Is it no longer possible to transfer your character to a new world?

Fisher

I discovered the world I was playing was pretty badly generated, so I've attempted to transfer my levelled character to a new one.

Started a new game, saved, then copied the old player files over to the new save.  I'm getting all kinds of wonky errors though.  Firstly, it converts the chunk I'm in to a snow biome from plains.  Right in the middle of a plains city!

I've tried selectively copying files different ways for many attempts.  I cannot transfer my character to a new world though.  Have TFP made this impossible now?

This USED to be such a simple thing to do in the game.  I've done it many times in the past.

16 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

What files did you copy to the new world?

I copied the 3 files from the Player folder within the save.

I got it sorted out though, so hopefully any future people with similar problem will see this.

I was moving my character from a different sized world.  I was playing on a 10K, but moving to a 6K.

You have to note the location of your new character in the new world.  You then have to move your character in the old world to the same position before you exit.

Then, copying the 3 player files works, and everything is normal.

In my case, it was spawning me in outside of the existing world.  That's why the random snow biome was occurring.

1 hour ago, Fisher said:

I copied the 3 files from the Player folder within the save.

I got it sorted out though, so hopefully any future people with similar problem will see this.

I was moving my character from a different sized world.  I was playing on a 10K, but moving to a 6K.

You have to note the location of your new character in the new world.  You then have to move your character in the old world to the same position before you exit.

Then, copying the 3 player files works, and everything is normal.

In my case, it was spawning me in outside of the existing world.  That's why the random snow biome was occurring.

I'm glad you figured it out and wanted to thank you for not just saying you fixed it, but also giving the details for others to use.