I'm looking for ideas for a .22LR gun!

Funukemaguro

I'm thinking of making a GUN-PACK mod that adds some guns that use .22LR.
The concept is something like
"lower power than a pipe gun but can be shot at a lower cost",
"great for hunting small game",
 "cheap enough to spread around a lot".

However, I only know of a few well-known .22LR guns, because I live in Japan and don't have much exposure to guns.
So please let me know which guns you want or would enjoy if you have them.

Or, I would like your honest opinion if there is no demand to add .22LR to this game.

Edited by Funukemaguro (see edit history)

Mods this specific are always cool. There is likely absolutely no interest in adding .22LR to the game as weapons in 7 Days are extremely generic. This may be something that is expanded upon in later Alpha releases however (hopefully)

Don't let that stop you though, it would still be awesome to see something like this added :)

On 11/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, ThunderSn1per said:

Mods this specific are always cool. There is likely absolutely no interest in adding .22LR to the game as weapons in 7 Days are extremely generic. This may be something that is expanded upon in later Alpha releases however (hopefully)

Don't let that stop you though, it would still be awesome to see something like this added :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

.22 LR ammunition seems to be commonplace in the American setting for vermin control on farms, target practice, sport shooting, etc.
But it seems that Fun Pimps probably don't have enough interest in .22LR to bother adding it to this game.
So far no one else has made a MOD to add .22LR ammo and guns that use it, either because the .22LR is too low-powered for zombies, or to add other guns that are better looking.

However, Sturm RugerMk.2 has appeared in "Fallout: New Vegas," "Metal Gear Solid 4," and "DAYZ," so I think it has a certain amount of popularity.
Cheap, low recoil, and works well with suppressors, I personally think this ammo is worth adding to this game as a mod.

7 hours ago, Funukemaguro said:

.22 LR ammunition seems to be commonplace in the American setting for vermin control on farms, target practice, sport shooting, etc.
But it seems that Fun Pimps probably don't have enough interest in .22LR to bother adding it to this game.
So far no one else has made a MOD to add .22LR ammo and guns that use it, either because the .22LR is too low-powered for zombies, or to add other guns that are better looking.

However, Sturm RugerMk.2 has appeared in "Fallout: New Vegas," "Metal Gear Solid 4," and "DAYZ," so I think it has a certain amount of popularity.
Cheap, low recoil, and works well with suppressors, I personally think this ammo is worth adding to this game as a mod.

The thing is you're talking about a very specific caliber and this game is still in Alpha with on 9mm, 7.62mm and Shotgun Shells as the main ammo alongside robotic ammo.

Making a mod that introduces other ammo types is absolutely a great idea for those that want to run it and feel the immersion! I wholeheartedly encourage you to make this!

There are a lot of players that play for many other reasons that likely aren't bothered much and are just happy to have "guns" in the game with less real-world immersion as 7 Days to Die is not a simulator in any way :)

It's absolutely worth looking into and creating as it could add some variety to the game, I've been making some mods to lower the speed at which certain unlocks are made, like Harvesting Tools to make the game a little more realistic and "harder"

TLDR: Not everyone is going to want specific ammo types and guns, but if it's anidea and you want to make the mod, then that is all the inspiration you need, I look forward to seeing it released :)

its .22 magnum but always wanted one when younger... now we have to be in a gun club and have a license to own guns in Australia.

the Ruger 10-22 is also a popular rifle.  

I fo you are going to add a new calibre ammo then youcan also get .22 pistols , in the us... lol

1 hour ago, spud42 said:

its .22 magnum but always wanted one when younger... now we have to be in a gun club and have a license to own guns in Australia.

the Ruger 10-22 is also a popular rifle.  

I fo you are going to add a new calibre ammo then youcan also get .22 pistols , in the us... lol

The Winchester Model 94-22M can be used as a lever-action rifle for shooting, but the problem is reloading... It seems to load from the front, not the side.

Ruger 10/22 could be made using AK motion. The grip position may be a bit off, but if I can get a model with a pistol grip stock or make one myself, that should solve the problem!

The only other candidates I can think of at the moment are

Armalite AR7
Colt Woodsman (I like Colt Woodsman because he appeared in the Japanese anime "KINO'S JOURNEY.)
Ruger Mk IV
FN502
.22LR revolver, though I don't have a specific maker in mind.
American-180 (if I can make a good animation of reloading)
I guess somewhere around there.

I'm having a hard time finding a gun that looks just right because I can't add a new reload animation, so it's harder than I thought it would be...

I wish I could make a mod that could somehow increase the reload animation...

• 1 month later...