Hells_Janitor

4 hours ago, ScottBug said:

Hi, we've just installed this mod and built a base but we can't upgrade any of the blocks. Are we missing something? Thanks

Nope, you're not missing anything. Blocks cannot be upgraded - only repaired ...

7 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Thank you.  Didn't know that I had to remove to refuel it.  Also having strange problems with the dew collector.  I have one with just a water filter and it is gathering murky water.  I have another with a water filter, advance water filter, large barrel, and large tarp (I believe that's what you called them), but it didn't collect any water, the droplet bar was filling up, then reset with nothing collected.  The first droplet bar was filling up, then reset back to nothing.  Also had tried one with nothing in it and it showed the droplet bar filling up, then reset back to empty bar.

There do seem to be a few issues with dew collectors reported. Until I can look at it properly, I might just revert to the vanilla collector.

Hopefully I'll be able to update soon.

5 hours ago, Survinator said:

for repair primitiv armor i need repair kit, is that right?

and i can't put cycling short in any armor

I'll look into this ...

5 hours ago, Survinator said:

farm plot have 3 variants for place, but only 1st can be useable for farming

I'll look into this too :) 

12 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Nope, you're not missing anything. Blocks cannot be upgraded - only repaired ...

There do seem to be a few issues with dew collectors reported. Until I can look at it properly, I might just revert to the vanilla collector.

Hopefully I'll be able to update soon.

I'll look into this ...

I'll look into this too :) 

Thank you, looking forward to the time you get a chance to see what is causing the problems and having it resolved.   I also like to say that I and my friend likes your overhaul and the great challenge it presents us.

UPDATE V2.0.1

• Tweaked spawning for early game stages
  • Reverted the dew collector to the vanilla version (temporarily)
  • Re-added the random walk type for zombies
  • Reverted tint colours for rotten zombies, re-added a Wendigo variant
  • Fixed cycling shorts not being able to be slotted in armour
  • Fixed hazmat loot bags so they actually contain hazmat gear
  • Turned down the volume on the 4x4 horn
  • Added two new vehicles; a dirt bike and a dune buggy

SHOULD be save-game safe, but as always, back your saves up first, just in case.

Enjoy :) 

Hello,

Just went into my test save game and the dew collectors I was testing with the various mods and even the one without any mods, turned into chicken coops.  Just wanted to let you know at least that happened with your update switching to vanilla dew collectors.

1 hour ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello,

Just went into my test save game and the dew collectors I was testing with the various mods and even the one without any mods, turned into chicken coops.  Just wanted to let you know at least that happened with your update switching to vanilla dew collectors.

2 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

SHOULD be save-game safe, but as always, back your saves up first, just in case.

5 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello,

this is quite logical, since there were changes to the collectors, they should have been pick up to the inventory before the update... why didn’t you do this?

I have seen someone say where to find the config file for the despair mod but I'm not sure exactly what to change. We just want to slow it down a bit. Standing on my bed next to the fire for a whole night it went down by 0.7% and shot up again as soon as I moved. What do I change in the config to adjust this? Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Never mind we have done it. Great work on the mod by the way.

Edited by ScottBug (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, ScottBug said:

I have seen someone say where to find the config file for the despair mod but I'm not sure exactly what to change. We just want to slow it down a bit. Standing on my bed next to the fire for a whole night it went down by 0.7% and shot up again as soon as I moved. What do I change in the config to adjust this? Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Never mind we have done it. Great work on the mod by the way.

It should never "shoot up". It's all about your environment. Being in close proximity to zombies is bad, being wet is bad, being outside at night without a light source is bad, being injured in any way is bad - but eating good food, staying warm & dry, killing zombies, and staying hydrated and well fed are all good.

Adjusting the way the despair works is not really in the spirit of the mod - it's not how it was designed to be played.

15 hours ago, Survinator said:

this is quite logical, since there were changes to the collectors, they should have been pick up to the inventory before the update... why didn’t you do this?

Because it was my test environment, not my actual game that I am playing.  I don't care what happens to things in the test environment.

42 minutes ago, Hell-Fire said:

Because it was my test environment, not my actual game that I am playing.  I don't care what happens to things in the test environment.

Nevertheless - I appreciate the heads-up. Now others can see a potential issue before it happens :) 

3 hours ago, tkemptonx said:

Hello, love the mod. I was curious and noticed that the wooden arrows are not craftable. went hunting in creative and couldnt see them either. found them in the items xml though. 

