(V1.0) Oakraven Collection

arramus

Here are links to the Oakraven Collection Mods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Permission is not immediately granted to use in overhauls or mod packs. Please ask first in this thread.

More information about TFPs modding policy can be found here: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4189-tfp-official-modding-forum-policy/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(V1.0) Oakraven Ammo Press

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5105

This mod provides a small form factor Ammo Press which allows bulk ammo to be crafted in half the time. Unlocks at Level 40 with Forge Ahead Magazine.

(V1.0) Oakraven Bee Hives

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5209

This mod provides a Bee Keeping dynamic using Bee Hives and Queen Bees. Custom logs can be harvested in the Pine Forest or Desert for Honey Comb and Queen Bees. These logs can repopulate over a 5 day cycle (based on 60 minute days). Custom recipes can use the Honey Comb.

(V1.0) Oakraven Briston's Pistons

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5165

This mods provides a Tier 3 melee weapon which provides 10% better stats than Steel Knuckles. It can only be found in loot and at the traders for purchase or as a quest reward.

(V1.0) Oakraven Can Can Bat

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5122

This mod provides a Tier 1 melee weapon which provides 10% better stats than a baseball bat. It can only be found in loot and at the traders for purchase or as a quest reward.

(V1.0) Oakraven Cement Mixer

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5185

This mod provides a custom Cement Mixer that unlocks at Level 40. It can craft Bulk Concrete Stacks (1000) using 70% of the default resources in 70% of the time.

(V1.0) Oakraven Chicken Coops

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5051/

This mod allows players to craft Chicken Coops. Place 2 Caught Chicks in the Coops and over time you can collect eggs, feathers, and domesticated chickens.

WARNING:- Do not install this mod on an existing World. It replaces the nests with custom nests and will cause issues. Only add this mod to a new World.

(V1.0) Oakraven Cooking Stations

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5180

This mod provides a variety of 4 custom Cooking Workstations. The cookers and stoves are crafted as a helper and can be placed as 1 of the 4. Has all of the default camp fire recipes but offers a 15 slot Output area for greater storage capacity.

(V1.0) Oakraven Fish Farm

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5189/

This mod expands cooking choices with a fish farming dynamic with fish farm plots and an Oakraven Fish Oven for cooking fish based recipes.

(V1.0) Oakraven Goat Bat

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5188

This mod provides a Tier 1 melee weapon which provides 10% better stats than a baseball bat. It can only be found in loot and at the traders for purchase or as a quest reward.

(V1.0) Oakraven Power Things

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5187

This mod provides custom power features using Power Cells and Solar Cells with greater power and efficiency.

(V1.0) Oakraven Rock Drill

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5053

This mod allows players to craft and place an Oakraven Rock Drill. It can be given a Rock Drill Gas Can to power one mining cycle. Mining resources will be collected as loot for each cycle.

Edited by arramus
Oakraven Bee Hives (see edit history)

Always loved these mods from the Oakraven collection.
There is one recurring theme that's nagged me while trying to re-organize and update A21 and v1.0 mods and that's more progression.

Is it possible to apply that to some of these like the Chicken Coops? Like, instead of being able to craft all versions at once, perhaps you have to find a book/magazine for each variant? That way each playthrough could be additionally different with the mod.

Ideas on it, using Chicken Coop example:
1.) Each variant locked behind a readable (book, schematic, magazine, note, old VHS tape lol).
2.) Tiered versions. Shoddy basic starter structures going up to more deluxe variants that would give better yields, handle more, etc.
3.) Quality levels - could find a way to use quality levels based on other things if there isn't a "crafter" skill used directly, like materials used to adding an additional skill and have it part of a "Core"  modlet for other mods to use that would have something like "carpentry" and a learn by use leveling skill system like the Learn By Use mod.
Always like the workstations based on crafter skill and materials used like in the Star Wars Galaxies system. The way materials were done there wouldn't be able to be replicated without some heavy additions, but there are other options.

This would continue to add to the randomness and difference of playthroughs.  Just a thought.
Great work in it's current state though, so thank you for all this!

Edit: Come to think of it... I wonder why we havent used more VHS tapes and CDs for instructional/learning use. Think it was Xyth who set up the video players, right? I think the Winterween team had music players for notes I think (OCBMaurice?). Could throw those into the mix of "things to find" and give additional usage and value to old tapes, tvs, vhs players/video players, cd players, consoles, PC's, etc so you could repair and get working to play these and learn from them. Pretty sure someone had something like that with PCs and treasure maps as well.

