WalkerSim 2 (Beta)

ZehMatt

1 hour ago, ZehMatt said:

Cool, glad it works. That is indeed a good idea, I will probably try to avoid this dependency in the future, I never really tested this on linux so this was a blind shot so thanks for helping out.

To reiterate. My friends and I have been playing on it since I last posted. And all has been working fine.

Hey, I installed this mod, but I found that zombies are no longer spawning in the map. I want to know if I have to run it on a new map, or can I add it to my current save.

This is a remarkable idea for a mod. My buddy and I are playing with the options, trying to replicate huge wandering herds and we are VERY MUCH liking what we are seeing so far. Very excited to see further updates and more documentation on it. Again, outstanding idea!

7 hours ago, Jie said:

Hey, I installed this mod, but I found that zombies are no longer spawning in the map. I want to know if I have to run it on a new map, or can I add it to my current save.

As far as our tests have gone, it does not need a new map. I can't guarantee our mod lists are equivalent, but I would look elsewhere for why they aren't spawning, and definitely try the "walkersim show" console command.

6 小时前,Dodo 说:

As far as our tests have gone, it does not need a new map. I can't guarantee our mod lists are equivalent, but I would look elsewhere for why they aren't spawning, and definitely try the "walkersim show" console command.

Alright, I'll test it again. I’m not sure if there might be a conflict with other mods I have installed, like zombie enhancement mods, or if it's because I'm playing on a custom map created by players. I'm not sure, but I really haven't encountered many zombies.

Edited by Jie (see edit history)

On 8/14/2024 at 2:04 PM, Jie said:

Alright, I'll test it again. I’m not sure if there might be a conflict with other mods I have installed, like zombie enhancement mods, or if it's because I'm playing on a custom map created by players. I'm not sure, but I really haven't encountered many zombies.

Custom generated worlds are most likely not the issue, I would try it without any other mods first and test one by one also ideally report back if you find a mod that has issues with this one.

Excellent job! Can't relax for a second, works fine with all these mods:

Spoiler

0_TFP_Harmony
0-Quartz

0-SCore
0-XNPCCore
0xSteel-NoSilentZombies
0xSteel-QuestExcludeCleared
0xSteel-QuestListSortByDistance
1-NPCXBirdPack
1-XNPCCore-NoCoreHumanNPCs
AGF-V1-HUDPlus-1Main-v2.1.0
AGF-V1-HUDPlus-2Addon-Calendar-v1.0.0
AGF-V1-HUDPlus-2Addon-HealthBars-v2.0.0
AGF-V1-HUDPlus-2Addon-XPtoNextLevel-Lootstage-Dukes-v1.0.0
Alter_Autominers
Alter_CropPickupBonus
Alter_DroneWeaponsMod
Alter_FastTravel
Alter_MountedMinigun
Alter_SharedReading
Ana_ParkourFive
AutoClaimChallenges
AutoRead
Challenges Fix
DewtasAutoClosingDoors
FNS_Dirty_Glue_and_Snow-2-H2O
FPS No Quick Swap Icon
GetEmALL
HybridLearnByUse
IDCNoSpawnButton
KHV1-12CraftQueue
KHV1-3SlotForge
KHV1-96BBM
KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims
KHV1-VehicleDamagePatch
KHV1-WanderingHordeFrequency
KHV1-ZombieFallDamage
KHV1-ZombieReachAdjust
khzmusik_Gas_Shortage
khzmusik_Rain_Collector
khzmusik_Snowberry_Love
khzmusik_Zombies
OcbClaimAutoRepair
OcbCrookedDeco
OcbElectricityHalfFencePost
OcbElectricityOverhaul
OcbElectricityWireColors
OcbLightEnablerPOI
OcbNoSuddenExit
OcbStartupOptimizer
OcbStopFuelWaste
PausePopup
PickLockedDoors
QualitySelectorCreativeMenu
QuestAreaTimer
Quieter Backpacks
Quieter Inventory
Remove mainMenuPlayerName
RemoveCameraShake
RWGPatch
SalvagedElectronics-BatteryBank
SalvagedElectronics-GeneratorBank
SalvagedElectronics-Parts
SalvagedElectronics-SolarBank
ShovelFix
SpawnInPlace
SStackTweaks
StayClear
TradersQuestsScrollableSortableRight-Stable1.0
UnlockOpenDoors
VoidGags
WalkerSim
WMMLootRespawnTweak
WMMReduceSpawnDistanceOfWanderingSpawns
WMMVehiclesTriggerPressurePlates
WMMWorkstationMaterialTimer
ZZZxSteel-NoZombieRespawnBiome
ZZZxSteel-NoZombieRespawnPOI
ZZ_DanzoAllTextWithShadow

After a certain while of the server running I've noticed that there's a severe lack of zombies spawning all of a sudden.
Almost like the simulation is paused for some reason.

