Can't Quit/exit from 7d2d - stays open until killed by Task Mgr

Not sure if anyone else experience this after recent hot fixes, but I can't Quit out of 7d2d. It just keeps playing the music in a loop, and never shuts down. I have to manually go to Windows and use Task Manager to kill the process. No save info is lost or anything but it's just annoying, and curious if anyone else has this. I didn't start a new world, so game is continued from prior to hotfix/patches since 325 or before. No, I don't have any mods...

I have had this same issue, where I log out and hit "quit" and nothing happens. I then need to cancel via Taskmanager. I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem.

2 hours ago, Yallaen said:

I have had this same issue, where I log out and hit "quit" and nothing happens. I then need to cancel via Taskmanager. I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem.

Kinda need logs to see anything.

On 7/22/2024 at 3:29 PM, Jugginator said:

Could you post a log file to pastebin please?

I have the log but I can't attach .txt files anymore. What is pastebin? I can't seem to paste the text in this post either. How do I get you the log?

On 7/26/2024 at 5:28 PM, SylenThunder said:

Your GPU driver is pretty old.  I mean, I know that is an obsolete OS, but there are newer drivers.

GeForce Security Update Driver 475.14 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | NVIDIA

I installed that GPU update and it failed on my Win 8.

So, I just bit the bullet - I installed Windows 11. Been meaning to for a while, but a 7d2d issue was the catalyst to finally do it :)