Edited by Brugas (see edit history)

Oakraven will be the voice of authority on this, but he's currently up to his eyeballs in updating this collection, the Wild West Mod, and any other things he's been involved with in Unity.

The Chicken Coops and Bee Hives were traditionally left unlocked since they required the Workbench as a prerequisite to crafting. This decision was based on potential conflict with other mods, and restrictive UI capacity. Some of these mods require unlocking and are pegged to existing game assets. The Ammo Press it tagged to the Cement Mixer, and the Drill is tagged to the Chemistry Table. Some other mods kind of shuffle that around and can break these connections, and moreso if they rewrite the progression steps in their own way. This ultimately sees these issues arrive in this thread with fingers pointing at the Oakraven Collection when the issue lies elsewhere. Keeping things as simple as possible reduces these issues, although they cannot be totally avoided.

Saying that, these mods do get used elsewhere, such as The Wild West Mod, Ravenhearst, Preppocalypse, Age of Oblivion, and Outback Roadies. They are then reintegrated as the overhaul creators see fit. For example, some require crafting and placing Chicken Coops as part of an overall sequence of Quests. Some allow them to be picked up from custom POIs, and others will lock them into their own progression system.

Oakraven pretty much releases these mods for the community to integrate and expand on and they are generally released with just the core assets in place to be taken further elsewhere.

HI!

i have the chicken coops mod and played it on a new world.  whenever i come across an unempty birds nest, which is rare, after pressing to harvest the console window immediately pops up with an error msg and i'm unable to loot the nest... not sure what i need to do.  it's installed server side.

i do, however, get chicks from trees and wheat, i haven't crafted a coop yet.  

TIA

The mods are released with as few dependencies and potential conflicts as possible through keeping the backend quite light, but there is always potential for unplanned for issues when mixing with other assets.

This test was on a new World in Navezgane using the latest version of the Chicken Coop Mods without any other mods in the Mods folder.

This was the 10th nest that was checked and looted. The result of the previous nest looting can be seen in the inventory. This resulted in:

- No console warning errors

- No window pop up UI messages

The looting process worked as intended.

spacer.png

Without sharing a log, which will help understand if there were other mods present when this issue occurred, it can only be a speculative response that there is a potential conflict.

(V1.0) Oakraven Chicken Coops

I installed the Mod on my detecated server and on the cleint side.  Started a new Game but using the <property name="GameWorld"                        value="Navezgane"/> Map.  Are the nests supposed to stay in the game?  as of now I loot the nest and they stay behind as Empty.

Just checking because I beleive in Vanilla the nest disappear. 

Hello Toexplicit.

Yes, this is the expected dynamic.

There was a time in Vanilla when nests did not disappear. They would repopulate. The Oakraven Chicken Coops mod was released at this time and matched this dynamic of not disappearing. However, when things changed in A21, and the Vanilla nest disappeared, it was decided to keep the nests, because they can repopulate over time. For this release, that time is every 5 days (60 minute default day cycle). After 5 days it will change from 'Empty' to lootable again. However, if a player needs extra feathers, the nest can be harvested with something like an axe. At the time, the nest will never appear again unless the World is using a 'chunk' region reset.

It is possible to add the cooking stations to an existing World. However, there is always some risk depending on what else is installed and what things are currently placed. This is because adding new things can shuffle up the ID numbers of blocks/items. If you make a backup of your World and Saves, it will always be possible to roll back to a build before the cooking stations were added.

Hello,

i love your Mods, nice to see them already in 1.0

I use a couple of them and translated these to german. If you want to include the translations to your mainfiles you can take it. It will be found here: German Translations

At the moment there are AmmoPress, CementMixer, ChickenCoops, CookingStations and FishFarm translated in german.

Maybe i will do some more translations.

Greetings Scomar

On 7/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, arramus said:

Hello Toexplicit.

Yes, this is the expected dynamic.

There was a time in Vanilla when nests did not disappear. They would repopulate. The Oakraven Chicken Coops mod was released at this time and matched this dynamic of not disappearing. However, when things changed in A21, and the Vanilla nest disappeared, it was decided to keep the nests, because they can repopulate over time. For this release, that time is every 5 days (60 minute default day cycle). After 5 days it will change from 'Empty' to lootable again. However, if a player needs extra feathers, the nest can be harvested with something like an axe. At the time, the nest will never appear again unless the World is using a 'chunk' region reset.

Thank you for answering my question - Just got into 7 days at alpha 21 - I Have been Enjoying your mods.