There's currently 5 people roaming around and we randomly every 10-20m or so get 1 of these and that's it (we don't actually end up seeing a zombie from the event).

I'll have to see later if a reboot fixes it.

16/08/2024, 17:59:25
[WalkerSim] Spawning agent at (2674.17, 44.00, 2597.73)
16/08/2024, 17:59:52
[WalkerSim] Agent despawned, entity id: 4894

Thinking off. I would love a console command to restart the simulation so I wouldn't have to restart the entire server when such a thing happens.

Edit: It indeed works again after reboot.

Edited by ErikRedbeard (see edit history)

tried to use this on a hosted server and the .exe fails to upload.
server hosted via "g-portal.com" and the .exe is just rejected which is a shame as would like to use this.

Without the .exe the mod fails and no zombies spawn at all; and the CMDs do not work. 

1 hour ago, xero165 said:

server hosted via "g-portal.com" and the .exe is just rejected which is a shame as would like to use this.

Without the .exe the mod fails and no zombies spawn at all; and the CMDs do not work. 

The mod almost certainly does NOT need the WalkerSim.exe and WalkerSim.exe.config as those are likely dev test/tool things.

However your issue is probably similar to what I encountered as those hosted servers are usually Linux.

Which means the server host is likely missing the required libraries mentioned under the Linux Note part of the topicstart.

I don't know if that is something you can even install/fix on a hosted server such as g-portal.

been useing this mod for a day now, gota say, love how populated the world is now! did a fight in a wasteland prison complex, and the amount of hordes that turned up because of the noise was @%$#ing beutifull. such a long and never ending fight to take the prison, but we managed to do it. 

hooooowever, i do have a question: 

is it possible for the zeds to not respawn on startup? as in, if i clear my base and local town, they dont respawn when i restart my game. perhaps saving the progress being made? i know i can set new actors to spawn at the edge of the world and slowly shamble inwards, that will be my goal. but i do want to keep the progress i make at clearing out areas of the world. purgeing  a town for example so no more backup arrives when raiding places. or simply making my home base as clear as possible of nearby zeds. 

Have been using it for about a week now, and has been working great, but I noticed a small issue. Zombies will occasionally spawn in areas where they are not supposed to (e.g. inside Traders, my fenced off base with Land Claim Block & Sleeping Bag protection) Is this something you can look into?

Thanks

Edited by Jakmeister999 (see edit history)

On 8/16/2024 at 7:02 PM, ErikRedbeard said:

After a certain while of the server running I've noticed that there's a severe lack of zombies spawning all of a sudden.
Almost like the simulation is paused for some reason.

There's currently 5 people roaming around and we randomly every 10-20m or so get 1 of these and that's it (we don't actually end up seeing a zombie from the event).

I'll have to see later if a reboot fixes it.

16/08/2024, 17:59:25
[WalkerSim] Spawning agent at (2674.17, 44.00, 2597.73)
16/08/2024, 17:59:52
[WalkerSim] Agent despawned, entity id: 4894

Thinking off. I would love a console command to restart the simulation so I wouldn't have to restart the entire server when such a thing happens.

Edit: It indeed works again after reboot.

The respawn functionality is currently not implemented but its easy to do and will be in the next version, I was focusing on other things.

21 hours ago, xero165 said:

The .exe is not required for the mod, it is a tool which is unfished and I will separate that in further releases to avoid any confusions.

17 hours ago, Colin248 said:

is it possible for the zeds to not respawn on startup? as in, if i clear my base and local town, they dont respawn when i restart my game. perhaps saving the progress being made? i know i can set new actors to spawn at the edge of the world and slowly shamble inwards, that will be my goal. but i do want to keep the progress i make at clearing out areas of the world. purgeing  a town for example so no more backup arrives when raiding places. or simply making my home base as clear as possible of nearby zeds. 

The state of the simulation is currently not saved but that is planned for the final version.

15 hours ago, Jakmeister999 said:

Have been using it for about a week now, and has been working great, but I noticed a small issue. Zombies will occasionally spawn in areas where they are not supposed to (e.g. inside Traders, my fenced off base with Land Claim Block & Sleeping Bag protection) Is this something you can look into?

Thanks

Ordinarily it shouldn't do that but maybe there is some oversight, I will look into it.

Also thanks to everyone for all the testing, this really does help get all the problems out of the way.

I tried it and it works great but the zombies stopped spawning after I die. It's probably due to incompatibilities with my other mods but just giving you a heads up of what happened when I tried it. Log attached for reference here.

6 hours ago, Takashinagi said:

I tried it and it works great but the zombies stopped spawning after I die. It's probably due to incompatibilities with my other mods but just giving you a heads up of what happened when I tried it. Log attached for reference here.

Thanks!, I found the issue and will probably push a new version later today.

I published a new version.

