect. (same hunger stat but no negative welness)(campfire craft. Can+ bowl= something ? Im not force You to do it just asking;)

I was thinking about this too. Early in the game, animals are hard to come by and you can't make a hoe that fast to start gardening, so all you have is canned food or sham sandwiches or rotting flesh. None of which are good options. But then again, the difficulty is meant to be higher... Mixed feelings from me.

Also, nice to see the wolf meat got added in, I completely forgot that I had added those myself when I was playing! Admittedly I've not been playing much recently so I've not kept the mode up to date.

Again, keep up the good work, it'a amazing all the amount f time and effort you have put into this for us all to enjoy Clockwork :smile-new:

Update (7/30/17)

+Items

-Changed some items are no longer sellable to traders these items include:

-torch

-paintTool

-arrow (only the stone one)

-rockSmall

-turd

-bandage

-brokenGlass

-Raw corn

-Raw Venison

-Charred_Venison

-Raw potato

-blueberries

-mushrooms

-wood

-crushedSand

-scrapIron

-scrapPlastics

-oilShale

-aloePlant

-chrysanthemumPlant

-scrapBrass

-scrapLead

-clayLump

-cloth

-paper

-cottonPlant

-goldenrodPlant

-snowberryPlant

-feather

-coal

-potassiumNitratePowder

-nail

-animalFat

-canEmpty

-emptyJar

-coffeeBeans

-Tomato

-Wheat

-Chicken_Feed

-Schematic_Page

-Ink

-Trowel

-Compost

-Flour

-Cordage

-Mortar_and_Pestle

-Raw Bear Meat

-Raw Pork

-Raw Rabbit

-Raw Chicken

-wolfMeatRaw

-Charred_Bear

-Charred_Pork

-Charred_Rabbit

-Charred_Chicken

-wolfMeatCharred

-Wet Towel

-Wet Cloth

+Traders

-Added Ink and Omnigel to now be sold at traders

Update (7/30/17)

+Blocks

-Changed economic value of trash bin to 20 from 40 (the small one)

-Changed some blocks are no longer sellable to traders these blocks include:

-All Seeds (are actually blocks so all crop seeds)

-trapSpikesNew (Stick Spikes)

-woodLogSpike1

-secureDoorWooden

-cntSecureStorageChest

-ladderWood

-hayBaleBlock

-woodFenceSheet

-woodFenceFarmSheet

-whitePicketFenceSheet

-wroughtIronFenceSheet

-woodHatch1_v1

-cntStorageGeneric

-woodRailing

-woodTable

-bedroll

Update (7/30/17)

-Buffs

-Changed infection no longer has stamina loss, instead each progressive stage of infection will make you tired faster

-Reduced health lost penalty for first stage of infection to 1hp lost every 60 seconds from 1hp lost every 30 seconds (This is to compensate for beds now requiring antibiotics to counter health loss during an infection.)

-Slightly reduced stamina loss penalty for fist stage of tiredness

-Changed sleeping bag health recovery to 1 hp every 60 seconds from 1 hp every 30 seconds (This buff is only applied while both infected and under the influence of antibiotics.)

-Changed medium sized bed (mattress, single bed) health recovery to 1 hp every 30 seconds from 1 hp every 15 seconds (This buff is only applied while both infected and under the influence of antibiotics.)

-Changed large sized bed (Double bed) health recovery to 1 hp every 15 seconds from 1 hp every 5 seconds (This buff is only applied while both infected and under the influence of antibiotics.)

-Changed all beds and bed roll now give a flat 1 stamina every 5 seconds recovery bonus while both infected and under the influence of antibiotics.

Note: Antibiotics include, honey poultice, herbal antibiotics and antibiotcs

Update (7/30/17)

+Recipes

-Changed honey poultice to now only requires 1 aloe plant, and 1 jar of honey (removed potato and empty jar as required ingredients)

+Entityclasses

-Fixed Feral nurse now uses the same lootgroup as the regular nurse

-Fixed Fat Female zombie now uses the fat zombie loot group instead of the farmer loot group

+Entitygroups

-Changed Farmer zombie now can have an equal chance of spawning with the regular zombies in the zombiesAll spawn group

+Loot

-Added jars of honey will now drop in fat zombie loot group

-Added jars of honey will now drop in farmer loot group

-Removed wheat, goldenrod, and cotton from farmCrops lootgroup (This lootgroup is only used by the zombie farmer)

-Added yucca fruit, aloe plant, and mushrooms to the farmCrops lootgroup

These changes combined should help you to fight early game infection by making honey and aloe more accesable without needing to find a desert for aloe and needing to grow or find a potato etc.

Update (7/30/17)

+Entityclasses

-Added corpse block chance to dogs and bears

-Reverted Fat Female zombie loot group (She and the farmer are the only two with the same lootgroup, there are already several with the fat zombie lootgroup)

+Entitygroups

-Changed zombie cheerleader and old timer in ZombiesAll Spawn group to now have the same spawn chance as the rest of the normal zombies to add more variety

+Loot

-Changed Farmer zombie loot probabilities and items

-Added honey to junk loot

-Changed honey probability for fat zombie loot

These balance changes should be ok now, its hard to judge with a small sample size when random chance can be misleading at times due to being lucky. I will have more time tomorrow to take a better sample size.

Hey i want ask You when i use ferytilizer at crop is that single use or in the another regrow thay have same half time to grow?

And i today try harvest some extra scrap from cars,thay dont drop any scrap when using pick on them(last stage)?

Wheat where is best place to find this plant?

Hey i want ask You when i use ferytilizer at crop is that single use or in the another regrow thay have same half time to grow?

And i today try harvest some extra scrap from cars,thay dont drop any scrap when using pick on them(last stage)?

Wheat where is best place to find this plant?

yeah fertilizer is one use only per crop plant, the fertilizer upgrades the plants, the same as you would use wood to upgrade a wood frame, and I will look into the pickaxe harvest event for the scrap iron cars soon.

Archived