Epic Online Services could not fully initialize.

DaveHoff

I have had this problem for days.  I was happily playing the game online without issue.  Next morning I wake up and I can't play multiplayer.  I tried turning of Anti-Cheat, problem persists.  I flushed the DNS settings with ipconfig - problem persists.  Multiple reboots, validated the files, reinstalled the game, and the problem persists.  Can anyone please help me resolve this issue so I can play this game with my friends?  I used a different computer in my house and it connects without any problems.  Unfortunately this one computer started having this problem and it won't go away.  I have looked around for solutions and I am really in need of some help.

I have turned off every security software option I can think of.  I need a way to find what is blocking it, how about an IP address to ping?

I have the Epic Games Launcher and I am able to play games using that, I know this is a different service but it is the same Epic Games and it is one more piece of information tying this error only to 7 Days to Die and not other Anit-cheat and Epic Game Services dependent applications.

I also don't understand  how security software that I didn't make any changes to would cause a problem after having no problems for days.

I don't know if it matters but I am doing a direct connect to an IP Address.  I am going to try getting a torrent download of a cracked version of the game (a game I own and paid for) to see if that solves this problem.

1 hour ago, DaveHoff said:

I also don't understand  how security software that I didn't make any changes to would cause a problem after having no problems for days.

Antivirus software on your computer usually inspects every single file you write on your disk for virus signatures. Now imagine an update to the game or some data (that the game writes constantly to disk while playing) by chance looks like a virus signature and gets blocked. Suddenly some code or data is corrupted.

I don't know if this is the problem you have specifically. This is just an example of how this can suddenly happen. And AFAIK the built-in antivirus software from Microsoft can not be turned off, you can only turn off detection for specific directories.

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Antivirus software on your computer usually inspects every single file you write on your disk for virus signatures. Now imagine an update to the game or some data (that the game writes constantly to disk while playing) by chance looks like a virus signature and gets blocked. Suddenly some code or data is corrupted.

I don't know if this is the problem you have specifically. This is just an example of how this can suddenly happen. And AFAIK the built-in antivirus software from Microsoft can not be turned off, you can only turn off detection for specific directories.

Also note that security software updates daily, sometimes hourly. A change to the heuristics scan can mean a file that was fine previously can get detected and interfered with by the new scan data.

3 hours ago, DaveHoff said:

If I can't turn off the Microsoft Windows antivirus then how do I get this to work?

The Pinned Support FAQ has instructions on how to exclude.

Exclude both the game client folder, and the save folder in %appdata%.

Afterwards validate the files two or three times in Steam. Then restart your computer.

• 1 month later...