V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)

Wrenching stuff seems to create quite a bit. I like to wrench everything (using a mod that makes damn near everything wrenchable) and beginning on Day 3, I started getting them very frequently wherever I happened to be despite making no other noise. Caught me completely off guard at first, but I like it, keeps me on edge.

I vaguely recall noise creating actions with anything metal creating much higher heat in old Alphas (or maybe from an overhaul), feels like that.

4 hours ago, Skullfracture said:

Wrenching stuff seems to create quite a bit. I like to wrench everything (using a mod that makes damn near everything wrenchable) and beginning on Day 3, I started getting them very frequently wherever I happened to be despite making no other noise. Caught me completely off guard at first, but I like it, keeps me on edge.

I vaguely recall noise creating actions with anything metal creating much higher heat in old Alphas (or maybe from an overhaul), feels like that.

Yeah, pretty much any activity that would make noise adds to the heat map.  I've had screamers called just because I was sorting inventory.

14 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Yes. There is a chance to spawn one or two at the beginning of the screamer event. If one of them screams, there is a chance to spawn another screamer from the list of zombies per game stage.

For those that may not know:
Making sound like falling blocks, chopping trees, mining ore, and firing weapons creates activity "heat".
It is not just the "heat" of fires burning.
The Heat Map is more about activity than it is physical heat.

Ah, that explanation helps greatly, thank you! I always assumed the breaking blocks/falling blocks was for iron-tier stuff and above (because metal = lots of noise), but it's nice to know that it's for stone blocks too. I'll definitely be more careful in the future, that's for sure... had the unfortunate encouter of having to lower a balcony on the building I'm renovating and stupidly decided to just let the balcony fall rather than break every block... wouldn't ya know, another double-screamer horde, and she did in fact call a third (only one horde event though). 😭

• Hated unpinned this topic