Help for Pipe Bomb mod.

notBouBou

Hello everyone.

First try on modding here.
I've got the plan to create a Pipe bomb like on L4D ( Attract zombie to let you breath then explode )

Everything is done but I don't know how to make them chase the Pipe Bomb instead of me.

Is it even possible ?

They chase it when they are wandering yes , but if they are chasing me , they don't care about it.

Any solution ? 

Thanks in advance. :)

Not sure if it is somewhere in the xml files but I do know you can get them to chase rocks and snowballs (as long as they are not aggroed on you already)

Edit:

I just checked and line 15633 in the items.xml does have this line.

<property name="ThrowableDecoy" value="true"/>

maybe that is one that makes them chase it.

It is also line 15665 in items.xml for the snowball.

Could try that in your mod.

Edit of Edit.

Ok never properly read your post. I saw you got them to chase it.

As for them chasing it instead of you after they are already chasing you, I am not sure about.

Am going to leave what I just said though in case someone else needs to comment on it.

Hope you get it working and I see it out there.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Zombies, by default, will automatically go after you if they have detected you (which is what you are describing).  What you might have to start looking at is adding a new AI behavior to the zombies that go for the pipe bomb decoy and make that outweigh the wander to / attack enemy decision.

28 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Zombies, by default, will automatically go after you if they have detected you (which is what you are describing).  What you might have to start looking at is adding a new AI behavior to the zombies that go for the pipe bomb decoy and make that outweigh the wander to / attack enemy decision.

Thank you for your answer , I'll check it but I think it's above my current skills. 

2 hours ago, notBouBou said:

Thank you for your answer , I'll check it but I think it's above my current skills. 

You might want to check out the S Core mod.  I know a lot of the NPC mods out there use it as their baseline and they then make some modifications.  You might see something there that could be useful on your end.