NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exxodous

I've been building in the prefab editor for several weeks and a couple days ago I got constant null reference errors and the last 3 or 4 rows of my land/building were gone.  I managed to get rid of the errors by filling in the missing landmass with terrain tiles and things went well for a day to two.  It came back today and I can't seem to get rid of it.  I checked the game log and below is repeating constantly.  Any suggestions as to what is causing this error?  It looks like TileEntityPowerSource?  no clue what that is.  I've worked extremely hard on this project and hate to loose it all.  Playtest works with no errors but the editor is jacked at the moment.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TileEntityPowerSource.get_IsOn () [0x0000c] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at TileEntityPowerSource.UpdateTick (World world) [0x00013] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at Chunk.UpdateTick (World _world, System.Boolean _bSpawnEnemies) [0x00015] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x0011b] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00331] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 

Did you use any blocks that normally require electricity, like Blade Traps or non-POI versions of lights? POI's don't use electricity; you don't want those blocks.

IIRC, Stallionsden has added safe versions of turrets and traps to the Custom Blocks Pack. They're not functional, but give the appearance of a formerly defended location.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

I have used those items and I can remove them.  It's just really odd that weeks went by (with those items placed) then all of a sudden the errors appear and hundreds of blocks disappear at the same time.  I've been working nearly every day with no issues then one day... poof lol.  No errors when I use play test either, even while the editor is throwing console errors constantly.

1 hour ago, Exxodous said:

I have used those items and I can remove them.  It's just really odd that weeks went by (with those items placed) then all of a sudden the errors appear and hundreds of blocks disappear at the same time.  I've been working nearly every day with no issues then one day... poof lol.  No errors when I use play test either, even while the editor is throwing console errors constantly.

Should always load poi in a real  game .

When you say half poi missing did you update imposter and the mesh stopped generating.

@zztong is correct any player ade block whether blade traps, turrets, relay switches,  anything you hook up in a real game to electricity shouldn't be used in a poi . 

3 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Should always load poi in a real  game .

When you say half poi missing did you update imposter and the mesh stopped generating.

@zztong is correct any player ade block whether blade traps, turrets, relay switches,  anything you hook up in a real game to electricity shouldn't be used in a poi . 

Thanks to both of you.  I was just trying to build a castle that I would import into the game when I was finished and wasn't aware you weren't supposed to use player made blocks in the editor.

Like I said I've been slowly building daily for weeks.  I'd just build, save and exit.  repeat the next day.  A few days ago the back section of my POI was just missing, ground gone, buildings cut in half with console errors going crazy.  I slowly and I mean slowly because of console errors filled in all missing sections with terrain blocks and errors stopped.  Took me 3 days or so to rebuild and bam it was gone again on day four, same location.

Last night when it happened again I couldn't get it to stop the same way until I destroyed two solar panels.  Oddly enough there are 4 others on the POI....Shrugs.   No errors tonight and I'll delete any other player made electronics I put in the POI and hope that solves it long term.

Thanks again.

34 minutes ago, Exxodous said:

Thanks to both of you.  I was just trying to build a castle that I would import into the game when I was finished and wasn't aware you weren't supposed to use player made blocks in the editor.

Like I said I've been slowly building daily for weeks.  I'd just build, save and exit.  repeat the next day.  A few days ago the back section of my POI was just missing, ground gone, buildings cut in half with console errors going crazy.  I slowly and I mean slowly because of console errors filled in all missing sections with terrain blocks and errors stopped.  Took me 3 days or so to rebuild and bam it was gone again on day four, same location.

Last night when it happened again I couldn't get it to stop the same way until I destroyed two solar panels.  Oddly enough there are 4 others on the POI....Shrugs.   No errors tonight and I'll delete any other player made electronics I put in the POI and hope that solves it long term.

Thanks again.

could you upload your logs by chance and screenshots to of the poi.

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

could you upload your logs by chance and screenshots to of the poi.

I had to delete a bunch from paste bin, it was too large, but it was more of the same null references.

I've also already rebuilt the POI but from where the gun is pointed all the way west and to the right was just gone.  The solar panels were about the last thing before stuff started missing, but as I said there were 4 other solar panels, two in the middle and two in the front of the POI.

https://pastebin.com/Ti7q731p

image.thumb.png.2a86d9af9c25cf1786fa9364c7d0887b.png