I removed them from this release as they didn't appear to be a necessary item

UPDATE 2.0.2

• Fixed some recipes not adjusting correctly with master chef perk ranks
  • Fixed an oversight with dew collector tools - traders now have the correct items.
  • Zombie bowlers now puke and explode like other fatties
  • ALL zombie puke now calls minions if it hits the player
  • Fixed zombie bears and dire wolves not dropping loot
  • Added custom loading screens
  • changed biome spawns for certain traders, and fixed the custom traders to their respective biomes (requires a new world/save)

again, SHOULD be save-game safe, but back up your saves first, just in case.

Enjoy! :) 

Edited by Hells_Janitor
missed information (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Does it set to 30% on any death, regardless of how high despair is?

If so, definitely a bug, and I'll look into it.

Specifically when we die of deapair, when someone dies it always starts at 30% despair. I looked at the buffs.xml and couldn't determine exactly why as the only reference was a line for activating the 30% isolated trigger, could that be it?

Edited by VeritasLuxMea
Adding that death by despair (see edit history)

4 hours ago, VeritasLuxMea said:

Specifically when we die of deapair, when someone dies it always starts at 30% despair. I looked at the buffs.xml and couldn't determine exactly why as the only reference was a line for activating the 30% isolated trigger, could that be it?

Yes, I looked through the XML after I saw your post, and couldn't see why it would happen this way no matter the level of despair, as it should only happen if the player actually dies from despair.

Some further investigation is needed I think. I'll be working on it - thanks for letting me know :) 

1 minute ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Yes, I looked through the XML after I saw your post, and couldn't see why it would happen this way no matter the level of despair, as it should only happen if the player actually dies from despair.

Some further investigation is needed I think. I'll be working on it - thanks for letting me know :) 

To understand you correctly, if one dies from despair it should start back at 0%?

Any other cause of death should start or stay at a certain %?

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='cannedfood']">
        <item name="foodCanCarrots"/>
    </append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupDumpsterFood']">
    </append>

6 hours ago, VeritasLuxMea said:

To understand you correctly, if one dies from despair it should start back at 0%?

Any other cause of death should start or stay at a certain %?

no, the opposite. If you die from despair, it'll restart you at 30% despair. If you die from any other cause, it'll restart you at whatever your despair percentage was when you died.

17 minutes ago, Hells_Janitor said:

no, the opposite. If you die from despair, it'll restart you at 30% despair. If you die from any other cause, it'll restart you at whatever your despair percentage was when you died.

Interesting, so if that's the case then it is working as intended I apologize for the confusion. Personally I feel with respawning with 30% despair after having died to 100% feels a bit off putting as you are immediately given a debuff of isolation -15% stamina. 

and for shamway boxes and foodpiles

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupFoodCommon']">
    </append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupFoodPileCommon']">
    </append>

Edited by Survinator (see edit history)

Hi again, 

Quick question on mushrooms.  Do they need to be put in a farm plot or tilled ground?  They don't seem to grow if we place them on the wall, like in vanilla.  My friend and I are enjoying the greater challenge, we've both have died about 5 times to despair so far, but slowly starting to get the stuff to make better food and drink, especially drinks since the vanilla dew collector is working.  Thanks again for creating this great mod.

Oh, not sure if it is due to your mod or vanilla, but the scrapping challenge seems to be hit or miss when it counts.  I've scrapped a lot of items  and none of it has counted for me.  My friend has also done the same, but only has 1/5.  Also, the helmet light is acting weird, but for me in a good way.  I have it turned off, it keeps acting like it is on, but it is off.  Also, whenever I get on the bicycle, I turn the light off, but when I get back on it, the light is turned on again.  Haven't checked it in my test environment though. 

8 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hi again, 

Quick question on mushrooms.  Do they need to be put in a farm plot or tilled ground?  They don't seem to grow if we place them on the wall, like in vanilla.  My friend and I are enjoying the greater challenge, we've both have died about 5 times to despair so far, but slowly starting to get the stuff to make better food and drink, especially drinks since the vanilla dew collector is working.  Thanks again for creating this great mod.

All crops have to be planted in fertile ground - either fertile terrain or your crafted farm plot.

4 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Oh, not sure if it is due to your mod or vanilla, but the scrapping challenge seems to be hit or miss when it counts.  I've scrapped a lot of items  and none of it has counted for me.  My friend has also done the same, but only has 1/5.  Also, the helmet light is acting weird, but for me in a good way.  I have it turned off, it keeps acting like it is on, but it is off.  Also, whenever I get on the bicycle, I turn the light off, but when I get back on it, the light is turned on again.  Haven't checked it in my test environment though. 

I've noticed some weird behaviour from the helmet light too - I'm looking into it. 

I hadn't noticed an issue with the scrapping challenge - but I'll keep an eye on it.