Discount Missing?

19 minutes ago, Plasm234 said:

How are you getting $50.94? It's $57.99 in southern Ontario before tax after tax it's $65.53???????

He probably gets reduced price, but the price reduction isn't mentioned on his page. But your price doesn't fit with my calculations, so either I made a mistake or maybe the shop prices follow immediately with the exchange rate!?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Just a note.  Aside from everyone waiting for Sony and Microsoft to get their act together with making the discount available to those who are eligible.  I heard some word through the support chains that if you had purchased the TellTale bundle that had both the client and the DLC outfits together, that you may not be eligible for the discount.

I do advise strongly to take that with a grain of salt, because both of those stores have been extremely inconsistent in their responses regarding the discount. However it may explain why you have not received it yet when you did purchase the digital edition.

And a reminder again, that if you purchased the physical copy, you are not eligible for the discount.

13 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Just a note.  Aside from everyone waiting for Sony and Microsoft to get their act together with making the discount available to those who are eligible.  I heard some word through the support chains that if you had purchased the TellTale bundle that had both the client and the DLC outfits together, that you may not be eligible for the discount.

I do advise strongly to take that with a grain of salt, because both of those stores have been extremely inconsistent in their responses regarding the discount. However it may explain why you have not received it yet when you did purchase the digital edition.

And a reminder again, that if you purchased the physical copy, you are not eligible for the discount.

Oh @%$#. That's gonna @%$# some people off.. 🤦🏽‍♀️

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Seems the store uses a different exchange rate. BC has 5% tax, so reduced price in Canada without tax should be about 48.51 canadian $. And full price without tax would then be about 64.68 canadian $ !?

That's why I posted what I used for my calculations.  I figured it would get me in the ballpark without knowing the exact exchanged rate used.

15 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

That's why I posted what I used for my calculations.  I figured it would get me in the ballpark without knowing the exact exchanged rate used.

And I calculated the exchange rate independently from your calculations. So it should have been accurate, but now there have been two prices posted that don't fit when assuming the same exchange rate.

Hey everyone. To end this discussion. My friend bought the physical copy in the states and didn’t get the discount. I bought the digital copy (in Canada) and got the discount. It doesn’t show it as a discount though. The conversion of 45$ usd to cad is 62.13. That’s regular price. So if you’re seeing like 45$ or 52$ with the taxes that’s the discount. Hope this helps. Have a great day everyone. 

Why is it you trapped in people who own the hard disc version from the ps4 and won't give us the discount? I have almost 1000 hours on the console version and this strikes me as horrendously unfair, and I am considering chucking the game entirely. 

1 hour ago, COLUMBUSJR72 said:

Why is it you trapped in people who own the hard disc version from the ps4 and won't give us the discount? I have almost 1000 hours on the console version and this strikes me as horrendously unfair, and I am considering chucking the game entirely. 

My guess would be that this was done to prevent fraud.  Digital purchases can be confirmed to the account of the person buying this version of the game.  Physical copies could be passed around to claim discounts.

• SylenThunder changed the title to Discount Missing?

I would like to say if the game is $45.00 on the PSN store for PS5 it is listed for $33.00 which is the discount only the psn store does not say it's the discount it's the regular price. But if it's 25% off of the $33.00 I am gunna have to contact sony

On 7/25/2024 at 7:01 PM, KBloc said:

I too come from Quebec and I don't have access to the discount, but I go to the PSN chop on my computer, I have the discount but that's because I'm in the wrong country. if we calculate the discount with the Canadian tax it comes to close to $40

I'm in Southern Ontario and I'm waiting for response too. The developers haven't responded on these chat forms and it's their official website so they're clearly ignoring people because they've also not responded to anyone X or Facebook. I think the discount was just a cash grab scheme for them to try and rope in people to buy a game that they abandoned that they're now launching with an update. It's really scummy of the fun pimps but at this point I'm used to it from them