Tree Environment mod(A21.2)

Blue mame

Is it possible if you could next time separate all trees in unity3d resource file since the file in the whole is 2gb so if we want to get rid of some certain trees we could just do it by removing the tree's own resource file but right now they are all put into one big file and without premium unity it cannot be tampered but yea I would appreciate it if each tree has own unity3d file next time I am just saying cuz I have been doing some optimizations myself too cuz the A21 version has pretty big performance effect. :P

Is it possible if you could next time separate all trees in unity3d resource file since the file in the whole is 2gb so if we want to get rid of some certain trees we could just do it by removing the tree's own resource file but right now they are all put into one big file and without premium unity it cannot be tampered but yea I would appreciate it if each tree has own unity3d file next time I am just saying cuz I have been doing some optimizations myself too cuz the A21 version has pretty big performance effect. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying out the mod and I get the same problems that Jessy was referring to with blurred graphics for vanilla items (vehicles, plants, etc).  I tried using "gfx st budget 0" and it worked.  But it's also not ideal to need to do that each game.  Can you see if you can determine what is causing this?  As a side note, it also affects the vehicles in Vehicle Madness.  Possibly it is a conflict with VM or another of the few mods I have installed.  But if you know what the gfx command is doing, maybe that can point to the problem?  Note that using 1 instead of 0 puts the blur back on.

Examples before and after using the command:

image.thumb.png.e5fdddc39e7f805227e8003a65eaa952.png

image.thumb.png.3322d07909a4d355f20582acfa958fc9.png

image.thumb.png.e7fb3f25a5e735537f698ed85494be00.png

image.thumb.png.7156b7f3dbf9861dc0de1a40391788e5.png

For the plants, notice that your plants look the same, but the grass next to the Elephant Ear changes from blurry to clear.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

What video card do you have? The best we have determined is it just happens when your card starts running out of available vram. It isn't a conflict or anything like that.

Radeon RX 580.  I could try reducing graphics and see if that helps.  Not sure where my VRAM is sitting while playing the game.

Ok, so VRAM is sitting at 3900 or somewhat less out of 4GB while idle in the game (not at menu).  So it's right up next to max.  GPU utilization is hitting 100% frequently.  Will try lower settings.

I tried lowering various settings and didn't see much change until I set resolution lower with FSR3 to get the same quality.  I was able to drop VRAM idle usage by 200-300.  But even after reloading the game, the blurry textures remained.  Maybe it's an AMD issue or something.  It's unfortunate because I really want to use this mod but I can't have the textures that bad on the vehicles.  If it was only on plants, I could live with it, but the vehicles look really bad.  If there are any other ideas, I'll try anything.

Side note: I tried the Dynamic Resolution as was suggested earlier, but if it's on, I get severe flickering in places with both options.  I have to leave that off.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Radeon RX 580.  I could try reducing graphics and see if that helps.  Not sure where my VRAM is sitting while playing the game.

Ok, so VRAM is sitting at 3900 or somewhat less out of 4GB while idle in the game (not at menu).  So it's right up next to max.  GPU utilization is hitting 100% frequently.  Will try lower settings.

I tried lowering various settings and didn't see much change until I set resolution lower with FSR3 to get the same quality.  I was able to drop VRAM idle usage by 200-300.  But even after reloading the game, the blurry textures remained.  Maybe it's an AMD issue or something.  It's unfortunate because I really want to use this mod but I can't have the textures that bad on the vehicles.  If it was only on plants, I could live with it, but the vehicles look really bad.  If there are any other ideas, I'll try anything.

Side note: I tried the Dynamic Resolution as was suggested earlier, but if it's on, I get severe flickering in places with both options.  I have to leave that off.

Try setting Texture Quality lower and see if it helps. It's the main one I think. But any heavy ones like shadows or terrain quality might help lower your vram usage.

1 minute ago, bdubyah said:

Try setting Texture Quality lower and see if it helps. It's the main one I think. But any heavy ones like shadows or terrain quality might help lower your vram usage.

Yeah, I tried that.  It didn't do much.  The only thing that made any noticeable difference was the resolution... and that wasn't a lot.  I might play around some more with the settings later but it just didn't seem to make much difference.

On 10/2/2024 at 3:02 AM, Riamus said:

Yeah, I tried that.  It didn't do much.  The only thing that made any noticeable difference was the resolution... and that wasn't a lot.  I might play around some more with the settings later but it just didn't seem to make much difference.

What I've noticed when having various mods with better textures is that, within a certain area around you... "x" number of items get the full fx treatment, and some will get the blurred fx treatment, depending on how many assets are trying to load in an area and how much video ram its trying to use by loading all that within an area.
It's not always the same objects, as it can change up like your pictures... something that was high res once might be an item that gets the low res treatment if other assets are loaded with higher resolutions and vice versa... same applies to anything from rocks to vehicles.

Just depends on how much you have running, how high those graphic resolutions are and how much vram they consume and how much your video card can process and hold as far as video ram is concerned.  Been an ongoing thing for a long time and certainly not just this game.

Edited by LordSoth01 (see edit history)

Well, changing settings doesn't solve the issue so I'll just have to pass on using the mod, unfortunately.  Maybe whenever I update my computer and have a better GPU, it will work for me.  Still a great mod.

Is it just that this mod uses higher quality images than vanilla and so vanilla gets sacrificed while these are always perfect?  If that's the case, is it maybe possible to make a "lo-res" version of the mod for people who have trouble that uses the same texture quality as vanilla so that it doesn't have to sacrifice vanilla?  I don't have the problem even with the vehicle madness mod, which adds all those vehicles that use different textures.  It only happens with this one, so it seems like there may be something that can solve it and a lo-res version might be that fix.  Note that I've also tried this without VM installed and the results are the same.  Stuff from this mod is always perfect.  Other decorations and items are always blurred.  All vegetation and trees, all vehicles, and certain other deco blocks are always blurred unless I use the gfx command to "fix" them, and that doesn't seem to work everywhere from a single use of it, so you have to keep using it over and over each game, which isn't ideal.

I don't suppose there is a launch parameter to force that gfx setting all the time?

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)