(V1) Preppocalypse

arramus

It's a good question, because some of the sophisticated mods can change what we receive for Skill/Perks or Location.

Preppocalypse is a very simple mod and it gives everywhere and everyone the same. For example:

- The Prepper Miner can be placed anywhere on the ground. It receives a random amount of resources anywhere it is placed. Skill/Perk and Location have no benefit.
Loot at 200% gives double chance and has benefit for everyone.
- The Fish Trap is also a random amount of items or resources. Skill or Perk has no benefit. Loot at 200% has benefit for everyone.

- Bee Hives and Coops are also a random amount of Honey Comb, Feathers, Eggs, and Chickens. Skill or Perk has no benefit. Loot at 200% has benefit for everyone.

This means that any player can check the Prepper Miner, Fish Trap, Bee Hives, and Coops. There will be no difference who does it or where they do it.

The only difference is receiving Wild Rice and Wild Wheat from cutting 'grass'. Living off the Land will increase the Harvest just like with Farm Plots.

14 hours ago, arramus said:

Ah yes. Not a big issue, but something to be careful about for the future.

V1.0 adds a new mod to the Mods folders. It is called:

0_TFP_Harmony

This mod allows other mods to load that are using a Harmony Patch approach to change or add new code directly into the game, beyond 'simple' xml modding.

Without this mod, 0-Score is unable to load and that is the error message being shown in the log.

Validating your game files will reinstall that missing default game mod, and loading should be a better experience after that.

That fixed it!!! Thank you. Loving your mod :)

1st love it... just some info I have found.

using  Linux and mod Launcher. 

loading there is Red messages. They seem to be the Loading percentage graphics not loading. 

2nd  Burnt forest seems to be loaded with wasteland zombies. Chain died there but when i pushed to desert had no issues.  

I'm not familiar with Linux load out messages, but the red kind aren't wanted. Posting the log in the Mod Launcher Discord, at using pastebin to add here will be helpful if it's a concern.

The Burnt Forest was calmed down about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure on your current build date.

The day time has its own specific Burnt Forest zombie group which contains the Prepper Boss kind. The night time is virtually identical to the Pine Forest zombie group.

The Burnt Forest can be grizzly for sure.

Preppocalypse doesn't use the log feature for acquiring bees, and opts to place them in trees and stumps instead.
This is because, it already adds things around the biomes, such as the communication towers and other small decorative POIs.
It also adds stumps in the desert. In A20, the logs used an entity spawning feature, which could conflict with other mods and caused quite a lot of troubleshooting.
From V1.0 they are simply placed in the biomes, and downgrade to empty logs before upgrading again over time. Preppocalypse stays with the same tree and stump system used from A20.

This mod is loading up with both the Stable b336 and Experimental 1.1 b4 versions without any critical issues. It is running smoother on 1.1 b4 because it patched some necessary things as well. Since it is a pretty simple overhaul, changes of version cause zero to minimal issues unless there is something which is overhauling a feature of the game itself.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:12 AM, arramus said:

Preppocalypse doesn't use the log feature for acquiring bees, and opts to place them in trees and stumps instead.
This is because, it already adds things around the biomes, such as the communication towers and other small decorative POIs.
It also adds stumps in the desert. In A20, the logs used an entity spawning feature, which could conflict with other mods and caused quite a lot of troubleshooting.
From V1.0 they are simply placed in the biomes, and downgrade to empty logs before upgrading again over time. Preppocalypse stays with the same tree and stump system used from A20.

Thanks for your reply, I finally found that bees ;)

2 hours ago, arramus said:

This mod is loading up with both the Stable b336 and Experimental 1.1 b4 versions without any critical issues. It is running smoother on 1.1 b4 because it patched some necessary things as well. Since it is a pretty simple overhaul, changes of version cause zero to minimal issues unless there is something which is overhauling a feature of the game itself.

Ahh good to know. I will launch a game and see what things feel like. We need another YT play through for people to get a feel for it. So i see the custom maps in the additional mods. I assume RWG would work as well then?

Preppo has modified the RWG Mixer file to do the following:

- Pine Forest country towns are about 20% bigger
- There will be an Old West Town appear in every biome (except Wasteland to keep with V1.0 progression) and these are well populated with 50 ~ 100 POIs which consists of the default type and custom Old West POIs.
- Larger Towns in the Desert, Snow, and Burnt will also be larger.

- Allow custom POIs to appear more frequently.

The biggest Down Town Cities do not change anything since they are already well balanced for V1.0. and it keeps performance optimized.

RWG brings some really decent results for V1.0. and there's a lot less needing to try multiple seeds to get a good result.

There are some 'Pregen' Worlds for Preppo. A 5K and 6K for V1.1 b4 (has the newest POIs and their updates), and another for Stable at 8K. Since game updates are quite frequent, I haven't invested too much time making a very customized world because updates are adding new default POIs and roadway tiles.

