I Like The Changes To The Dew Collectors :)

Really pleased with these changes! Able to build the thing simply enough without the filter, but then upgrade it with mods which increase the speed, amount and quality of the water is really great. I'm getting by with three of them and that's proving a little overkill with the tarp mod.

In my previous game in A21 I think we had eighteen Dew Collectors - eight in two fields a safe distance from the base and two actually in the base - to meet our water needs. We had to bypass the tasty tasty stews because that was a lot of water to make enough stews for both of us. It didn't help that I had perked into healing which meant injuries made me hungry and I was eating a LOT on the Infestation Quests. I was maybe eating four or five stews per quest and my buddy was only eating one.

When the dew collectors were first brought in we had ten dew collectors actually IN the base. The next sneaky little update brought in the heat map value per dew collector ... ... ... yeah, hadn't seen ONE screamer the entire game to that point because we managed our heat pretty well. Suddenly -- no sooner had we killed one screamer and saw off a small horder than the next one showed up. We usually only got that type of action whilst base building and making concrete.

I rarely built them in the Alpha's just too much trouble for too little resource compared to just looting dirty water. They've been great in 1.0 though, with the reduced cost to build and then modding them to be more useful, just a win all around.

On 7/11/2024 at 8:36 PM, ElCabong said:

I prefer the original way where you would build your base around some place that had a toilet and then you got all the water you needed from the toilet. 

I like the old way better where I could build a base near I river out lake and collect it ß needed.

On 7/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, Adam the Waster said:

I still think there needs to be a water pump even if it costs something really expensive and even needs a legendary part or two I would be up for that for industrial water purposes

I'm all for late game QoL additions once you've 'earned it'.

--

.. Mostly just wanted to chime in and say I really like the dew collector as it is now also.