Changelog

0.9-beta.4

• Fixed zombies not spawning near players that previously died.
  • Respawning is now implemented, agents will respawn according the configuration of AgentRespawnPosition
  • Added walkersim pause and walkersim resume console commands to pause/resume the simulation.
  • Added detection to see if the client is the host and disables the mod accordingly, joining servers with the mod installed will no longer error.

Download

You can download the latest version from Releases · ZehMatt/7dtd-WalkerSim2 (github.com)

I was wondering how the "RandomBorderLocation" option interacts with a map that is fully surrounded by water. I have a feeling it'll try or even just succeed spawning zombies on the border inside the water, but would it do that or would it manage to spawn them on actual land closest to the borders?

Specifically I'm running the 10k version of Fluffy Panda 1.0 Australia Map V4 6K 10K

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ErikRedbeard said:

I was wondering how the "RandomBorderLocation" option interacts with a map that is fully surrounded by water. I have a feeling it'll try or even just succeed spawning zombies on the border inside the water, but would it do that or would it manage to spawn them on actual land closest to the borders?

Specifically I'm running the 10k version of Fluffy Panda 1.0 Australia Map V4 6K 10K

They will only spawn near players and the mod also takes terrain height and some other things into consideration, so it shouldn't really matter.

Also I had to release a small bug fix.

Changelog

0.9-beta.5

• Fixed exception when game is starting.

Download

You can download the latest version from Releases · ZehMatt/7dtd-WalkerSim2 (github.com)

Edit: In this release the tool/viewer is also now somewhat usable, you can not yet export the configuration but live editing all the things works, one can simply manually edit the xml according to what was set in the UI, export functionality will come soon.

image.gif.ba18797a25f710ccfbf572c7603a1a9d.gif

Edited by ZehMatt (see edit history)

Hello, I updated to the latest version, and now I'm facing two issues. When using vanilla explosives or shooting oil barrels, the screen freezes completely. Additionally, when I input 'walkersim show' in the console, the game also freezes. I tested this with both your current version and the previous version. The previous version didn't have these problems, but I did encounter an issue where zombies wouldn't respawn after dying.

Sorry, I misspoke. It's after I die that the zombies on the map stop respawning.

Edited by Jie (see edit history)

16 hours ago, ZehMatt said:

They will only spawn near players and the mod also takes terrain height and some other things into consideration, so it shouldn't really matter.

Also I had to release a small bug fix.

Changelog

0.9-beta.5

• Fixed exception when game is starting.

Download

Edit: In this release the tool/viewer is also now somewhat usable, you can not yet export the configuration but live editing all the things works, one can simply manually edit the xml according to what was set in the UI, export functionality will come soon.

image.gif.ba18797a25f710ccfbf572c7603a1a9d.gif

The new beta5 completely lags out the server.

It basically freezes the server end for a solid 20 to 30 seconds and then rebounds back the clients time wise to sync back up. It runs for a second or so fine and then it keeps repeating.

Like as before this is on Linux.

Edited by ErikRedbeard (see edit history)

I also noticed that for some reason things have become incredibly sluggish especially `walkersim show`, I have to look into it, I would also recommend not using insanely large numbers for MaxAgents, I was playing around with 8k on Navezgane and that was plenty for me to mimic random hordes.

1 hour ago, ZehMatt said:

I also noticed that for some reason things have become incredibly sluggish especially `walkersim show`, I have to look into it, I would also recommend not using insanely large numbers for MaxAgents, I was playing around with 8k on Navezgane and that was plenty for me to mimic random hordes.

So you mean you set the max agents to 8K for navezgane?

The walkersim pause did not fix the lag/freezing at all. But that could also be because it never got the chance to pause due to the extreme hangups.

I also would need to say that the lag/freeze makes it virtually unplayable. And since we were at the start of a horde night I opted to downgrade it back down to alpha3.

I'll try it out later with different numbers. See if I can make it playable.

Hi ZehMatt

Thanks for sharing this great mod.
Since beta 4 and beta 5, I'm having this error.

2024-08-20T22:38:25 886.572 ERR [MODS] Error while executing GameStartDone on mod "WalkerSim"
2024-08-20T22:38:25 886.624 EXC Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0 
  at WalkerSim.Simulation.SetupProcessors () [0x0023f] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.Simulation.Reset (WalkerSim.Vector3 worldMins, WalkerSim.Vector3 worldMaxs, WalkerSim.Config config) [0x00069] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.WalkerSimMod.InitializeSimWorld () [0x00056] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.WalkerSimMod.GameStartDone () [0x0001d] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at ModEvent.Invoke () [0x00011] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
ModEventAbs`1:LogError(Exception, Receiver)
ModEvent:Invoke()
<startGameCo>d__134:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I don't know what the reason is and my map has very few zombies.
I'll try the new beta 6 and see if that fixes it.

Regards

Gouki