For Single Player, the latest 5K World for 1.1 b4 is working out well. I am Day 12 and it's nice to Minibike around and travel between biomes. It has a few tweaks such as placing an in context building by the matching Trader. For example, a gun shop close to Hugh, a Pharmacy near Jen, and Car Dealer opposite Bob.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5295?tab=files

Here is an update for Preppocalypse:

1. Birds' Nest has been updated to allow it to be looted when placed on half blocks. These types of blocks appear in a multitude of POIs and some TFP POI creators place Birds' Nest on top of them. They use that 'ground align' feature where blocks can fit the contour of slopes, but required some additional tagging in Unity.

2. A number of Old West POIs were updated as some lights are misaligned (rotated 180 degrees) and some of the old type fake sheets did not update well and can cause issues.

3. Here is a new POI in the Old West Migration Mod which carries over to Preppocalypse.

Cran5000 Soda

This small business server soda, but has it's own theme about it which can be seen once inside. A fair number of streamers are completing multiple series of Preppo, and they have their own presence in the form of POIs.

spacer.png

Here are a few updates for Preppocalypse. Some are known issues which are being resolved now that we are in Stable build and the V1.1 Experimental appears to be cumulative patches and improvements.

- Preppo Car

The EndZ team of Thee Legion and Mayred kindly patched up the Preppocalypse car for V1.0. It required some work in the Unity garage for the wheel axle and other small tweaks. This brings back the animation to the wheels, not that anyone posted about it. ^^

- Homesteading

The Fish Trap, Chicken Coops, and Bee Hives required a Hold Type change for how the player held the bait, chick, and queen. The flat hand version would release the item, and then go into a melee attack. This would cause damage to these homestead features. This update changes the Hold Type and slightly shifts the item to match the new positioning. Thank you to Oakraven for making these changes for the Oakraven Collection as soon as this issue was reported.

- Recipes

A few recipes see a slight change to reduce required amount or time of certain crafting items. This is because they were either a little too high or using too many resources compared to V1.0 standards. For example, crafting a bag of Wheat has dropped from 30 to 20 seconds since acorn flour and corn meal remain incredibly low.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love the mod and Oakraven assets.
I just wanted to ask about the Oakraven stuff though. How many of the assets from Oakraven modlets are being used.
I wanted to use the others with it because I didn't see the monobikes, warpig, or goatbat.  Also, I saw fish traps, but didn't know if that was just a small part of the fishing stuff or if the fish farms were included somehow.

Good stuff, always nice to see you and the team on top of projects like these.
Thank you!

Preppocalypse is currently incorporating Oakraven Chicken Coops, Oakraven Bee Hives, Oakraven Gas Drill, and Oakraven Ammo Press for workstation type assets that are also standalone. For weapons, it also has the Briston's Pistons (Dr Prepper), and Can Can Bat. However, there are subtle differences such as expanded recipes or slightly different mechanisms for how they work.

The Fish Trap feature is specific to Preppocalypse, Outback Roadies, and the Wild West Mod and was created on request.

Other Oakraven Mods can be used in Preppocalypse since they attempt to integrate in as gentle a way as possible.

bdub's vehicles, and the Vehicle Madness Mod, along with Oakraven's Monobikes and Warpig function well in Preppocalypse when all used at exactly the same time.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Preppocalypse is currently incorporating Oakraven Chicken Coops, Oakraven Bee Hives, Oakraven Gas Drill, and Oakraven Ammo Press for workstation type assets that are also standalone. For weapons, it also has the Briston's Pistons (Dr Prepper), and Can Can Bat. However, there are subtle differences such as expanded recipes or slightly different mechanisms for how they work.

The Fish Trap feature is specific to Preppocalypse, Outback Roadies, and the Wild West Mod and was created on request.

Other Oakraven Mods can be used in Preppocalypse since they attempt to integrate in as gentle a way as possible.

bdub's vehicles, and the Vehicle Madness Mod, along with Oakraven's Monobikes and Warpig function well in Preppocalypse when all used at exactly the same time.

Thanks for that, i'll go ahead and use them with it then.

Also, you may want to see about this new entry on Nexus... seems to be a blank project using Preppocalypses files/folders etc.
Key-Industrie_V1.1

Seems fishy

Edited by LordSoth01 (see edit history)

Thank you. It is exactly as you describe it. All of the folders with none of the content. It seems to be the user may be using it as a template for a future plan, but that really is not the way to go about things. I reported it to the Nexus moderators and they are usually very prompt to act on such things, especially because Preppocalypse is already there.

This is a big reason for adding Oakraven content to Nexus, as he had the same issue last year with the Oakraven Ammo Press. It took about 4 weeks to resolve because of an investigation process which allowed the uploader to contest the take down request. Having a presence resolved things within 24 hours for another mod.

Ah yes, Scomar. It was working beautifully before b316. However, the screamer system is not really working out so well since the update for b316 when it was 'overhauled'.
It seems to be very unreliable for Vanilla game play as well. They don't come when you want them, but they do come when you don't want them...and there is no real reason for them to be there.

I am watching if there will be any changes for the future. If it stays like that, I think it may be removed because it is a waste of effort.

If you continue to wait longer, feel free to scan the Localization for mistakes in the German text or offer suggestions. It was added with Google help. ^^
Once V1.1 becomes stable it'll also become time to add your Localizations for the Oakraven Collection because there shouldn't be any dramatic changes after that.

Yes, the screamer situation is very disappointing because it offered a fun change to game play.