Optimize this game

rafineria888

Folks have posted their PCs and have shown that if you set your system and game up correctly that you can have totally good playable framerates in 7D2D. 

So I decided to post my year-old build also. 

CPU: AMD 7600X, GPU: AMD RX 6700XT, 32 GB DDR 5 Ram clocked at 5600, NVMe M.2 drives on a MSI MOBO running  Windows 11 Pro.

FPS in 7D2D: open areas 300 +, in larger cities 70-100+.  All depends on what POI I am in etc.  Game setting, I use, a mix of Ultra, high, and medium.

Due to using an older monitor I only run 1080p.

Also if you have a full AMD system and haven't tried using the AMD Adrenalin App you may want to give it a try. There are a lot of interesting features that can 

speed your game FPS up.

I'm just going to copy this from Reddit since I posted it recently.

I have the following system hardware, and these video settings at 1440p, and the game runs just fine. Averaging 110-160FPS in most places. In a city situation similar to this video it might drop into the 45-70FPS range for a bit, but it is perfectly playable.

CPU : AMD R9 3900X
RAM : 32B DDR4 at 3200Mhz
GPU : MSI Radeon RX 6800 XT Gaming Z Trio
Monitor : Samsung 32" G5 Odyssey 1440p x3
OS drive : 500GB Evo 860 SATA SSD
Game drive : A pair of 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q4's in RAID-0
Steam/Saves drive : 2TB Seagate BarraCuda 120 SATA SSD
Game client and save folders are excluded from security software.
OS is Windows 11 with current updates, and all supplier bloatware has been removed.

I have also covered previously how much of a difference simple changes like CPU clock speed and RAM speeds can make, and also how much of a difference just some bloatware can have.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

OS is Windows 11 with current updates, and all supplier bloatware has been removed.

I have also covered previously how much of a difference simple changes like CPU clock speed and RAM speeds can make, and also how much of a difference just some bloatware can have.

That sounds like quite the system!     I have been thinking about removing bloatware, did you use a software tool or manually remove?   

2 hours ago, Old Coot said:

That sounds like quite the system!     I have been thinking about removing bloatware, did you use a software tool or manually remove?   

I just manually remove it. Or prevent it from getting installed in the first place. A lot of motherboards have a setting in the BIOS that controls the software getting installed, so you may need to take an extra step to turn it off there. (Asus and Acer are the biggest offenders, but Gigabyte and MSI do it on the more premium boards as well.) 

Like if you buy an HP pre-built, there is a lot of HP bloatware to check for software updates, and some of it to do nothing more than report your usage of the computer back to the mothership. 

Software like Killer Networking for Killer Network adapters can actually prevent you from being able to play online. Asus has a similar program, but they finally dumped it late last year and don't offer it anymore. These programs basically "boost" your game network speeds by blocking everything else from connecting. However they are based on technology from back when ADSL was the top-tier internet connection for people with maybe 25Mbps download speeds. The Asus software can literally cap your entire connection to no faster than 10Mbps. Never mind that you have 500+. 

So basically, look through your installed software for anything linked to the manufacturer of your system. Take a good look at whether you really need it or not. Even GeForce Experience is nearly complete bloatware. They're getting better with offering tools more like what AMD has for overclocking your GPU. However most of the software will just screw up your game settings to unrealistic levels, and phone home your private data to Nvidia. 

And honestly, going from being barely able to play, to a nearly stable 60FPS on a bottom-end system that was obsolete before the game was even conceived... Just by removing the bloat and excluding the client from security software. No overclocking. No non-standard tweaks to the way the client works by editing ini files. Just by cleaning up the garbage software. That is just a testament to how bad these programs are. And it doesn't matter if you have a fancy high-end system. That will still steal your resources and prevent you from getting optimum performance.

I upgraded my 5800XT to a 6800XT and got a whopping 10fps increase.
I upgrade my Ryzen 5 1600x to a Ryzen 9 5900X and DOUBLE my frames. Consistently getting over 100FPS

You are probably dealing with CPU bound performance if you are using an older CPU.

Below are my settings. I am playing at 3440x1440 which is 3.5k. I also don't have the game world on an SSD, it's on an HDD right now. But main game files are on SSD. Once I clone my C drive and move it over to the SSD, I'd expect a little bump in performance as well.

image.png.11800bbedc5895770d8c44e67f1e9c61.png
image.thumb.png.3e075aa7e7bf42ef0966bf1bba68ea98.png
image.thumb.png.fd7c8d217975ec282ffebefdf37d3bc7.png

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

On 3/28/2024 at 12:25 PM, warmer said:

I upgraded my 5800XT to a 6800XT and got a whopping 10fps increase.
I upgrade my Ryzen 5 1600x to a Ryzen 9 5900X and DOUBLE my frames. Consistently getting over 100FPS

Another great build!  I see you are using Adrenalin.  How are you getting that app to report correctly?  Doesn't work for me

17 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Another great build!  I see you are using Adrenalin.  How are you getting that app to report correctly?  Doesn't work for me

Adrenalin reports the FPS correctly only if you are not using FMF. Enabling FMF makes Adrenaline show the FMF framerate, and not what is actually going to your display.