iCONS

Crock

Can anyone share there icons .. i would like some new ones but i am not good with any 3d programs. The best I can do is Microsoft paint. I can be a repository for everyone. You see I am disabled and I play a lot of 7d2d and i love everyones ideas but, I am not good at any programing either .. I try but I just miss something all the time. I cant even get special groups in g menu to work ( I tried many many times ). Thank you all in advance.

Rock

make an groups folder in your Game/Data/Configs folder

like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\groups

then make an xml called group_...... in that folder

who´s look like this:

<group name=".......">

<item name="......"/>

<item name=".........."/>

<item name=".............."/>

</group>

save it, run game and they should appear in the cheat menu

Can anyone share there icons .. i would like some new ones but i am not good with any 3d programs. The best I can do is Microsoft paint. I can be a repository for everyone. You see I am disabled and I play a lot of 7d2d and i love everyones ideas but, I am not good at any programing either .. I try but I just miss something all the time. I cant even get special groups in g menu to work ( I tried many many times ). Thank you all in advance.

Rock

sting.jpg.237aef6831094b4585038ea12738d3a2.jpg

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Woo!

What, the images? Sure, just... put them all in the same folder. All the images in the ItemIcons will show up in the game. No extra coding or stuff required. If you have two different mods that have two different ItemIcon sets you just need to be merge their ItemIcons folders together. Thats all you need. Hopefully that makes sense.

The Mods folder located in the main install directory. If the folder doesn't exist you need to add it manually.

Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die

The entire address right up to the folder that has the actual images should look something like this:

Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\ItemIconTest\ItemIcons

That help clear it up?

Edit:

I took a peek at the SteelMod to see how they package their icons. They put their icons in a zipfolder called "SteelModIcons". Open this zip. Drag and drop the Mods folder to the game install directory. NOT the same as where the xml files go!

Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die

That should be it.

Thanks Valmar .. You are always a big help. If you know of anyone who would like share there icons, would you please refer them to me or me to them ... I am trying to add more dimension to the game all help would be appreciated. Thanks Rock

Thank you too Pacco. I would like your help with unity or the other program .. which slips my mind right now but you do refer to it with your mods.

The one I shared earlier is the only other iconmod folder I know of. At the risk of sounding arrogant I don't really look at other mods too often - specifically not large mod packs. I imagine you could look at the "big guys" and probably find icon mod folders, though. However I believe this method of adding icons is relatively new to the game so a lot of the older big mods may use the oldschool approach of modding assets. I'm not sure - that's just speculation on my part.

Yes, thank you that helps alot.

Next question and this is not about icons, so if you could either point me to the right post or just answer.

question is, I am using the Steelmod and I have edited the both Degradation and DegradationMax, it was working fine. but today it seems that most of the weapons are using the vanilla value and not the custom value. help plz...

I have been running a server for awhile, but never got too into modding. The closest I used to get was recipes and sometimes installing a modpack. Now i see a lot of mods coming with icon sets. Does this mean that one can install a mod on a server and the custom icons work for anyone joining? This doesn't seem possible, but I am curious.

I have been running a server for awhile, but never got too into modding. The closest I used to get was recipes and sometimes installing a modpack. Now i see a lot of mods coming with icon sets. Does this mean that one can install a mod on a server and the custom icons work for anyone joining? This doesn't seem possible, but I am curious.

No, they won't work for anyone joining. Players dont NEED any mod to installed to play. However if they do not have the iconpack added on their side then any items or blocks that rely on the customicons will be blank to them.

Due to the extra work load, probably. Its what keeps me from making two versions, currently. Beyond that since it doesn't actually break the game or EAC (unlike asset modding) some probably just dont see it as a big deal. Anyone who plays the server and care about the missing icons can just go download the file. It isn't hard - its literally just a drag-and-drop process. Impossible to break anything even if you do it wrong - worse that could happen is that you put it in the wrong folder and don't get the icons.

This could be exceptionally true for any mods that add OPTIONAL content to the game. Like, for example, my expanded storage mod. Its absolutely optional whether or not the player wants to take advantage of them. If they all had customicons anyone who is bothered by them being blank can either get the iconpack or just not use them. They could still play the game the same as vanilla and never notice since that mod does not intrude on them. Its not like they'll be finding blank items in loot or something - its literally something that they'd only see (or rather, not see) if they choose to craft them.

Archived