Request for a very minor, but very useful, change to the UI..

ricp

When looking at your quests, you have three icons to the top left; highlight, show on map, and cancel. Considering the first two are simple toggles that do not affect the quest, but the last is one that immediately cancels the quest without any dialog to state you are going to cancel the quest, this last one should be separated from the first two.

1BnzOMb.png

I know this is a "me problem", but I have constantly clicked "cancel" when I've meant to click "show on map", I feel this issue will only increase when a "less precise controller" is used by console owners.

Ultimately it's just bad UI design to have a cancel button, without a "are you sure dialog", right next to a button that toggles its visibility.

Is this the biggest issue? No, not at all. Do I blame TFP for this? Hell no, the game has been evolving, you've had other fires to fight. However seeing as we are reaching full release, and the game is getting more polish, perhaps take 10 minutes to say, "hey cancel button, you can be moved over by 50 pixels just so fat fingered people don't lose their quest so easily".

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, ricp said:

When looking at your quests, you have three icons to the top left; highlight, show on map, and cancel. Considering the first two are simple toggles that do not affect the quest, but the last is one that immediately cancels the quest without any dialog to state you are going to cancel the quest, this last one should be separated from the first two.

1BnzOMb.png

I know this is a "me problem", but I have constantly clicked "cancel" when I've meant to click "show on map", I feel this issue will only increase when a "less precise controller" is used by console owners.

Ultimately it's just bad UI design to have a cancel button, without a "are you sure dialog", right next to a button that toggles its visibility.

Is this the biggest issue? No, not at all. Do I blame TFP for this? Hell no, the game has been evolving, you've had other fires to fight. However seeing as we are reaching full release, and the game is getting more polish, perhaps take 10 minutes to say, "hey cancel button, you can be moved over by 50 pixels just so fat fingered people don't lose their quest so easily".

Thanks in advance.

Although I've never had an issue, this is such an easy change that I definitely support it.

Just now, Riamus said:

Although I've never had an issue, this is such an easy change that I definitely support it.

It is a very easy change. Admittedly I am saying this from a position where I have no visibility over the code base, but I am a coder and have developed games using Unity before so I am going to go out on a limb and say is easy to do.

I am also a web dev and have been all my life, UI/UX is key to my job, this is a common problem that designers tend to miss. I'm also not that keen on "mystery meat navigation", but that's another issue.

On 7/22/2024 at 11:41 PM, Vaeliorin said:

I'd rather they add a dialog box to confirm you want to cancel a quest, but doing both would be a good thing (and I shouldn't think either would be hard to implement.)

Yeah, it's just "good design" to warn users they are about to take an irreversible action. That would probably solve the issue for me, but I still think from a visual and logical design viewpoint the icons should be separated.

On 7/22/2024 at 5:51 AM, ricp said:

1BnzOMb.png

Thanks in advance.

+1 for me. Good idea.