Controller help please

Thordragon

I do have that input in the settings on in the launcher all the time and my Generic Controller and my new Gen Xbox controller i got today isn't getting detected from the game of 7 days to die in order to work. I tried to exit out of steam and i do always remember to turn on my controllers before going into the game. The game just not detecting my controllers. My Generic controller uses the old 360 program thing what ever you call it. So please help me fix this again. 

PS 

I am running Windows 11

Related issue. I use a PS4 controller and yesterday I was playing 7DTD and the controller was working just fine. But after I quit out and tried to run it later in the day, 7DTD would not recognize the controller. 

So I started messing with the controller layout / templates for the game. I found that if I applied one of the 'key binding' templates to the game profile, (such as the "7Days to Die Bindings" by user "spartanshalo"), the game would recognize controller inputs. But the button bindings are controller translations of keyboard / mouse inputs. 

But if I use a controller binding based on 'built-in gamepad support", 7DTD would not recognize the controller inputs. 

As far as I can tell, 7DTD is not currently recognizing controller layouts based on "built-in gamepad support". Is there a registry entry or some other file that can be deleted / reloaded? 

48 minutes ago, BigPappaShanks said:

Related issue. I use a PS4 controller and yesterday I was playing 7DTD and the controller was working just fine. But after I quit out and tried to run it later in the day, 7DTD would not recognize the controller. 

So I started messing with the controller layout / templates for the game. I found that if I applied one of the 'key binding' templates to the game profile, (such as the "7Days to Die Bindings" by user "spartanshalo"), the game would recognize controller inputs. But the button bindings are controller translations of keyboard / mouse inputs. 

But if I use a controller binding based on 'built-in gamepad support", 7DTD would not recognize the controller inputs. 

As far as I can tell, 7DTD is not currently recognizing controller layouts based on "built-in gamepad support". Is there a registry entry or some other file that can be deleted / reloaded? 

All of your settings are stored in the registry, Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die. You can also get here by loading the game launcher, going into tools, open game settings. If that doesn't resolve it, I'll try loading up current stable and see if there's anything I can see to fix it for ya, but we do have an entire controller overhaul coming which will resolve a ton of issues/give more quality of life/modernization.