Everybody wanted Traders nerfed

On 7/22/2024 at 10:19 AM, zombiehunter said:

They got what they wanted.  Check out this T6 Infestation reward choice:

T6_Reward.png

Pretty underwhelming and disappointing.

Man, don't make me make this argument. While many of the loot rewards do blow, a legendary part is not necessarily a bad loot reward. It doesn't hold a candle to a steel tool well before you can craft them, but depending on the playthrough they are a welcome loot reward. I've played a few playthroughs in 1.0 and the drop rate appears to range from "next to none at all" to "ok, that might be too many".

Personally, I do think that they needed to nerf the traders a little bit, but they kinda overdid it. Typical of The Fun Pimps though.

6 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Man, don't make me make this argument. While many of the loot rewards do blow, a legendary part is not necessarily a bad loot reward. It doesn't hold a candle to a steel tool well before you can craft them, but depending on the playthrough they are a welcome loot reward. I've played a few playthroughs in 1.0 and the drop rate appears to range from "next to none at all" to "ok, that might be too many".

Personally, I do think that they needed to nerf the traders a little bit, but they kinda overdid it. Typical of The Fun Pimps though.

Agreed. Early game, the rewards are definitely fine as any resources/food are good. 

However when on day 27, clearing out a tier 5 "stand tower" in the wasteland and the rewards are *5 glue; *1 sham chowder; *magazine bundle, etc....thats kinda sh*t, lol

On the other hand, by the time you're doing tier 5 or 6, you probably have Q6 equipment already and have the ability to make pretty much anything you need and can gather resources very quickly.  So other than being able to feel good about getting that Q6 item that you don't need just because it's Q6, it really isn't important.  Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from.  I am a quester and play a lot of RPGs and getting great loot and quest rewards are wonderful.  But this game has such a limited set of equipment and other main things you might get as rewards that you just don't really need to keep getting a ton of Q6 stuff all the time.  With this game, I really don't do quests for rewards even before 1.0 after maybe about tier 3 as I'm usually set up pretty good by then and the rewards, even if good, just aren't needed.  I just quest because I enjoy questing.  It's just a shift in how I relate to this game compared to other games with quests and loot.  Rather than expect it to be what I get from other games, I accept it for how it is and play with that in mind.

Quest rewards before were really overly OP and I'm glad they nerfed them.  Maybe they are a bit too low now, but we don't need to get equipment rewards back.  Maybe just more options for 500 quantity of various resources like ore (maybe around 10-15 for resources like glue).  But that can be OP as well.

I do max Daring Adventurer in 1.0 just so I get double rewards so it feels better, though.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 7/24/2024 at 9:33 PM, Riamus said:

On the other hand, by the time you're doing tier 5 or 6, you probably have Q6 equipment already and have the ability to make pretty much anything you need and can gather resources very quickly.  So other than being able to feel good about getting that Q6 item that you don't need just because it's Q6, it really isn't important.  Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from.  I am a quester and play a lot of RPGs and getting great loot and quest rewards are wonderful.  But this game has such a limited set of equipment and other main things you might get as rewards that you just don't really need to keep getting a ton of Q6 stuff all the time.  With this game, I really don't do quests for rewards even before 1.0 after maybe about tier 3 as I'm usually set up pretty good by then and the rewards, even if good, just aren't needed.  I just quest because I enjoy questing.  It's just a shift in how I relate to this game compared to other games with quests and loot.  Rather than expect it to be what I get from other games, I accept it for how it is and play with that in mind.

Quest rewards before were really overly OP and I'm glad they nerfed them.  Maybe they are a bit too low now, but we don't need to get equipment rewards back.  Maybe just more options for 500 quantity of various resources like ore (maybe around 10-15 for resources like glue).  But that can be OP as well.

I do max Daring Adventurer in 1.0 just so I get double rewards so it feels better, though.

Yup, very true. 

I wonder if they did bring back item degradation, this might help the longevity of the game and the want/need to continuously find or quest for better items. 

I mean that would make total sense and would force us to hold on to that quality 5 item, just in case another one can't be found or bought and you repair your current item enough to where it falls below what you found.

Could add another element to the game....

4 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Yup, very true. 

I wonder if they did bring back item degradation, this might help the longevity of the game and the want/need to continuously find or quest for better items. 

I mean that would make total sense and would force us to hold on to that quality 5 item, just in case another one can't be found or bought and you repair your current item enough to where it falls below what you found.

Could add another element to the game....

If they did that, they'd need to do something about parts.  Now that Q6 is almost entirely crafted - you can find some occasionally, but it's not something you can count on - you would need to be able to find enough parts for whatever weapons you use and for armor (if armor degraded) to be able to keep crafting Q6 stuff.  The legendary parts aren't really a big deal, but even with max perks, I wouldn't be able to find enough X weapon parts to make a new Q6 every week or however long it takes to degrade.  I think it would just become a frustrating experience for players when they only get to use their Q6 on rare occasions or else be without it for long periods of time between when they can get enough parts to craft a new one.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

If they did that, they'd need to do something about parts.  Now that Q6 is almost entirely crafted - you can find some occasionally, but it's not something you can count on - you would need to be able to find enough parts for whatever weapons you use and for armor (if armor degraded) to be able to keep crafting Q6 stuff.  The legendary parts aren't really a big deal, but even with max perks, I wouldn't be able to find enough X weapon parts to make a new Q6 every week or however long it takes to degrade.  I think it would just become a frustrating experience for players when they only get to use their Q6 on rare occasions or else be without it for long periods of time between when they can get enough parts to craft a new one.

True. It probably would just turn into a pain in the ass, just something else to have to keep track of. Maybe just make em degrade slow, idk. 

Just spit balling more or less. I love the game & will support it none the less.