Question about zombies' speed variations during a fight

daos

Hello, fellow survivors.

I have been going through a couple of 7DTD sessions these past years, and only recently did I start to up the difficulty a bit. I selected the following settings .

Just in case the image goes down, for the record, here are the settings that I have modified :

* Difficulty = Warrior

* AI Block damage and Blood moon block damage = 150%

* Blood moon count = 16 enemies

* Zombie night speed = Nightmare

* Zombie blood moon speed = Nightmare

My question is : how comes some zombies, walking non-feral zombies, suddenly start sprinting, weirdly stumbling forward after a knife headshot and so on ? I recorded this video with two fights against a non-feral walking biker, the first one keeps walking until he dies, the second one starts sprinting immediatly after the first knife headshot, has some ninja-level stumbling animations and so on.

As far as I recall it is not something I ever encountered in all my Adventurer-difficulty saves in alpha 16 to 20, so is this behavior caused by the "Sprint" value for "Zombie feral speed", which means that the normal biker in the video is "becoming" feral after the first headshot, or is it coming from somewhere else ?

Video : 

The same rage mode that causes zombies to attack random blocks ? Okay, I wasn't aware it changed their movement speed, but I guess playing on lower difficulties in the past years made it too easy to kill them before they had the chance to enter rage mode.

Thank you for your answer =)

9 minutes ago, daos said:

The same rage mode that causes zombies to attack random blocks ? Okay, I wasn't aware it changed their movement speed, but I guess playing on lower difficulties in the past years made it too easy to kill them before they had the chance to enter rage mode.

Thank you for your answer 😃

Actually, two different things.  Rage mode affects movement speed.  Destruction mode is where they attack random blocks. If they are attacking random blocks, it doesn't mean their speed is increased and if their speed is increased, it doesn't mean they will attack random blocks.